Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG (17879 Views)

Kano Doctor Transfuses Woman With HIV Infected Blood / Nigeria Has More HIV--infected Babies Than Anywhere In The World - Sciencemag / I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by ikorodureporta: 7:14am On Oct 31, 2018
The Federal Government has confirmed a report which ranks Nigeria first on the list of countries with high record of mother-to-child transmission of HIV/AIDS in the world.

Government reiterated local and international indications confirmed that Nigeria produces 30 percent of children born with HIV/AIDS globally.

Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, told newsmen at the launch of a roadmap on implementation of the National Treatment and Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV/AIDS in Abuja, yesterday, that the situation is worrisome and requires collective action of all stakeholders, with the support of global partners to correct the statistics.

Prof. Adewole said the roadmap has been designed to give proper guidance and direction on how best to offer treatment to HIV patients in Nigeria and also, protect unborn children from contacting the virus through a mother living with the virus.

The minister also confirmed that Nigeria has 3.1 million people living with the virus, out of which 1.1 million people have been under proper and timely treatment from government.

He said he was impressed with the commitment of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) to the cause of proper and timely care for patients with the virus.

“There is no reason why Nigeria should be the highest producer of babies infected with HIV because, we have put in great efforts in the past. Obviously, more is required to achieve more results,” he added.

The minister expressed hope that the reinvigorated fight against the virus would result in significant drop in spread and good attention given to people living with the virus.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/nigeria-highest-producer-of-hiv-infected-babies-fg/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by hisgrace090: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2018
I argue not anymore.

Last time that i did my HIV screening test the lady that conducted the test warns me to be very carefule out there because HIV carriers are everywhere.

She says that her eyes have seen something since she started the blood screening work.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by hisexcellency34: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2018
Especially IN Northern Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by Etizz: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2018
Chai....anyway, as long as I am not infected, my child is safe

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by SUPOL(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2018
NO more without ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by Tellemall: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2018
This isn't UN or WHO verified.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by Slikbae: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
Lol
Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by sirbanky77(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
chaii....my Durex condom serves me better......Raw is good but you are playing with your life especially if the girl is careless and cheap

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by LadySarah: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
The most important is how to control this population explosion we are experiencing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by egwekwe: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
The figure quoted here is even under rated .

Majority of Nigerians that have HIV, don't even know they have.

I personally know of 3 people who tested positive to HIV recently..

31 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by utenwuson: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
Na we the top for all the bad thing for this world

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2018
LORD HAVE MERCY!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by claseek(f): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2018
hisgrace090:
I argue not anymore.

Last time that did my HIV screening test the lady that conducted the test warns me to be very carefule out there because HIV carriers are everywhere.

She says that her eyes have seen something since she started the blood screening work.
na wa oh. May God help us to avoid this disease

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by princechurchill(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2018
Fear North when it comes to this one

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by Mhizluchi(f): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2018
Nawa oh... know your status people!!!... it's free

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by Neminc: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2018
All the AIDS they are sharing everywhere, there is God o!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by pascal558(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2018
this one weak me!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by hacmond(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2018
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by bigkahuna704(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2018
This Will Still Not Stop Philandering

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by zombieTRACKER: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2018
Nigeria the poverty capital of the world

Dilapidated health infrastructures

No wonder the president is a health tourist

Sai barber legacies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by Suspect33(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2018
when immorality is the order of the day, people no longer fear God, if you had died last night, where would you be now, heaven or hell? jesus loves you, repent

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by NaijaMutant(f): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2018
Another world record for Buhari grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by IMASTEX: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2018
utenwuson:
Na we the top for all the bad thing for this world
Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by millomaniac: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2018
Everywhere you look sex sex sex. What do we expect.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by enemyofprogress: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2018
Most of their parents are on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by wwwtortoise(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2018
Health care and sensitisation is zero in this regard.

A typical Nigerian only strive for two things; money and sex.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Highest Producer Of HIV Infected Children - FG by lawalosky(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2018
what then shall we do to easing our sexual urge
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Alternative To Handshake? / Compulsory Wearing Of Face-Masks In Ondo: Akeredolu Engages Tailors / You Can't Deny A Child Healthcare Because Of Your Religious Beliefs - Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.