Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,096 members, 7,849,429 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

How To Change Icons On Windows For Drives, Folders And Shortcuts In Windows - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Change Icons On Windows For Drives, Folders And Shortcuts In Windows (754 Views)

Updated Keyboard Shortcuts For Linux / My Laptop Creates Shortcuts In Flash And Other Memory Devices / 5 Super Computer Shortcuts You Can Use For Evil Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Change Icons On Windows For Drives, Folders And Shortcuts In Windows by gasufri: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2018
If you are the type that likes customizing how your computer looks and making it seem like it's a specially customized PC, then this is for you.

Changing the theme and wallpaper of your Windows PC has been a topic that has been well-discussed all throughout the internet. However, there are not that many articles as to how to change icons in Windows. Well, I’m here to fill in that gap.

So if ever that you’re wondering how to change the folder, drive and shortcut icons in Windows, I’ll be answering that question.

And don’t think that these methods do not apply to your Windows version. Generally, Windows has not changed the steps on how to change icons since Windows XP. So if whether you’ve got Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7, you won’t have an issue here.

But you might be asking yourself why you would go the extra mile just to change your icons.

Why You Should Consider Changing Icons?
It’s not totally necessary for you to change your icons, to be honest. It’s more of a customization freedom that you’re allowed to do on Windows. And each time I get my hands on a new PC, it’s one of the things that I must do. Hhere are some benefits that I see when I change my icons:

You can easily identify which icon is which at a glance
Easy organization of your desktop icons and folders
Customizing how everything looks feels satisfying
Change the general theme of your desktop
You can make your PC yours
These are the main reasons as to why people choose to customize their PC. Somehow, it raises efficiency because you know straight away what to click. And if you’re as forgetful as I am when it comes to finding the files you need, it’s going to be an awesome feature to use. You might have your own reasons, or maybe you’d like to find out how. Your PC is a big canvas that you can customize the way you want to!

Changing the Folder Icon
As I’ve said before, you have a lot of customization freedom on Windows, and it’s fairly easy to do. You can download an icon set for Windows, use default icons, or even go as far as making your folders invisible for security purposes.

Default Windows Icons
Windows actually has a lot of built-in icons and you freely choose which icon you want. So if you’d like to make a certain folder look like the recycle bin, then you definitely can! You can also access older default Windows Icons like those from Windows 8 and Windows 7.

Here’s how you can do it:

Find the folder that you want to modify, or you can create a new folder if you’d like.
Right click on the folder to pull up the options menu.

See full details here...>>https://www.infomaza.com/change-icons-windows

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Apps For Online Streaming And Movie Download On Android / ++digital Graphics Drawing Tablet Available / My Laptop Creates Shortcuts In Flash And Other Memory Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.