Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 (1551 Views)

I Want To Swap My Lexus ES350 2008 To Buy A Mercrdes C300 2013 / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / Help With My Lexus Es 350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by Rhemmymatician(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
I just got a tokunbo Lexus RX300 2002 model. How can I use Bluetooth with it so I can pick calls easily while driving.

Also the navigation screen is bad and I want to replace it at Ladipo tomorrow, I want to know if I can use the Navigation map to find my way around Nigeria.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by sultaan(m): 12:35am On Oct 31, 2018
No no no.

I don't think they have Bluetooth that year and maps were dvd based
Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by Rhemmymatician(m): 6:37am On Oct 31, 2018
sultaan:
No no no.

I don't think they have Bluetooth that year and maps were dvd based

Thanks for the response. Is there a peripheral device I can use with it to still enjoy the Bluetooth function, and how does the DVD thing work. Is there like a DVD if map of Nigeria I slot in the car?
Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by thebigkendo(m): 8:04am On Oct 31, 2018
Rhemmymatician:

Thanks for the response. Is there a peripheral device I can use with it to still enjoy the Bluetooth function, and how does the DVD thing work. Is there like a DVD if map of Nigeria I slot in the car?

No Nigerian DVD,
You have some options on getting Bluetooth & Nigerian Navigation
- Replace the entire audio unit/display with an aftermarket Chinese unit
- Replace the rear view mirror with Chinese rear view mirror which has navigation & Bluetooth connectivity
- 3rd option will give you only Bluetooth connectivity, you can easily install an adaptor.
-Leave the factory setup as is & get an external Navigation system that can be mounted on the dashboard or windshield

2nd option is the easiest and cheapest

Cc Fogman
Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by Rhemmymatician(m): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2018
thebigkendo:

No Nigerian DVD,
You have some options on getting Bluetooth & Nigerian Navigation
- Replace the entire audio unit/display with an aftermarket Chinese unit
- Replace the rear view mirror with Chinese rear view mirror which has navigation & Bluetooth connectivity
- 3rd option will give you only Bluetooth connectivity, you can easily install an adaptor.
-Leave the factory setup as is & get an external Navigation system that can be mounted on the dashboard or windshield

2nd option is the easiest and cheapest

Cc Fogman

Thanks Chief. Second option as in
Replace the rear view mirror with Chinese rear view mirror which has navigation & Bluetooth connectivity

Or

Leave the factory setup as is & get an external Navigation system that can be mounted on the dashboard or windshield

And for either do you know someone you can refer me to?
Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by thebigkendo(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2018
Rhemmymatician:

And for either do you know someone you can refer me to?

Search for Fogman on nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by Rhemmymatician(m): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
thebigkendo:

Search for Fogman on nairaland

Called both his Numbers, neither is going through
Re: I Want To Use Bluetooth And Map Navigation On My Lexus RX300 by thebigkendo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
Rhemmymatician:

Called both his Numbers, neither is going through

Sorry I can't help you

(1) (Reply)

Pros & Cons Of Bmw / Help Me Diagnose This / 4 Disadvantages Of Low Petrol Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.