Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

How Often Do You Reject Bank Notes? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Often Do You Reject Bank Notes? (361 Views)

Idoma Elders & Youth Groups Reject Pastor Elaigwu As Och’idoma / Notes On Contact Between The Igala And The Ibo By J.S. Boston / Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Often Do You Reject Bank Notes? by jeremy042(m): 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hello everyone.
I travelled to Lagos from Benin, attending a conference/camp meeting organised by my church Gospel Pillar Ministry.
It was a four days program and it was indeed a powerful time out with my man of God.
I stayed in Ogudu around Ojota area. This is not actually my first time of coming to Lagos. But i notice one very interesting act by lagosians that i actually taught to be a good way of being patriotic and having some respect for the Nigeria bank note.
I used tricycle and sometimes taxi to move around during the time i spent in lagos, and i noticed that no matter how bad the bank note was, the drivers would never for anything ask questions or reject the bank note.
I went to get some stuff in CCD a big mall near Ramat GRA. After my shopping, the sales person that attended to me gave me my change and the change was way too bad that i rejected it. But she insisted I take it that I can still spend it. You need to see the state of this bank note, the bank note needed to be out of circulation eventually ended up not using of one of such bank notes because i just felt not nobody will accept it from me.
It got me wondering because from where i come from, its not possible to find that kind of note still being used for business or anything buying and selling.
So the question is, how often you reject bank notes don’t think is a good practice.
You as well share you experiences too, so we can know other states that have this good practice of respecting our bank notes.
#NigeriaWillBeGreatAgain.
Re: How Often Do You Reject Bank Notes? by Danpotter(m): 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
Its quite an important observation you've tendered here. I for one, detests the attitude of regular Nigerians towards the naira. In Enugu where i'm domiciled, once a bill suffers some dent or tear, that piece is deemed as lost; nobody wants to possess it anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Fixed Match / Ondo State Begins Traditional Rites For Departed Monarch. / Olowo’s Selection ’ll Be Fair, Transparent – Ojomoluda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.