Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days (10410 Views)

Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! / Nigerian Nicknames For Different Countries And Others! / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by rabzy: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2010
Anyone who attended public schools in Nigeria would know, we are very notorious in giving people wicked/funny nicknames, while it caused so much grief for the victims, but it was so much fun and anyone could be a victim, your actual name could give an inspiration for a nickname or your body part.

They use to call me iru-obo, 'monkey-tail', which was an adaptation of my actual name, i learnt to live with it and when i remember now, it makes me laugh a lot. i had a classmate we call Enugu, he has a protruding mouth/jaw

A younger cousin told me that they had a classmate that they call 'Etisalat', because he has very big ears, that made me laugh so much,

So please lets have some more and some fun.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Blueice4re(f): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2010
Very funny, you remind of a boy we do call Head of State bcause the boys head was so, so BIG.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by rabzy: 11:15am On Jul 22, 2010
Hi Blueice4re,

We had a boy too whose head was quite massive, we call him 'ori goes to school'. Ori is head in the yoruba language and there was a school literature book with the title 'Eze goes to school'. so we just change it to 'ori goes to school'. It was very wicked turning a whole person into a single part.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by IFELEKE(m): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2010
I had a friend who goes by the name Kayode Olosunde he chose k-olos as his nickname and it was subsequently modified to k-oloshi
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by oweniwe(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2010
I'm not tribalistic but i think dis funny nickname thing is more common among the Yoruba's
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by googles: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2010
there was a guy in my school den kiladejo and they shortened it to killer

till today dey call him killer
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by WAVixen: 3:31am On Jul 27, 2010
findu-pindu, asampte nose, mighty man jaja.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by omobadan(m): 1:44am On Aug 03, 2010
My nickname was 'Jugunu' cause I tell a lot of Indian movies at school. I think I remember my mates calling someone "Eeyin" (teeth) cause he had a potruding front teeth.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by jamace(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2010
Do you know that Peter Rufai (Ex-super eagle's goalie) is a.k.a DODO MAYANAgrin grin The name sticks till today. grin
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by bintab(f): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2010
omobadan:

My nickname was 'Jugunu' cause I tell a lot of Indian movies at school. I think I remember my mates calling someone "Eeyin" (teeth) cause he had a potruding front teeth.
Jugunu,do i know you grin grin grin
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Emmyk(m): 7:41am On Dec 10, 2011
Yeah, they named me IRON MONKEY when I shaved all my conspicuous eybrows to school (I promised never to shave it from that day).
Luxurious - The guy has extralarge head.
Dare Eba- He eats eba even in school.
First Eleven - This guy made mouth that he was in his formal school's first eleven, he cant even play ball!
Eku keku.
Information We believe - this guy lies alot, u both can witness something,then wen u see other guy to share the gist, he adds his own lies, marging what never happened with the real tale, u be be like, Wtf?
Kokoro Ewa - An albino guy.
Abiamo - he said thats the festival done is his home town, is it a crime to name him that as well? Haha!.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by eengineer: 12:41am On Dec 11, 2011
Meeennnn LWKMD for here,cos I just flashed back now and I can't help but keep laughing as I remember those days,let me start with my friend,his name is segun and the mum sells bread and he always assist his mum in the biz,so we all call him sege-bread,today he's a very big-boy doing very fine as the C.E.O of a company and some of us still call him that,then my friends also call me big-yansh,me I don't know why o,then there's this my friend we also call oju-epa (ground nut eye) cos the guy eyes small ehn,but today forget o,gbogbo bigs boy,the guy don chop money,then some teachers sef were given some funny names like mr-touch,pankere,akobi-were,ade-burger,elewure,elewedu,titration,sausage mistress etc
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by jmaine: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2011
People with bulky eyes were called Eye[/b]Saac (Isaac) . . . [b]Eye[/b]nosphere (Ionosphere)  . . [b].Oju[/b]elegba  cheesy

Big headed guys . . . Samanja . . .Head of state . . .Onike . . . . Head boy . . . .

Slim guys were referred to as [b]Cigar
. . . . .

Scabobo . . .for scabies infested people . . . .
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Ndipe(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2011
One guy with a scrawny frame was nicknamed "Okpo Ifot," which means "bone of a witch."
Students were wicked.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by jmaine: 1:25am On Dec 12, 2011
^

Okpo Ifot = witch skeleton or bone of a witch . . . Ukoc ifot should be = the leg of a witch . . .
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Ndipe(m): 1:41am On Dec 12, 2011
thanks for the correction, jmaine.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by jmaine: 1:47am On Dec 12, 2011
Ndipe:

thanks for the correction, jmaine.

We together  wink
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:54am On Dec 12, 2011
Hehehe grin grin All very funny.

I guess boys in my school weren't very inventive. I remember there was this boy that must have been the missing link between Ape and Humans as he was built like an ape down to a T. Anyway, my school mates didn't bother being imaginative, but cut to the chase and called him 'Adaka'. Of course you said it either behind his back or made sure you were a safe distance from him when running your mouth as dude didn't only look like an Ape, but was as strong as one too shocked shocked.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by jmaine: 3:28am On Dec 12, 2011
2 left leg for K legged people . . . more pronounced like two lef leg . .

Super force . . . A teacher who always like showing guts but was a flyweight and always a laughing stock among the students . .we even seize him bike self one time, tax am join  . .Boys where rugged  wink . . . .

Tupac  . . . Our seriously lanky English teacher with a funny shape as that of the man popularly called Cerachus in the new masquarade series of the 80s . . . If him catch you dey call am Tupac . .your own don finish . . .

Terminator  . . .our fine art teacher . .If the man flog you . . . all your nerves for nyash will be inactive/ dormant for days . . Too much shock blow  shocked  . . . Chei !!! . . we suffer no be small . . .

Big headed people . . .Heady Murfy ( Eddy Murphy)

Chucky  . . . .  Don't know why they gave her that name . .She was quite short but very pretty . . .over effizzy and too much snubbing of men advances make bois nack am that name . .she left school cos no amount of punishment from the school authority made us change it . . .She abandoned ship sadly  embarassed  . . .

Ogo[/b]nus . . . [b]People with Bizarre protruding head like Banky W owns  cheesy ( The bobo dey always hide him ogo for inside him kango/face cap) . .we Yorubas dey get ogo wella  wink . . . Often used as middle name atimes . .imagine someone calling. . . Tunde "Ogo" Shogunle . .Or simply Tunde Ogo

Horse power for the greatly endowed guyz with heavy Gbolar (Pennnisss )

Deity + (yourname) . .E.G . .Deity Ifeanyinwa or Deity Badmus [/b]for those people wey [b]wowo/wogly/ugly die . .reserved for the ultra ugly students . . .

Chukwuma/Chuks. . .Dude wasn't igbo at all . . .but was an Efik guy with swag . . .Over Chooking of babes make we give am Chukwuma . . .but when his chooking went astronomical . . .calling Chukwuma was a long process . . .we just shortened it to Chuks. . . .

So when next you hear us call someone Chuks . .he might not be an Igbo chap but a description of his prowess in nailing punnies with reckless abandon . . .

Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by babsjnr(m): 7:01am On Dec 12, 2011
Eruku,topdog,red eye,baso.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Emmyk(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2011
Oh this is for the teachers: Dende, Okoro, Ikoko, Low Lame (this low lame teacher always calls 'L' for 'N' and 'N' for 'L'. So he came to class one day, someone didnt remember to write his name in Exam, instead of NO NAME, he said LOW LAME)
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by babsjnr(m): 10:55am On Dec 12, 2011
Oriegbo,
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by rabzy: 7:02am On Dec 13, 2011
Crazyly funny stuff from the good old days.

When we got to part 1 in the UNI, we were allocated rooms in the freshers hall - angola hall - but one of our colleagues was going round to steal fans from the rooms and sell it to others that don't have. By the time we caught him, there was ferefe shishi (mild beating) and we promptly gave him the name - Toofan -.

Later he became the president of the Student Union and one of the best students from his class.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by schorlbone(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2011
Do anybody knows a guy called 'ominukun' meaning (water in the tommy' ?
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Knight1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
used to call a guy POSI (COFFIN) cos of the size and shape of his head.
also used to call a girl MUCI (presumed plural for mucus) cos she always had cold
God forgive us!
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by suogal(f): 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2011
mine was erosion given to me during an agric class by my classmates nd pope cap by my maths teacher
because i really had a major case of bald hair 4 a gal embarassed
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by suogal(f): 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2011
also,their was a guy who surname was 'pupu' nd pupu means shit(to defecate),so we calld hm shitishit,nicknames r all part of the fun of secondary skuls,although not much fun 4 the bearer
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by okooyinbo(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2011
In the Eighties: Old Soja - Nitori I was one of the oldest in Class
In the seventies: Afiomiopolowe - nitori no matter the cane the "Tisha" caned me, I never cried. Infact, our class "tisha" was so tired, that she asked the class captain to continue the beating. So all the pupils assumed thereafter that I bath with frog invested water.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by chuksikem(m): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2011
funny names you got there,

Back then in school, one guy was called ojimako, cos dude was very dark in complexion, another was called isi-igba cos his head was shaped like moi-moi wrapped in waterproof bag, another dude was so ugly we named him fine boy.lol grin grin

One teacher bragged that he will flogg us till his cane tore our skin so we gave him the nickname tear grin

In uni we gave the oldest guy in our class the name elder, really funny.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by kokoA(m): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
DARKNESS Men! that boy was black. P$$$$$YY That guy will follow anything in skirt. TALLEST He actually was the shortest dude of the set
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by iice(f): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2012
Kai. Don't remember much but we called our principal Napoleon after the pig in Animal Farm. Always looking like she stuffed herself with puff puff.
Re: Funny/wicked Nicknames From Secondary School Days by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
There was this good footballer we named JAY JAY WIRELESS because he wore his sneakers without the lace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hoodlums Set Ogun Monarch's Palace On Fire. / Another Lost Tribe Found In Nigeria / We Should All Be Feminist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.