Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? (8264 Views)

My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business / Supplications To Attain Provision And Wealth, And Pay Off Debts / Ruling On Wealth Acquired From Lotteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by Lukgaf(m): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
Question:

Before Allah guided me, I used to ask my father for money for private lessons. The cost would be, for example, 500, but I would ask for more, namely 600, and I would take the extra 100 to buy cards for my mobile phone and other things. Now, praise be to Allah, I have repented and stopped doing this. My question is: do I have to tell my father what I did and ask him to forgive me? Do I have to return this money to him when I get a job and start earning, or not?
Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by Lukgaf(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
Praise be to Allah.

What you did of taking money from your father without his consent is not permissible, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to take the wealth of a Muslim except with his consent.” Narrated by Abu Ya‘la and others; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami‘ (7662).

The son has no right to take anything from his father’s wealth beyond what the father is reasonably required to spend on his maintenance, if the father is obliged to spend on his son’s maintenance because the son is poor.

The scholar Ibn Muflih said in al-Furoo‘ (5/595): He – that is, the father – is obliged to spend on his son in reasonable terms for what he needs of maintenance, or some of it, and to provide clothing and shelter, if his children are poor. End quote.

Now you have two choices:

Telling your father what you did, and he will either forgive you or ask you to pay back the money, and he has the right to do that.
Not telling him, especially if you fear that this will cause trouble, such as a dispute or conflict between you and your father, or his loss of trust in you. In that case, you must return the money to him, but it is not essential for you to inform him of that; rather the aim is to return the money to him by any means.

The scholars of the Permanent Committee for Iftaa’ were asked about the son taking from his father’s wealth more than the maintenance that the father allowed him to take as needed.

They replied: You must return what you saved of money that you took from your father for maintenance, because he allowed you to take according to household needs, but anything surplus that is not included in the permission he gave, so it is not permissible for you.

End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa’imah li’l-Iftaa’ (21/175)

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/99548/it-is-not-permissible-to-take-ones-fathers-wealth-without-his-consent

1 Like

Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by Lukgaf(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2018
Toorh, I hope you will stop that as from today too?
Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by koolaid87: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2018
What kind of shitty question is this

Can you let someone else take your wealth without your consent??

Your answer solves your question

Case closed

Next!

13 Likes

Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by OgahBohz: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2018
Please someone should help me define STEALING again .

6 Likes

Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by Chiscomax(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2018
grin grin

Erm...

I have forgotten what i wanted to type.

1 Like

Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by Moreoffaith(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
In one way or the other, i am so sure he has done this to his dad too, so he is guilty of this as well.
Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by vroy(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
ina lah gafuru rohim
Re: Can I Take My Father's Wealth Without His Consent? by sulasa07(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2018
OgahBohz:
Please someone should help me define STEALING again .
Gbayi!Stealing is stealing even though he's my father,still did it a week ago.

(1) (Reply)

Is Christmas Food Haram (illegal) For Muslims? / Muslims: Can You Clear These? / My Wife & Child OR My Father & His Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.