Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (277980 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Akposy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
aquadude15:
which type of insecticide Sir
Just Furadan will do. You can also use Velum Prime
Ahnie. You can get onion seeds from an agro shop around your area
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mutfad: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2020
Hello expert in the house
Thanks for this life changing thread.
I want to start cucumber farming next week, can anyone give me what to to from start to finish?
I have two plots ready with a good water source

I will appreciate your guidance

I need the daily routine

Best regards
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2020
I really don't like to spoil people's market, but I just witnessed the height of wickedness from some of them;
If you are a neolife and or gnld super grow marketer, I wonder the difference btw you and the Nigerian politicians...imagine a supergrow marketer telling a newbie into farming not to waste money on manure, fertilizer, and agrochemicals as supergrow will do the work! The said individual followed instructions and bought 2L @8k, the farm is gone and he did not harvest upto 3 bags from more than 2500 stands of cucumber. God will specially punish some people o. I really pity gullible Nigerians, now it's dry season, they will come again and tell you all manner of stories quoting research bodies and papers that don't exist, some will personally attack me, the only thing I will ask from any supergrow marketer is this, snap that container and highlight the NPK values of the supergrow for me to see...
Supergrow is only an adjuvant and a surfactant with very little fertilizer attributes, and when 1l is sold 4 4k, why not transfer that money into buying maybe 5-12 extra bags of manure depending on the cost of manure in your location, and enrich your soils for a better harvest( a very fertile soil can give you more than 12harvests o).
If you want foliar fertilizer, go straight ahead and buy foliar fertilizer like di grow, agrizyme, multi-k, and many other well known brands. If it's soil fertilizer, you can buy organic manure or inorganic fertilizer like the NPK, DAP, MKP, urea, and many more available types.
If you want a surfactant and an adjuvant, then you can buy supergrow. It's good, but can't replace soil fertilizer and manure.
N/B: I don't use that sh#t

6 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mutfad: 10:48am On Nov 26, 2020
Is there any cucumber farmer in Abeokuta here or anyone knows a cucumber farmer in Abeokuta?
I will like to visit him or her

I want to start cucumber for this dry season

Best regards
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
ideepaul:
I really don't like to spoil people's market, but I just witnessed the height of wickedness from some of them;
If you are a neolife and or gnld super grow marketer, I wonder the difference btw you and the Nigerian politicians...imagine a supergrow marketer telling a newbie into farming not to waste money on manure, fertilizer, and agrochemicals as supergrow will do the work! The said individual followed instructions and bought 2L @8k, the farm is gone and he did not harvest upto 3 bags from more than 2500 stands of cucumber. God will specially punish some people o. I really pity gullible Nigerians, now it's dry season, they will come again and tell you all manner of stories quoting research bodies and papers that don't exist, some will personally attack me, the only thing I will ask from any supergrow marketer is this, snap that container and highlight the NPK values of the supergrow for me to see...
Supergrow is only an adjuvant and a surfactant with very little fertilizer attributes, and when 1l is sold 4 4k, why not transfer that money into buying maybe 5-12 extra bags of manure depending on the cost of manure in your location, and enrich your soils for a better harvest( a very fertile soil can give you more than 12harvests o).
If you want foliar fertilizer, go straight ahead and buy foliar fertilizer like di grow, agrizyme, multi-k, and many other well known brands. If it's soil fertilizer, you can buy organic manure or inorganic fertilizer like the NPK, DAP, MKP, urea, and many more available types.
If you want a surfactant and an adjuvant, then you can buy supergrow. It's good, but can't replace soil fertilizer and manure.

These guys are very wicked.

Liars
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2020
ideepaul:
I really don't get those guys and I fail to understand why some pple don't do their proper research, very soon those idiots will say a bottle of super gro cures hiv.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
fiddzy:
I really don't get those guys and I fail to understand why some pple don't do their proper research, very soon those idiots will say a bottle of super gro cures hiv.
HIV? shocked shocked grin grin
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
stagger:

Those satchet water bags are made up a variety of plastics. How can you be sure those plastics will not end up in the soil and thereafter contaminate the tomatoes over time? The idea is resourceful, but no one wants to be blamed years later if incidences of certain illnesses are traced to the use of certain media to grow plants.
yes I know that plastics take 1 million years to breakdown in the soil but obviously we are not planting the crops with the plastic bag,we remove the plastic bags with razor blade and gently place the tomato root ball into a preprepared hole

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
ideepaul:
I have on several occasions told the super gro guy to be careful about what he is advertising,a lady farmer in my area nearly committed sucide when thousands of matured fish's in her fish pond died due to super gro application,I have even shown a close up picture of a used super gro container we used previously before,manure is a better investment and it is left for experienced farmers to decide if that ethaleted alkyl phenol is something they want in there fish pond or animal feed,if they still insist that super gro is a fertilizer let them show us we're it is written

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
ideepaul:

I need your contact sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 4:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
calixjabs:

I need your contact sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
transplanting completed at last on the tomatoes site,the next step is mulching with dry grass to reduce the direct Ray's of the sun and everyone will agree that the sun is serious this days and mulching will not be a bad idea,we already have dry Grass that was cut from the site during land clearing,we didn't burn the grasses but reserved it for serious mulching because the sun is no longer smiling this days.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by klbakare(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
dear mr okoroemeka, i am very much encouraged when i stumbled upon this your thread and read to a
meaningful extent. i wished i had seen this thread a long time ago. i believed i would have started something
and gained meaningful experience. however, i know it is not too late. kindly let me indulge you in some few
questions so that i can hit the ground running.
1. what type/brand of cucumber(hybrid/otherwise) would you recommend for me(as a beginner) here in the
southwest, Ogbomoso, Oyo state precisely.
2. i do not have money for drip, can i proceed with a rain gun as well?
3.i did a experimental watermelon farming just recently and i didn't do well, i want to try again this dry season
would you advise that i proceed with a rain gun because i could remember somewhere in the beginning of your
thread where you said rain gun ruined your watermelon trial.
5. i also want to do small tomato practice, which hybrid will you recommend. same location.

I patiently await your response, till further questions arise. stay good.
please if you are also a vegetable farmer here in the south west, Ibadan/Ilorin/Oyo/Ogbomoso and you would like me to gain from your wealth
of experience, kindly signal me so that i can reach out to you. thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
klbakare:
dear mr okoroemeka, i am very much encouraged when i stumbled upon this your thread and read to a
meaningful extent. i wished i had seen this thread a long time ago. i believed i would have started something
and gained meaningful experience. however, i know it is not too late. kindly let me indulge you in some few
questions so that i can hit the ground running.
1. what type/brand of cucumber(hybrid/otherwise) would you recommend for me(as a beginner) here in the
southwest, Ogbomoso, Oyo state precisely.
2. i do not have money for drip, can i proceed with a rain gun as well?
3.i did a experimental watermelon farming just recently and i didn't do well, i want to try again this dry season
would you advise that i proceed with a rain gun because i could remember somewhere in the beginning of your
thread where you said rain gun ruined your watermelon trial.
5. i also want to do small tomato practice, which hybrid will you recommend. same location.

I patiently await your response, till further questions arise. stay good.
please if you are also a vegetable farmer here in the south west, Ibadan/Ilorin/Oyo/Ogbomoso and you would like me to gain from your wealth
of experience, kindly signal me so that i can reach out to you. thanks.
(1) greengo cucumbers are highly recommended for the southwest market,(2)rain gun will work if properly calibrated to spray fine like rain,but on the minus side you will battle weeds like in rainy season.(3)I will not advice using rain gun for melon,it will be a recepie for disaster,you can use ridge trench irrigation if drip is not available.(4)well I am learning on the tomato course but some varieties are highly recommended like platinum,Padma,cobra,rodeo,emerald,etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmandTractors: 9:40am On Nov 30, 2020
FarmandTractors:
At Farm&Tractors, we offer the best service in agricultural land preparations for your farm projects. Our services cut across land deforestation-bulldozing, plowing, harrowing etc. All tree growth, stumps, large stones and other obstacles to the normal operation of farm equipment shall be completely removed. Land clearing method shall limit the loss of topsoil removed from the area being cleared. Debris piles shall also be free from mud and topsoil.

The land shall be sufficiently level to permit the normal operation of farm equipment and the area must be ready for seed bed preparation. We deliver good service nationwide. We get the job done irrespective of the land location.
Contact us for your quality land clearing-09056508129, (08062288737 -available on whatsApp).
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
K
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Its you elders that say "You don't test the depth of a river with both legs". I plan to I crease the number if this is successful and sales go well.

Can I have a budget estimate for the 150 bags?taking into consideration that I'll buy everything, probably except poultry manure
like how many bags of cucumber were u able to get from this
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jidestroud(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2020
Drip Irrigation kits for 1acre needed.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
jidestroud:
Drip Irrigation kits for 1acre needed.
I sent you mail brother
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jidestroud(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2020
tpben:

I sent you mail brother
Kept replying you on each occasion.
Why not buzz me up on telegram, /RockkLee
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2020
we have mulched 70% of the tomato farm and discovered one instant startling result,the mulch extended our irrigation interval,reduced fuel bill by 60%,the organic mulch was so effective that 3 days after irrigation the soil is still damp,I knew that mulch is beneficial but I didn't forsee it will work so well like this,there will definitely be more advantages of mulch but only time will tell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by safarifarms(m): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
okoroemeka :

Please what cucumber disease is this and how do I treat it?

They are already fruiting and 1st harvest should be on Tuesday

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:39am On Dec 06, 2020
safarifarms:

Please what cucumber disease is this and how do I treat it?

They are already fruiting and 1st harvest should be on Tuesday
from plantix crop diagnosis the two most similar disease is CMV and mottle virus,there is no need wasting money on a cure,just apply fertilizer and happily harvest your crops,those two viral disease are the reason many farms harvest cucumbers 5-6 times and it will wither and die,just fertilze and irrigate properly,

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:01am On Dec 06, 2020
okoroemeka:
(1) greengo cucumbers are highly recommended for the southwest market,(2)rain gun will work if properly calibrated to spray fine like rain,but on the minus side you will battle weeds like in rainy season.(3)I will not advice using rain gun for melon,it will be a recepie for disaster,you can use ridge trench irrigation if drip is not available.(4)well I am learning on the tomato course but some varieties are highly recommended like platinum,Padma,cobra,rodeo,emerald,etc
good morning sir.
I planted green go for the first time and I noticed they have lots of branches.
is it necessary that I prune it or I leave them like that because some of the branch produces healthy cucumber
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 6:10am On Dec 06, 2020
okoroemeka:
we have mulched 70% of the tomato farm and discovered one instant startling result,the mulch extended our irrigation interval,reduced fuel bill by 60%,the organic mulch was so effective that 3 days after irrigation the soil is still damp,I knew that mulch is beneficial but I didn't forsee it will work so well like this,there will definitely be more advantages of mulch but only time will tell.
you have being my source of inspiration as I started planting cucumber after reading your post.
I want to do a pilot tomato farm of 400 stands sir.
pls I want to ask some few questions
1. can u do the nursery under a shed that have no access to sunlight.
2. do I need to perforate those nylon underneath so excess water can flow out.
3. do I need to spray fungicide and insecticide when nursing them .
4. how best can I handle the wetting in the nursery.
5. it is platinum I am going for. do I need to apply lime to the planting hole.
6. after apply furadan In the nylon, do I still need to apply furadan to the hole when transplanting.
sorry for my numerous questions Sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by safarifarms(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2020
okoroemeka:
from plantix crop diagnosis the two most similar disease is CMV and mottle virus,there is no need wasting money on a cure,just apply fertilizer and happily harvest your crops,those two viral disease are the reason many farms harvest cucumbers 5-6 times and it will wither and die,just fertilze and irrigate properly,
Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2020
aquadude15:

good morning sir.
I planted green go for the first time and I noticed they have lots of branches.
is it necessary that I prune it or I leave them like that because some of the branch produces healthy cucumber
leave that Branch's like that,it is from the branches you will harvest your first produce,moreover don't start what you can't finish
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2020
aquadude15:

you have being my source of inspiration as I started planting cucumber after reading your post.
I want to do a pilot tomato farm of 400 stands sir.
pls I want to ask some few questions
1. can u do the nursery under a shed that have no access to sunlight.
2. do I need to perforate those nylon underneath so excess water can flow out.
3. do I need to spray fungicide and insecticide when nursing them .
4. how best can I handle the wetting in the nursery.
5. it is platinum I am going for. do I need to apply lime to the planting hole.
6. after apply furadan In the nylon, do I still need to apply furadan to the hole when transplanting.
sorry for my numerous questions Sir
(1)no,you can't do nursery under a shade the crops need at least 8 hrs of sunshine to thrive,we built a bamboo scaffold and cover with palm fronds if the sun is much,(2)yes you need to perforate,not only to drain excess water but also,believe it or not,to allow water to penetrate the bag,I guess it is something to do with pressure.(3)yes, especially against damping off,but know the quantities to use or less they will kaput.(4)water only when top soil is dry.if nursery is small you can use knapsack to water.((5)you can lime,it is cheap(6)I don't think so,but use worm force,local furadan can be adulterated.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mutfad: 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
Idemujoseph:
Good house! It has been a long time. My last cucumber farm was not really profitable as before because the price in the market crash in October.
Please brethren, update the current price of cucumber in your area. Thanks!

Pls I need an answer to this for those in Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DeKen: 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
okoroemeka:
I am having problems uploading the pics ,we will plant tomorrow and hopefully we will have some pics,we are on a budget of 40.000 naira to manage 1500 crops for 45 days.we have spent so far #8000 seed,#1000 manure nearby poultry farm,#3500 bag of rope for staking,2 Haifa npk#3800,2 saaf fungicide#2000,10 satchets ridomilgold#3800 and 3 imiforce #3000.this is the material to see the project through. note we will not use inorganic fertilizer because anytime we use it losses of 5-10 percent occurs ,a nearby poultry farm flushes it wastes away so we go organic with weekly sprays of Haifa bonus foilar fertilizer for micro nutrients the remains balance will be reserved for fuel for pumping water,but so far eedc is giving us light.can we work with this budget even to me it looks impossible but my late father use to tell me nothing venture nothing hard!
Please can you shed more light on the bolded.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DeKen: 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
okoroemeka:
I know this is a cucumber thread but I will like to post this and see if I can get more advice and insight on how to proceed,the supply of cabbage around our area is so erratic that our cucumber buyers have to pay in advance and wait for 3-4 days before the produce comes from Cameroon,a good size head retail for #400-#600 naira now, so we are thinking how hard can it get?the major problem in cabbage production is weather, if temperature is too hot it will not form head,we have 6 plots of land that has been idle because it is shaded so much that a temperature difference of 5-10c than other land around that is not shaded creating a perfect micro climate for cabbage,also coupled with intense mulching and daily irrigation we are confident of heads forming,and if the heat raises above 30c,we plan to use bamboo and palm frond to create more shade,we have planted the most heat tolerant variety for Africa (Gloria f 1),we have measured the planting spacing and got 1700 crop for one plot,and we will be planting one plot monthly, planted 10 grams roughly 2500 seeds,hopefully we will get 1500-1700 transplants,imagine to be harvesting 1500 heads at #400 per head every month,I will not fold my hands and say it will not work

Please how did this go? Did you succeed?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by mutfad: 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
How best can I use rain gun for maize and cucumber plants??

The land is prepared already! I planned 2 plots for cucumber while 4 plots for yellow Maize.

I need your advice please

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.