Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport (1165 Views)

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Atedo Peterside's Anap Jet Robbed At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 04, 2018
I want to try this on my next trip, trying to be more independent now.

Have you taken Uber from Murtala International? If so what was your experience. How much should I expect to pay from there to Off Toyin Street in Ikeja around 9PM?

Thanks.
Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:01am On Nov 04, 2018
They are very good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nsiehi: 4:35am On Nov 04, 2018
I had a pleasant experience with the one I used recently. MMA to Toyin street, Ikeja should not exceed 2k.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Agbaletu: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2018
Budget 2k for it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Thanks for the responses.

Was there a long wait and would I be picked up right outside the arrival hall or I have to meander over to the parking structure?

PS: my question is specific to MMA international only.
Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Thanks for the responses.

Was there a long wait and would I be picked up right outside the arrival hall or I have to meander over to the parking structure?

PS: my question is specific to MMA international only.

When you book uber, it would normally have the drivers number. Call driver and tell him to pick you up at departure. You use the internal stairs from arrival and make your way to departure drop off point.

NB: Don't book uber until you have collected your luggage and making your way to departure .....
Cost - Should not exceed N1200.... But the nicer the driver, the juicier the tip...... (my perception)....

1 Like

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When you book uber, it would normally have the drivers number. Call driver and tell him to pick you up at departure. You use the internal stairs from arrival and make your way to departure drop off point.

NB: Don't book uber until you have collected your luggage and making your way to departure .....
Cost - Should not exceed N1200.... But the nicer the driver, the juicier the tip...... (my perception)....

No pickup at arrival? Might be a bit tricky getting luggage down a stair of flight though not impossible.

Thanks.
Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

No pickup at arrival? Might be a bit tricky getting luggage down a stair of flight though not impossible.

Thanks.

Picking up at arrival is usually very tricky, hence I get picked up at departure drop off point ........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

Your driver would just keeping going round and round, in the end...... One of you would get frustrated and dump course.....

Departure pick up point, is your best option ........

2 Likes

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Your driver would just keeping going round and round, in the end...... One of you would get frustrated and dump course.....

Departure pick up point, is your best option ........

I was over thinking this. I think I can always get one of the luggage attendants to assist me.

This will work very well, thanks Sir.

Now to get transport to Ibadan and surprise my MaiGuard grin
Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I was over thinking this. I think I can always get one of the luggage attendants to assist me.

Now you are thinking on your toes ........

1 Like

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Very simple way to get to Ibadan...... I go to Ojota bus garage, get a saloon car (must have AC) and maximum I pay is 15K..... If the driver is nice, he gets a safe arrival tip .....

1 Like

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Very simple way to get to Ibadan...... I go to Ojota bus garage, get a saloon car (must have AC) and maximum I pay is 15K..... If the driver is nice, he gets a safe arrival tip .....

Ojota is close to Ikeja, abi? Uber can take me from hotel to Ojota then.
Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Indeed......... Or ask uber driver charge to Ibadan....... He might have a girlfriend in Ibadan he wants to spend the loot you paid him on ....... grin

3 Likes

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Lexusgs430: 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I can see the West Town in you ........

1 Like

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Dammyray(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
Please our efforts will not go to waste o.

What can I do?
I mustn't miss this

Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Indeed......... Or ask uber driver charge to Ibadan....... He might have a girlfriend in Ibadan he wants to spend the loot you paid him on ....... grin

This is one of the reasons why I bought in Elebu area. It really is a straight low stress shot from Lasgidi. I can imagine the hassle if one is going to say Bodija or Iwo Road.
Re: Tell Me Your Uber Experience At Murtala International Airport by thebigkendo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Or book an Offline trip with your Airport Uber driver.. AC is sure grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Diesel Tanker On Fire In Benin / Why I Got Arrested In South Africa (Video) / Please I Need Genuine Information To Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.