Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. (1341 Views)

Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity – TV Host Jumai Shaba / Directives From Catholic Bishops Conference Of Nigeria Over The Spread Of Ebola / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Yefet(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2010
What happened when I converted from Catholic to Christian.

I was living in Boston Ma going to Berklee College of Music. I went to church every Sunday. God led me to begin studying the bible. I started with the Old Testament. Then I made my confirmation. I prayed every night,
I was living in a studio apartment. Then I moved into a woman’s complex because it was 1/3rd the price of the studio. There was a woman in the building down the hall from me. She told me she was very close to God. I saw something in her face, like it glowed and I wanted to be close to God like she was. I kept going to church but it felt like I was missing something, I felt a little empty inside and at heart.

One day (September 13, 2005) I went to the woman down the hall to talk to her. I asked her how she got so close to God. I sat down with her and she opened up the bible, to the New Testament. (I hadn’t made it there yet) She told me that was a good place to start, the book of John. I had never read the New Testament before. She explained to me that many things I was doing was against God’s word. She showed me passages in God’s word that forbid bowing to a statue, forbid praying to anyone else except God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), forbid praying the same prayer over and over again, forbid sinning, I looked at her with tears in my eyes and said, "Let me see in the bible where it says that." She showed me. My eyes opened wide and I said to her,"Noone has ever told me this before. My church NEVER mentioned these passages before. What do I have to do to become like you?"
The woman than told me I could become like her by reciting a prayer out loud to Jesus and turning over my life to him. She said I needed to give my life to him and obey his word and then I would be promised eternity in heaven. I immediately asked her to say the prayer and I would repeat as she was saying it, so I said the prayer, Here’s the same prayer that I said out loud: You can say this too to receive your new life!

I believe in God and is his son Jesus Christ. Jesus I believe you are Lord and you died on the cross to cleanse me of my sins, and I believe you rose again on the third day. In this moment I am asking you to forgive me of every sin that I have ever committed in my life. I am sorry. Jesus, I have made the decision to hand over my life to you. I give you all my life and will follow you the rest of my life. I invite you into my heart. Please come into my heart and put your holy spirit in me. Please wash away the sins of my past with your precious blood and make me new. I give you all my mind, heart and soul. Please make me new through your holy spirit. Please help me discover what your will is for my life. Please take my life and guide me for the rest of my life by your holy spirit. I surrender to you Lord Jesus. Thankyou for my salvation. Thankyou because I have just been saved and am now your child. Amen

So this is the prayer I said. The bible says we have to ‘confess with our mouth" so this prayer must be said out loud.
As I said the prayer I felt something jump into my body. After the prayer I told the woman, "Something just entered my body!" She smiled and said, "That’s the holy spirit! You will never be alone again!"
Here’s a passage in the bible that talks about this:

Ephesians ch 1 verse 13
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised holy spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession-to the praise of his glory."

So, the holy spirit entered me. I was a church goer before the prayer. I even made my confirmation. I was baptized as a child, so why was it that the holy spirit didn’t enter me until then I asked the woman and she told me, "You never invited him in and turned over your life before and you never heard the scriptures that I gave you. When you heard the word and believed and invited Jesus personally in your life and repented of your past Christ came into you."
So I went to my room and that night had a dream from God, It was a statue leaving me and I waived goodbye. This represented my conversion.
The next day I was sooo excited to have God dwelling in my heart that I called in work and told them I wasn’t able to come in that day. It was only for one day. I never miss work and decided to do it just this once. I really wanted to read the New Testament and find out the truth for myself.
Here’s what I found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Corinthians ch 3 verse 14
"But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because ONLY in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away."

WOW!!! So, I had a veil over my eyes until I turned to the Lord through the salvation prayer!! And now the veil is removed! COOL!!
So, then I wanted to know about the holy spirit that entered me whom the lady said I needed. Without the holy spirit I had no salvation, Thank you Jesus for putting your spirit in me. I found a lot about the holy spirit in scripture. Here’s some of what I found.

Cor 6:19
"Do you know that your body is a temple of the holy spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own: you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

Titus ch 3 verse 4
" But when the kindness and love of God our savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the holy spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, "

Luke ch 11 verse 13
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the holy spirit to those who ask him!"

Luke ch 12 verse 11
"When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourself or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."

John ch 14 verse 26
"The counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said."

There are soo many more passages about the holy spirit. Here are a few more:
1 Th 1:6, 1 Th 4:8, Mt 13:11, 2 Cor 13:14, Eph 4:30, 1 Cor 6:9 , Lu 12 :10, John 20:22, Act 1:8, Act 4:31, Act 2:33, Act 2:3, Act 5:32, Act 7:55, Act 4:25, Act 15:8, Heb 2:4 Jude 1:20, 1 Peter 1:12, Heb 6:4, Lu 1:67, Lu 2:25, Mt 3:11, Mt12:32, Mt 3:29, Mt 12 :36 and many more, Okay, so know I learned a lot about the holy spirit, that entered me, So I never had the holy spirit before, Wasn’t I a good person and doing good deeds all the time, I found this in the bible:

Ephesians ch 2 verse 8
"For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that noone can boast.

We must go through Christ to get to Father God, There is NO other way. There are no other Gods, people or saints that can be prayed through to get to the Father.

John ch 14 verse 6
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’
Now everyone in my old church had prayed to Mary. This is what I found out in the bible:

Luke ch 11 verse 27
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the words of God an obey it."

1 Timothy ch 2 verse 5
" For there is one God and ONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, "

There are some churches that don’t follow the bible and make up there own rules, some believe Mary appeared at Fatima, some believe that God’s word has changed. Look what I’ve found in the bible about that:

Matthew ch 24 verse 33 and Mark ch 13 verse 31
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." by Jesus

Revelation ch 22 verse 18
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book." by Jesus

About the rosary, The bible says in:

Matthew 6 :7
"When you pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathens do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

Some churches even use prayers as punishment for sinning. The priest will say, "Pray this so many times and you will be okay."

It’s the same thing as, Dear Jesus, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, etc, Annoying. Jesus is very busy, he doesn’t have time for annoyance. You only need to tell him once and he’ll get it. So the rosary is not biblical.

So, I took the rosary off the side of my bed and threw it away!

I kept digging in the bible and came across something that brought tears to my eyes. The bible is sooooo against idolatry and statues are an abomination to God. Here’s what I found:

Isaiah ch 44 verse 9, 10, 15, 17, 18, 20
"All who make idols are nothing. Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit him nothing? He also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it. From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it an worships. He prays to it and says, "Save me; you are my god." "They know nothing, they understand nothing, their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand. Shall I bow doen to a block of wood?"

Leviticus ch 19 verse 4, ch 26 verse 1
Do not turn to idols or make gods out of cast metal for yourselves. I am the Lord your God."
"Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow before it."

Numbers ch 33 verse 52
"Cast out all their carved images and their cast idols."

Deut: ch 29 verse 17
"You saw among them their detestable images and idols of wood and stone, of silver and gold."

AND IT"S ONE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exodus ch 20 verse 4
"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them."

Revelation ch 9 verse 20
"The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood- idols that cannot see or hear or walk.’

2 John ch 5 verse 21
" Dear children, keep yourselves from idols."

And many many more passages!

I began crying. I bowed down to statues at church and had a statue of Jesus
on my wall, and in the chapel of my building. I used to bow down to the statue of Jesus and Mary in the chapel and even rubbed their feet once. I thought it would bless me.

I was sooo sad and I felt guilty for doing this when God said NO so many times in the bible. I took the statue off of my wall and threw it away!! I will NEVER bow to a statue again for the rest of eternity.
So I went to sleep and went to work the next day.

On Sunday I was sooo excited to go to a new church-one that follows the bible.
I found a Baptist Pentecostal church within walking distance from my apartment.
I went to this new church Sunday morning. There were about 500 people there. I was happy to see there were no statues there. During the service the pastor began to pray about joy of the holy spirit. I prayed in my mind, "Lord Jesus, please anoint me with joy today. I want joy!"

Then the pastor called me down and said, "Corinne, God just told me you were asking for joy!" He put his hands near my stomach and said, "I anoint you with joy!" I began laughing hysterically!! It was soo awesome. I felt Gods power and God heard my prayer. Later in the service, the Pastor called down people who wanted prayer and an intercessor prayed and said "You are getting the mind of Christ and God is with me." I was soo happy. God is already showing me his power. And some people were speaking in tongues just like the bible said. This never happened in my old church. Everything the bible talked about was happening in my new church, because they were serious with the scripture. This church was filled with the holy spirit!!

I went home and researched about the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, prophesy, and the joy of the spirit. This is what I found:

1 Cor ch 14 verse 23
"Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers, but for unbelievers, prophesy however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

1Cor ch 12 verse 28
"And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different tongues."

1 Cor ch 12 verse 1
"Now about your spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols, Now to each one the manifestation of the spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same spirit, to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifs of healing by that one spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophesy, to another speaking in different types of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues."

1 Co ch 14 ch 18
"I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you."

Acts ch 2 verse 11
"All of them were filled with the holy spirit and began to speak in other tongues."

And many more passages,

Wow this kind of stuff I never even knew until I read the bible and went to a bible believing church. Many churches have made up their own rules. There is even a church that believes that an angel appeared to a boy and he wrote another bible. Here is what I found in the bible about that!!!!!!!!!!!

Galations ch 1 verse
NO other gospel
"Even if an angel of heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached you, let him be eternally condemned!."

I wentto a Christian retreat and a pastor prayed over me and I spoke in tongues. It was awesome. I handed out bibles at my job. This one Muslim girl received Jesus and than said she saw a light come in the window and felt "something" enter her. I know it was the holy spirit.

One time I had a heart ache. I went to the church and some intercessors prayed over me and one touched my heart and I felt electricity go into my heart and my heart was healed by God!!!!
Another time I had a scary vision in my dream. I didn’t know if it was from God or not. I got down on my hands and knees and prayed to God that if it wasn’t from him to send someone to tell me God loves me. I went to church the next day and the pastor came to me and said, "God says he loves you and the dream wasn’t from him." I was so happy! I praised God and was just about the happiest girl alive.
About a month after being saved, I was preaching to my friend and she had rejected Christ. I went home and cried out to Jesus. I had soo much pain in my heart for my friend. I told Jesus, "She doesn’t believe, How can she not, You are real, Your spirit is in me!!" I cried and cried and then something happened that forever changed my life, well my life was already being changed by Christ but I didn’t expect this, I SAW A VISION OF JESUS CHRIST!!!!! He was radiant in white and had what I thought was a cloth over his head and draped on the sides and he had so much love in his eyes! I saw him looking right at me!!!!

I later told my friend in the building about the vision and she told me the "cloth" on his head was a tallit, I researched "tallit" and found that it was Jewish, of course, Jesus is a Jew, he was born unto his own people.

I later found the Jews for Jesus group. I am so happy Jews are coming to Christ and are being saved.

Acts ch 4 vers 12
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."[

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything in the bible is true, every single work, every single letter. We are in the end times now. Jesus is coming back for his church. If you are without holy spirit, you will be left behind for all eternity. Noone wants that to happen, and Jesus doesn’t want to lose any of his children. All you have to do say the salvation prayer I wrote above and you will then be sealed with God for eternity.

Please write back and tell me your testimony with Jesus. I’d love to hear it.

I don’t pray to statues anymore. I pray from my heart to Jesus and sing to him. Having a relationship with the maker of the universe is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. Get a bible and start reading from the book of John and find a bible believing, bible following church.

God Bless you and I hope to see you in heaven. Jesus cries for the ones that are not saved. So please get saved. He died for you so that you wouldn’t have to suffer eternally.

One more thing I want to tell you, , read the books by Mary K Baxter- A Divine Revelation Of Heaven and A Divine Revelation Of Hell. You can get these on Amazon.com. These shocking books will turn hearts to Christ. He is coming sooooonnn! Very soon! And he will gather all his children that have the holy spirit up in the air to be with him forever, and then everyone else will perish.

Choose Christ today and you will spend eternity, billions and billions and billions of years FOREVER with Jesus in paradise :-))))))))))))))))))))

But if you deny Christ, reject him, and don’t repent and receive his precious holy spirit, you will spend billions and billions of years forever in fire and sulfur and it will NEVER end.

Please say the salvation prayer I have written for you!!!

I would love to hear your testimony.

Thousands of Priests and nuns have converted to Christianity. When asked why they say "I read the New Testament!"

Thank you Jesus!
Amen, God Bless

You can get a FREE New Testament mailed to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to freenewtestament.com Start reading it when you get it in the mail. A good place to start is the book of John.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/300044-what-happened-when-i-converted-catholic.html#ixzz0u6Z5gUzI
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Acidosis(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
I like the topic, though I couldn't read through. . .
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Jenwitemi(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2010
What will happen? You will still be under the same damn dogma and the same holy book. You will also still be worshiping the same jewish white carpenter/hippie as your lord and saviour.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by NnaNna4(m): 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2010
am touched by ur testimony

i have read "the divine revelation of hell and heaven by mary k baxter"

and i ve given out to my relation and i promised to give my roommate 1 2nite.

keep it up
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Yefet(m): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2010
Glory be to God at Na aNa. God bless you. you can add me on facebook (JnrYefet) to get more materials and other testimonies that I shared. I finally gave my all to Christ Jesus after reading Mary K baxter and other men's book who have had Hell revelation and also the soon to come Rapture. Please hold on to you faith with the Grace of our Lord and Christ Jesus till the end.

1Cor 1:31 The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing and to those who are saved it is the Power of God.

God bless you all.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by precap2(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2010
Jenwitemi:

What will happen? You will still be under the same damn dogma and the same holy book. You will also still be worshiping the same jewish white carpenter/hippie as your lord and saviour.

You have vowed to spoil every topic in the religion section of NL.
Why don't you start your own thread and tell us about your belief?
Or are you afraid of criticism? I think it's about criticism now, those
who criticize too much are afraid to receive same.
I await your own revelatory thread with much patience.

And come to think of it, you have never even had the boldness
to say what you believe in, except in a topic where you hinted that
you're not an atheist but a theist. I'll wait for the day of reckoning lipsrsealed

Holla!
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Omenuko(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
Ndeewo,

So you have jumped from an ocean filled with devotion, faith, and love for Jesus Christ into a lake, no small pond, where people put limits on what God can do. Continue to pray and learn and you may get that 'aha' moment again and realize the beauty and simplicity found within the Catholic Church and return.

God bless
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Jenwitemi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2010
I believe in myself. I am my own religion. How about that for boldness. grin Now you can begin to criticize. I can take as much critique as you can throw at me. I love being critiqued. So, let's go!
precap2:

You have vowed to spoil every topic in the religion section of NL.
Why don't you start your own thread and tell us about your belief?
Or are you afraid of criticism? I think it's about criticism now, those
who criticize too much are afraid to receive same.
I await your own revelatory thread with much patience.

Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
She showed me passages in God’s word that forbid bowing to a statue,

There is no where in the bible christians were asked not to bow down to images.What the bible condemns is worshiping of images .Afterall ,the ancient jewish temple had carved images of the winged creatures.Dont also forget that God used a bronze serpent to heal the isrealites from snake bites abi you also want to call those one idolatory.

About the rosary, The bible says in:

Matthew 6 :7
"When you pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathens do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

What Jesus condemmned is vain repetitious prayers and not repetitious prayers afterall most of the psalms contains the same repetations prayer you talked about.

Revelation ch 22 verse 18
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book." by Jesus

This quote refers to only the book of revelation that was written in 100 CE .As of when this quotation was written,the bible did not exist then.The bible was created by this same "idolatorous" roman catholic church at the synod of hippo in 393 CE and the council of carthage in 397 CE.Even the collections of books you protestants call the bible is incomplete as seven books were excised from the original canonised bible in the ninetenth century.So if God should answer that prayer,no protestant will make heaven sinced they have removed 7 books from the bible.

I believe in God and is his son Jesus Christ. Jesus I believe you are Lord and you died on the cross to cleanse me of my sins, and I believe you rose again on the third day. In this moment I am asking you to forgive me of every sin that I have ever committed in my life. I am sorry. Jesus, I have made the decision to hand over my life to you. I give you all my life and will follow you the rest of my life. I invite you into my heart. Please come into my heart and put your holy spirit in me. Please wash away the sins of my past with your precious blood and make me new. I give you all my mind, heart and soul. Please make me new through your holy spirit. Please help me discover what your will is for my life. Please take my life and guide me for the rest of my life by your holy spirit. I surrender to you Lord Jesus. Thankyou for my salvation. Thankyou because I have just been saved and am now your child. Amen

While I would say that there is nothing wrong with the above prayer,the apostle creed which we recite every day in the catholic church is ten times richer than that prayer ,it is amazing you never recited it or you did not meditate on it's contents,I really feel for you.

John ch 14 verse 6
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’
Now everyone in my old church had prayed to Mary. This is what I found out in the bible:

No true Roman catholic goes to the father through Mary rather what catholics do is to go to Jesus throuigh Mary,just like you protestants go to Jesus through your Pastors.Except you want to claim that your pastors are holier than Mary.

The images of mary,Jesus and the saints are not idols ,since there are not worshipped.What the bible condemns is bowing down to idols not images.The words Idol and images cannot be used interchangeably since they don't mean the same thing.

1 Cor ch 12 verse 1
"Now about your spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols, Now to each one the manifestation of the spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same spirit, to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifs of healing by that one spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophesy, to another speaking in different types of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues."

1 Co ch 14 ch 18
"I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you."

Acts ch 2 verse 11
"All of them were filled with the holy spirit and began to speak in other tongues."

I hope you know the difference between speaking in tongues described in the bible and what is practised today,wwhatHappened on the day of pentecost was that the apostles spoke in languages they have not previously studied and their audince perfectly understood them.For e.g a nigerain who has never learnt the german language sudenly under the influence of the holy spirit s now able to preach in that language.In the long history of christianity,in post apostolic christianity this sort of occurence is only recorded once in the fourteenth century by St Vincent Ferrer.It has never reoccured again in history .Not ieven in the so called spirit filled churches,all they do is just to make noise disturbing the entire neighbourhood by uttering meaningless rants
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by invisible2(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
@Janewhitemi, you said you believe in you little self? Hahahaha hehehehehe huhuhuhu, I laugh in swahili at your foolishness. Don't die a sinner, hell will be very hot for you. In your own case, the devil will attach you with some brutal angels to torture you every moment of your stay in hell.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2010
Back to the intercession by saints

Rev. 5:8 - the prayers of the saints (on heaven and earth) are presented to God by the angels and saints in heaven. This shows that the saints intercede on our behalf before God, and it also demonstrates that our prayers on earth are united with their prayers in heaven. (The “24 elders” are said to refer to the people of God – perhaps the 12 tribes and 12 apostles - and the “four living creatures” are said to refer to the angels.)

Rev. 6:9-11 – the martyred saints in heaven cry out in a loud voice to God to avenge their blood “on those who dwell upon the earth.” These are “imprecatory prayers,” which are pleas for God’s judgment (see similar prayers in Psalm 35:1; 59:1-17; 139:19; Jer. 11:20; 15:15; 18:19; Zech.1:12-13). This means that the saints in heaven are praying for those on earth, and God answers their prayers (Rev. 8:1-5). We, therefore, ask for their intercession and protection.

Rev. 8:3-4 – in heaven an angel mingles incense with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne of God, and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God. These prayers “rise up” before God and elicit various kinds of earthly activity. God responds to his children’s requests, whether made by his children on earth or in heaven.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Jenwitemi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
invisible!:

@Janewhitemi, you said you believe in you little self? Hahahaha hehehehehe huhuhuhu, I laugh in swahili at your foolishness. Don't die a sinner, hell will be very hot for you. In your own case, the devil will attach you with some brutal angels to torture you every moment of your stay in hell.
Is that all? The same old and stale threats of hell? I am disappointed. I do not believe in christian concept of an eternal place of damnation. Try something more creative and fresh.

Next, please!
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by MadMax1(f): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
Everything made good reading, except the exhortation to buy Mary Baxter's book: A Divine Revelation of Heaven and Hell.That woman's book is a lie. You clearly see her describe someone that bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Christ in the bible, but because she uses the word 'God' and 'divine' in the title, her ridiculous book overrides the NT! The woman has serious mental issues and all her deepest fears are realised in some nightmarish encounter she generated herself or was deceived into, and this she takes to be a divine revelation? So many lies and mistakes have been pointed out in the book it's embarrassing. In biblical text, the original Greek meanings differ in some places from the English, but she didn't know that. So you have her 'Jesus' quoting 'himself' from the bible using, not the original meaning which he would have known, but the erroneous mistranslation that the woman knew! Imagine. The woman seemed sincere but there is deception here. This book will not make any reasonable person embrace Christ but will drive them away. The only people who will turn God are those of a fundamentalist bent who will turn to God out of fear of undergoing the punishment she described. Turning to God out of fear! The gospel is the good news, and Christ is the sheep, and it is out of free, uncoerced will and love that we turn to Him and that He accepts us.

She herself is more compassionate than the monster she conjured up that is taking her on a 'divine' revelation of hell. The woman is either sincerely deluded, or a deliberate deceiver. There's not a shred of truth in the book. I will bet the remainder of my life that her 'Jesus' is not Christ. A psychiatrist would have a field day with that book of hers and what it reveals about her psyche. All a person has to do is use a few magic words and quote the bible, and whatever they say is accepted as Gospel truth. Are Christians insane? Reject the stupid book, and pay attention only to the New Testament. Flawed as it is, the truth is there. Baxter's book is a horrible deception, a confirmation of all her own secret fears. She belongs to a particular church denomination, I think it's called 'Church of God' or something, and it came as no surprise that her 'Jesus' upheld all the doctrines of her particular denomination. So people were spending an 'eternity in hellfire' for things like 'Not receiving healing', 'not speaking in tongues', not 'being baptised', etc. What a sick, sick, sick woman, feeding her paranoia and delusion and church doctrines to others. Thankfully, not all Christians took her seriously.The bible is still where Jesus is to be found, not a sick woman's book, even of she calls it 'divine'. The moment it started contradicting the bible, one's eyes should have opened. So incredibly daft is this book, she even claims demons have a 'fun Centre' in hell where they ostensibly relax, and that hell is shaped like a human body. People should stop buying into her illness. Seriously.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by precap2(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2010
Jenwitemi:

I believe in myself. I am my own religion. How about that for boldness. grin Now you can begin to criticize. I can take as much critique as you can throw at me. I love being critiqued. So, let's go!

That's amazing! Don't you think you're a spoiled child?
One day you'll have the boldness to say who you are.
For now it's evident you're afraid of criticism. I'll allow your little faith grow grin

Holla!
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Jenwitemi(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2010
Well, i allowed myself a little bit of childishness because i am talking to childish people who believe in an infantile religious doctrine specially created for infants or babies. What else do you expect? grin
precap2:

That's amazing! Don't you think you're a spoiled child?
One day you'll have the boldness to say who you are.
For now it's evident you're afraid of criticism. I'll allow your little faith grow grin

Holla!
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by precap2(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Well, i allowed myself a little bit of childishness because i am talking to childish people who believe in an infantile religious doctrine specially created for infants or babies. What else do you expect? grin

I wish I could get my hand on that your thin throat,

Holla!
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Jenwitemi(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
precap2:

I wish I could get my hand on that your thin throat,

Holla!
Lol! My throat no thin at all! grin

Back to the topic at hand. Really, without catholicism there wouldn't have been christianity today, so a little bit of respect.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by precap2(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Lol! My throat no thin at all! grin

Back to the topic at hand. Really, without catholicism there wouldn't have been christianity today, so a little bit of respect.

For some time now I've been looking thru your posts and I find that you're obviously a very tricky person. This is not passing judgment on you but strictly my personal views, which might be wrong anyway.
You want to know if I'm a Catholic? Let me be plain with you. Catholicism is the disgrace of Christianity. Without catholicism christianity would have been better.
Don't forget that catholicism is just a good name for a bad dog, the real name being Roman Catholic. It has every evil thing that the Roman empire stood for and is growing from bad to worse. Roman Catholic presented a diluted gospel to suit the Roman spirit because the harsh real Gospel was too much for them to handle.
It merged too many evils into what the apostles were building.
Hmmmmmm. . . I stop now and wait for attacks.

Holla!
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2010
For some time now I've been looking thru your posts and I find that you're obviously a very tricky person. This is not passing judgment on you but strictly my personal views, which might be wrong anyway.
You want to know if I'm a Catholic? Let me be plain with you. Catholicism is the disgrace of Christianity. Without catholicism christianity would have been better.
Don't forget that catholicism is just a good name for a bad dog, the real name being Roman Catholic. It has every evil thing that the Roman empire stood for and is growing from bad to worse. Roman Catholic presented a diluted gospel to suit the Roman spirit because the harsh real Gospel was too much for them to handle.
Hmmmmmm. . . I stop now and wait for attack.

The Roman catholic church hasn contributed more to the growth of christianity than any other christian denomination in history.Agreed the church has also had some shameful part of her history,but in all the roman catholic church remains the greatest contributor to the growth of christianity.

The roman catholic church compiled the bible,named the authours of the gospel(the gospels being anonymous) divided the bible into chapters and verses for easier understanding.

Spurious gospels sprang up inthe second century purportedly written by the apostles ,this gospels were meant to destroy the true teachings of christianity,it was this same catholic church which invented the bible just to do away with these spurous writings and thus excluded these scriptures when the bible was finally compiled.

Basic christian terminologies like Bible,trinity,original sin, new and Old testament were developed by the catholic church.

Hate it or love it ,the history of christianity cannever be disentagled from the history of the catholic church
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by italo: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2010

Yeah! That's like saying 'without rice, fried rice would taste better'. That's very smart of you.

Don't forget that catholicism is just a good name for a bad dog, the real name being Roman Catholic. It has every evil thing that the Roman empire stood for and is growing from bad to worse.

Okay, since the word, 'Roman', is synonymous with evil, then St. Paul was also evil. He was Roman! Bravo!

Roman Catholic presented a diluted gospel to suit the Roman spirit because the harsh real Gospel was too much for them to handle.

So who is this "Roman spirit" and what is "the harsh real Gospel"?

What are the "too many evils"?

Hmmmmmm. . . I stop now and wait for attacks.

Attacks? You will get them from Christ who is the Head of the Catholic Church, if he wills it.
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2010
It’s the same thing as, Dear Jesus, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, how are you doing today?, etc, Annoying. Jesus is very busy, he doesn’t have time for annoyance. You only need to tell him once and he’ll get it. So the rosary is not biblical.

So, I took the rosary off the side of my bed and threw it away!

Jesus does not like repetitious prayers abi/ I thus suppose he must be mad at those six winged creatures that keeps praising him day and night in Rev 4:8

Revelation 4:8-11 (New International Version)
8Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." 9Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
11"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."
Re: What Happened When I Converted From Catholic To Christian. by precap2(m): 10:45am On Jul 26, 2010
italo:

Yeah! That's like saying 'without rice, fried rice would taste better'. That's very smart of you.

You haven't made much meaning here unless you're saying that Christianity and Roman Catholicism mean one and the same thing, which is a normal claim for a born catholic though.

italo:

Okay, since the word, 'Roman', is synonymous with evil, then St. Paul was also evil. He was Roman! Bravo!

Apostle Paul of the Bible was not a Roman by birth, he was made a Roman citizen because he was a tool in the hands of Rome before his conversion.

italo:

What are the "too many evils"?

It merged the state and the church just to acquire all the powers in the world and used same as instrument of oppression. It incorporated all the Roman idols into the church. What more do you need to know?

italo:

Attacks? You will get them from Christ who is the Head of the [Roman] Catholic Church, if he wills it.

Wish Christ really was that, but not so my brother. They run a government and not a Church and the Pope is the head and not Christ. The only church that have ambassadors in the guise of Papal Legates.

One day you'll see clearly.

Holla!

(1) (Reply)

Enjoy 50 Free Sms And N1.00k/sms For Nigeria Golden Jubilee / Worshippers Pay N1,000 To Enter Oyakhilome’s Church / There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.