Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory (16622 Views)

What's Your Thought On Women Who Wear/put On Henna? Check These Out! (pics Ins) / Check Out My New Lalle/henna Design. What Do You Think? (pics Ins.) / Our Buttocks A New Fashion Accessory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by magazineguy(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2018
So many people around the world are hooked on this especially for going out every day, unlike how it was being used when preparing the brides for their wedding ceremony or any major ceremony in the north. It is also known as Mehndi, a form of body art from Ancient India, sub continental, Africa and the Middle east, in which decorative designs are done on the body using a paste created from the powdered dry leaves of the henna plant. It was originally for women’s palms alone, but later men started wearing it.

The design depicts awakening of inner light and a representation of the sun, which is traditionally better worn on either the hands or feet. Different African sectors who engage in this design have their own style of doing it. The colour of the henna is usually brown, but there are some rare colours like White and Gold, which people use.

The Indian cinema and entertainment industry which includes Nepal, Bangladesh and Maldives embraced this trend. Mehndi decorations became fashionable in the West in the late 1990’s, where they are called henna tattoos. In Nigeria it is very common among the Hausa people. Other tribes now wear it as a fashion accessory, in fact prefer it to the tattoo, bearing in mind that it isn’t permanent and can be changed. In recent times people get excited over it as added beauty accessory and sales of the service has gone up. These are the reasons why:

BEAUTIFICATION

Henna design is seen as one to beautify the skin and inscribe your favourite design on. It is very attractive and good to look at.

MAKES ONE LOOK TRENDY

It was seen as wedding design for Hausa brides, but now ladies do it to look trendy and beautiful, as it takes a look from a 0 to a 100 because it depicts a very fashionable person.

CULTURAL REPRESENTATION

Most Nigerians want their culture to be represented in that light. Ladies who do it have come to the realisation that it is uniquely made for the Africans and depicts rich culture.

FASHION FORWARD

People bring forward what they want to see trend. Henna is classy, tasteful and beautiful. Most ladies want to be a part of that.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/4-reasons-henna/

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by JoannaSedley(f): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
For northerners you mean?

11 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by zees(f): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
ok
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by BruncleZuma: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Mursz: 7:03pm On Nov 02, 2018
Not for us all....

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by losprince(m): 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
I love seeing that stuff on women, it makes them look so artistful and enticing

bm

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Kingv(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
Atleast I know the name now
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Namdeenero(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Sirheny007(m): 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
I do not see the appeal in this.
I was gonna get pretty comfy with one beautiful northern girl in school until i saw those designs on her hands.
Each time she moved her fingers i got the impression of a snake coming towards me.. embarassed
It is a NO for me. maybe it appeals to them in the North.
undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Afonja007: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
I hate this with passion I won't take food from a woman with it angryso dirty

11 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by TissuePaper: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
losprince:
I love seeing that stuff on women, it makes them look so artistful and enticing

bm
i love it too
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2018
Tatoo is evil crew soon to land...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by iamvictorbassey: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
#Teamforeheadgang

Put 2 fingers in the head if you have a big forehead.

I can't marry a woman with a big forehead like that lady's up there, because already I barb for #800. And it takes the barber 2hr45min. (Exaggerating tho).

Don't want to give birth to a child with a long head like Lagos hold up. Then barbers would charge him plus the inflation that time #16,800 per hair cut.

Away from that, I remember arguing with someone one time who said tatoos were bad , then I asked him if he thought same of Lele. And he was like "No". So I asked why he saw nothing wrong with "Lele" (Heena). And he gave flimsy excuses.

Africans, the mental block is in your mind. The whitemen chained our hands. We in turn chained our brains. Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
Afonja007:
what about handjob? From a hausa girl with henna?

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by nephemmy(m): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2018
ain't got no time to say I don't give a fuçk
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Yuceeluv(f): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
Are you sure you aren't the one with mental blockage?

...ask yourself, "how is tattoo done?" And ask yourself how is lele done?...your answer lies there...the difference is very clear.

iamvictorbassey:
#Teamforeheadgang

Put 2 fingers in the head if you have a big forehead.

I can't marry a woman with a big forehead like that lady's up there, because already I barb for #800. And it takes the barber 2hr45min. (Exaggerating tho).

Don't want to give birth to a child with a long head like Lagos hold up. Then barbers would charge him plus the inflation that time #16,800 per hair cut.

Away from that, I remember arguing with someone one time who said tatoos were bad , then I asked him if he thought same of Lele. And he was like "No". So I asked why he saw nothing wrong with "Lele" (Heena). And he gave flimsy excuses.

Africans, the mental block is in your mind. The whitemen chained our hands. We in turn chained our brains. Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by delpee(f): 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
Henna is very good for hair treatment too.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by olayinkajnr(m): 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2018
All what you listed still leads to number one reason.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by meobizy(f): 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
It’s just another fashion accessory. I love accessories!
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Jaynom(m): 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2018
Afonja007:
How is it dirty sir? Is it because it's on a black woman? Would you rather prefer an oyinbo?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by xcelentattitude(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
Sirheny007:
I do not see the appeal in this.
I was gonna get pretty comfy with one beautiful northern girl in school until i saw those designs on her hands.
Each time she moved her fingers i got the impression of a snake coming towards me.. embarassed
It is a NO for me. maybe it appeals to them in the North.
undecided

.fear fear
grin
Snake ko, ejo ni. grin

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by xcelentattitude(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
For me, its a NO!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Afonja007: 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
Jaynom:

How is it dirty sir? Is it because it's on a black woman? Would you rather prefer an oyinbo?
black people dont need anything black for body paint unless to use black dye for hair ,look at wande coal you won't even see his tatoo cus his black body hide the tatoo
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Flames000(m): 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
kvngthomas:
WANT TO BE THE BEST 3D ANIMATOR? THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATION IS THE ULTIMATE TRAINING GROUND WITHIN THREE WEEKS

Pour your creative ideas and your technical skills into a dynamic career in the fast evolving field of 3D animation where your chances to progress are only as limited as your imagination

The animation classes are intensive, hands on experiences that combine in class lectures with instructor-supervised workshops and course assignments. From the first day of classes, students can expect to start gaining hands-on experience with the animation software and skills they will require as the curriculum grows more challenging. In short, students can expect that their animation classes will be demanding, but productive, with students ultimately creating their own original 3D animations

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

FEES: N25,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N30,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING
and u failed the most important detail... I Worder how u can teach me...

Aburo..... where the location jare
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by mrinsurer: 12:39am On Nov 03, 2018
where can i find henna in lagos?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by toe555: 2:29am On Nov 03, 2018
SEE THE TESTIMONY OF THE COUPLE THAT GOT MARRIED ON THIS MATCHMAKING PLATFORM

They met on this platform of love
They connected on this platform of love
They fell in love on this platform of love
The Bobo proposed on this platform of love
They got engaged on this platform of love
NOW, they are married on this platform of love

It is the PLATFORM OF LOVE matchmaking website baby!!!!!!

Love, Relationships, marriages are been consummated on this incredible PLATFORM OF LOVE

You are 18+, not ready for marriage but need genuine true Love?
You are ready for Marriage and need a Soulmate?
You are a single parent and desire true love?
You are a widow or widower and sill believes in true love?

Are you in EDO, PH, LAGOS, OGUN, DELTA, ABUJA, KANO, KADUNA, UYO, CALABAR, GHANA, S/A, UK, USA, CANADA, IBADAN OR ANYWHERE!

Everyone, anyone and 'all-one' that desire true, genuine, lasting love wherever you are across Nigeria, across Africa and as an Africans across the globe, is welcome here!

Ooooop, did i mention that we just launched something? A brand new community experience you sure gonna looooove all the way

Get started NOW! Get Connected NOW!! Get Into The 'ATMOSPHERE OF PLATFORM OF LOVE'!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE TO SIGNUP, REGISTER AND BE A MEMBER....ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2018
magazineguy:
So many people around the world are hooked on this especially for going out every day, unlike how it was being used when preparing the brides for their wedding ceremony or any major ceremony in the north. It is also known as Mehndi, a form of body art from Ancient India, sub continental, Africa and the Middle east, in which decorative designs are done on the body using a paste created from the powdered dry leaves of the henna plant. It was originally for women’s palms alone, but later men started wearing it.

The design depicts awakening of inner light and a representation of the sun, which is traditionally better worn on either the hands or feet. Different African sectors who engage in this design have their own style of doing it. The colour of the henna is usually brown, but there are some rare colours like White and Gold, which people use.

The Indian cinema and entertainment industry which includes Nepal, Bangladesh and Maldives embraced this trend. Mehndi decorations became fashionable in the West in the late 1990’s, where they are called henna tattoos. In Nigeria it is very common among the Hausa people. Other tribes now wear it as a fashion accessory, in fact prefer it to the tattoo, bearing in mind that it isn’t permanent and can be changed. In recent times people get excited over it as added beauty accessory and sales of the service has gone up. These are the reasons why:

BEAUTIFICATION

Henna design is seen as one to beautify the skin and inscribe your favourite design on. It is very attractive and good to look at.

MAKES ONE LOOK TRENDY

It was seen as wedding design for Hausa brides, but now ladies do it to look trendy and beautiful, as it takes a look from a 0 to a 100 because it depicts a very fashionable person.

CULTURAL REPRESENTATION

Most Nigerians want their culture to be represented in that light. Ladies who do it have come to the realisation that it is uniquely made for the Africans and depicts rich culture.

FASHION FORWARD

People bring forward what they want to see trend. Henna is classy, tasteful and beautiful. Most ladies want to be a part of that.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/4-reasons-henna/

It's not mostly done by the northerners I have seen yoruba and igbo muslim ladies drawing those stuffs on their palms
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Paretomaster1(m): 7:10am On Nov 03, 2018
praisejoshua:

It's not mostly done by the northerners I have seen yoruba and igbo muslim ladies drawing those stuffs on their palms

Haba, fear God na, we all Kw it's mostly done by Northerners, but others are embracing it recently.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Henna Is One Of The Most Sought After Fashion Accessory by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
Paretomaster1:

Haba, fear God na, we all Kw it's mostly done by Northerners, but others are embracing it recently.

Well, come to lag or go to oyo and ogun state and see for yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tamar Awobotu: 24 Year Old Wins Top Model Worldwide 2012 / Face Of Nigeria Pageant Gives Out 3 Cars To New Queens (photos) / Chinybelle_hair Nairaland Sales Outlet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.