Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order (318 Views)

Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Before Leaving Office. / No, The Fourteenth Amendment Does Not Authorize Birthright Citizenship / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
President Donald Trump says he plans to sign an executive order that would end the right to citizenship for the children of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on US soil.
It's unclear if the President has the authority to strip citizenship of those born in the US with an executive order, and he did not say when he would sign the order in the clip released by Axios. .
"We're the only country in the world where a person comes in, has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits," Trump said in an interview for "Axios on HBO."
"It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end," he continued. "It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," he said, adding that he has run it by his counsel. .
"You can definitely do it with an act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order," Trump said. The President didn't provide any details of his plan, but said that "it's in the process. It'll happen."

Re: Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order by Beremx(f): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
Bad market for Nigerians and other Africans trooping to US to give birth.

Trump and his policies sha.... I don't just understand him

1 Like

Re: Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order by Mynd44: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order by Stone123(m): 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
grin

(1)

I Sexually Assaulted Our Maid, Philippine President Confesses / Is Boko Haram Funded By The Lebanese In Nigeria? / Israeli Helicopters Strike Hamas Post In Gaza.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.