Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike (51678 Views)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Strike / ASUU Commences Nationwide Warning Strike / "Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by fergie001: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:

Your comment is to say the least, unfortunate. Are you aware that the agreement reached before their last strike was called off has breached by the FG?
Your comment is to say the least, unfortunate. Are you aware that the agreement reached before their last strike was called off has breached by the FG? [/quote]
Unfortunate?very funny...
Why was it breached?
This is because the government will give them a sum to change cars and they go back...they are also in it....
Imagine,since 2009,if you want to strike till what you demand for is achieved,fine and good.....
But you call for a strike,you are deceived again,you suspend...you return,you suspend....What does that say?
Stay your course in it.......
In the past,lecturers are thoroughly backed,but when it's seen that most of the times,the compromises is on the premise of indefinite promises,then why call off to go for a strike again?
The lecturers can never be absolved,they are also involved...Sir..imho
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Thanks2God: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2018
In the build-up to Election

FG should be advised to reinstate university staff schools teachers that were disengaged nationwide since December 2015. Despite a court order for their reinstatement.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Elsaluus14(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2018
is not Buhari caused, they do on there own selfish
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Stargurl20(f): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2018
And it all federal schools oooo���
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2018
macIB:

My friend, the answer is YES. Nigeria is rich enough to meet any demand whatsoever by the citizens. The corruption in high places, the incredulous salary allocated to politicians and lack of political will are the reasons we are in this sorry state as a nation.

I agree with you that there is corruption in high places..
I agree that there is a urgent need to cut down the cost of running our government..
I agree that that there is a lack of political will of the part of the government to meed the populace basic needs.

But you will agree with me that corruption is not limited to the high places but also in the low places, including our homes.
You will agree with me that the spate of unproductivity in our federal and state ministries is repulsive
You will agree with me that bulk of our budget especially at the state level goes into salary payments

We still borrow money to finance bulk of our budgets
I will be happy if the government can pay the new minimum wage, atleaset my wife salary will go up but the rebound inflation that may follow will negate expected benefits

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2018
vince96w2:
if the executives and legislature stop looting our funds,paying themselves our resources, then yes it's enough... Mismanagement is our problem? What is the percentage of employed people with regards the political office holders?
I agree with you sir if the exorbitant cost of governance is reduced drastically.

The question is who is going to take that bold step?
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 9:15am On Nov 05, 2018
drskyfly007:
Bro your answer is wrong..Naija is a rich country mismanaged by charlatans!

How did those charlatans get to power?
Who are the people defending them online?
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2018
Softhands:
How many barrels of crude oil does Nigeria produce daily? Billions of Dollars yearly...and you are asking Nigeria is rich enough?

And your crude oil will never dry?
Crude oil is being sold at 70£ per barrel yet you borrow money to finance your budget..
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by poiZon: 9:41am On Nov 05, 2018
Ejimagift:
sad Garri in the morning, Garri in the afternoon, Gaari in the night. Gaari every day sad Which kain life be this? sad

bros e beta pass Nothing in the morning, Nothing in the afternoon, n Small something for night.

give thnx to God atleast for the garri seen.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 9:46am On Nov 05, 2018
safarigirl:
lol.....you obviously aren't conversant with this country if you think Nigeria is not rich enough to meet the demands

If you know how much the people at the top steal from this country on the daily, you will marvel at the fact that Nigeria has not shut down.

Money dey o, after all, National Assembly members are paid hundreds of millions per year minus bribery money

I'm very much aware of corruption that happen both at the so called top level and even at the low level.
Even at the, if all these loopholes are blocked, I don't think the government at all levels (federal, state and local) can sustain the demanded minimum wage.

Imagine, most of the revenues go into recurrent expenditure, what happens to beautiful roads, quality healthcare, revamped military services etc we all yearn for?
What happens when our 'golden' crude oil vanish or alternative energy source is discovered?

For government to initiate the new salary scale as being demanded by the Labour unions is a small thing but is it sustainable?
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by drskyfly007(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2018
Famocious:

How did those charlatans get to power?
Who are the people defending them online?
my brother there is money, so Much money in naija..If you know you know!
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Softhands(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2018
You believe those people? Guy u will believe anything. Go figure how the financing of the third mainland bridge was done. Go figure how our parents had it easier during their time... The oil money is blood money...and the Civil servants asking for their share isn't out of place.
Famocious:

And your crude oil will never dry?
Crude oil is being sold at 70£ per barrel yet you borrow money to finance your budget..
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Famocious(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2018
Softhands:
You believe those people? Guy u will believe anything. Go figure how the financing of the third mainland bridge was done. Go figure how our parents had it easier during their time... The oil money is blood money...and the Civil servants asking for their share isn't out of place.

I agree with you that our parents had it easier during their time..
Nigeria was very rich during the period 3rd mainland bridge was built but during that period, our money had more value than what it is now. Our agricultural sector was one of the best in Africa, we had cocoa, groundnuts and palm oil to export in large quantity then. Our demand for dollars then is not the same as at now.
You and I know what the situation is presently..

My brother, I have no problem with the labour union agitations and demands. Based on our fiscal policy, I don't think meeting their demends is sustainable across boards.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by GetCofOProperty: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2018
Only God can save this nation from all these strikes here and there.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property Investment That Guarantee High Return... Or You Want a Suitable Land or House For You To Live In. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046. Check our signature here below and click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us or how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2018
Oya kogi state university nd unilorin and few skuls dat wont join ASUU strike should gather here let pray for striking schools for quick resumption grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked cool cool cool[color=#000099][/color]
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Juliearth(f): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
fergie001:

I believe it's how we are wired...
Talk from today till tomorrow....nothing
Call for strike,you see deceiving themselves holding nocturnal meetings.....
Strike is the only thing that irks and embarrasses them...

Exactly. Same way we belief in corrective rather than preventive maintenance.
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by Kingdelex(m): 2:42am On Nov 06, 2018
the function of a leadership is to produce more leader not a follower. but in my humble nation they are just delay their pikin destiny no be we...
Re: ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike by ThatKING(m): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori / 500-Level UNIBEN Student Shot Dead Inside School Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.