Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,894 members, 7,810,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis (437 Views)

Story: �when A Woman Cheats� Episode1 / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
NO CHOICE

The early morning breeze swept voraciously through my curtains and gave a quick peep through my window forcing me to take a sudden look at my wristwatch, it was 7:00 am. "God! I exclaimed, I'm 30 minutes late". I ignored cleaning my shoe, such a poor soul, rushed down to the bathroom; brushed my teeth and took my bathe with a quick snap. Leaving the house by 7:00 am wasn't really late but the thought of seeing a great multitude of people waiting for taxi at the junction always sent a hush rush down my spine. It was like trying to find a bee that wouldn't sting in a beehive.
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
I boarded a bike and mumbled a silent prayer as he rode through the bumpy road that lay carelessly across the streets like a decent *prostitute*. As we approached the junction, the sight that met my eyes bewildered me, about hundreds of passengers waiting for a taxi, shuffling around the corners, under the bridge, at the mouth of the U-TURN, practically everywhere. ***Ewoo*** nearly fell from my mouth. I hurriedly went and stood with the other passengers, waiting for a miracle to happen maybe. In a jiffy, an empty taxi came along with a rough looking middle aged driver. *Stress* was boldly written on his face and it seemed he was trying to wash them off as he screamed atop his voice... "Berger, #300 with your change oo". "Arghh Berger #300?, But it only cost me #100 to Berger yesterday; a worn out woman carrying a baby strapped at her back cried. "Madam, if you no wan enter you fit stay there abeg; the driver retorted.
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Anybody following?
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by bot101(m): 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ayam here ooo!!
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by Dagger79(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
I don land, no be to follow? make we follow dey go.
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2018
bot101:
Ayam here ooo!!
Ok welcome
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
Dagger79:
I don land, no be to follow? make we follow dey go.
welcome
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
I was cut in-between the strange sudden hike of the T-fare and the sick situation of his taxi as almost 10 people rushed to enter the taxi. "Abeg na three people I dey carry for front oo and five for back, you know say motor no dey". He squeezed his roughy looking arm through the window pane and waved at another haggard young man who came galloping towards the car to collect the #100 note from his hand. "Hey Madam, you no go fit enter this motor oo, you fat na abi you no know? Except say you go carry drop na".
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
With so much contempt and pride, he blew the words as they hit the air which caused some of the passengers to burst into laughter. "But Oga how can you carry three people at the front, you want to suffocate them? You don't even care about their safety?; A voice squeezed it's way from the back of the taxi.
"Oga, if you no wan go, you fit come down oo, atleast people plenty for here wey wan go work and motor no dey fa; The driver snapped at him.
Re: Short Story: When The Passengers Are More Than The Taxis by krissconnect(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
"Well, that's the situation of the passengers when we are more than the taxis; I whispered at a young lady standing besides me. "We are outrightly treated with contempt, without respect, left with no choice, taken to the floor and dragged to the mud against our own wish". She looked at me and let out a faint hearted smile and sighed.

The end

(1) (Reply)

Beware! Poem By Mike Freke / The Entity (A Horror Story) / Content Writer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.