Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general (17269 Views)

Binance And CEO ‘CZ’ Plead Guilty To Federal Charges, Agree To Pay $4.3B Fine / We Must Be United To Rebuild Nigeria, Says Obaseki / Easy 2018 Newbie Guide To Make $1 Usd Every 5 Seconds Trading Options 100% WINS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by ottohan: 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
Sg
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by deafeyez: 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
Where have we gone wrong in this country.
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by kYjelly2: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
The People Who Destroyed Your Past, Definitely Wont Do Any Good For Your Future

Nigerians, haba, aren't you poeple tired sef?

Abeg, me and my Family are Sowore 2019

2 Likes

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by googlepikins: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari must resign now, or he will be removed in 2019 election

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Reference(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:
He said American investors have issues with how policies are made and changed, noting that it has the capacity to discourage investors into the country. He cited regulatory issues, such as the one involving MTN, which had led to the directive for the telco to return cash allegedly ferried out of the country without recourse to laid down procedure[/i]s.

The envoy said it has the capacity to [i]discourage any investor as there seems not to be a clear-cut obedience to rule of law to protect investors.

May God punish you and every criminal investors that refuse to follow laid down rules and regulations, olori buruku

Will you shut this brazen stupidity. People who have what you need are telling you what they want and you are talking trash. You cannot pay your workers. You borrow to build your roads thus mortgaging your childrens future and here are people willing to partner and you are insulting.

You think investors don't have conditions and will just throw their money into any hole they find. If you go to a bank to borrow won't the bank give you conditions. If you borrow dollar will you repay naira. If I told you to bring money to invest in my business and I told you that you cannot get it back, what will you say. Did MTN bring naira into this country in 2001.

If this silly government cannot sit up and clean its investment house then it should hang up a sign that clearly reads "closed for business" and we should go a borrowing. Thr same conditions these multinationals give us is the same they give to every country they invest in. Nigeria cannot expect to be treated differently.

If this government is concerned about capital flight they should turn their attention to multinational contrators who come briefcase in hand and are awarded multibilkion dollar contracts to offer services we have not been able to localise in sixty years of independence. Some of these contrators came into Nigeria in the seventies and eighties and have laid down to skewer the economy being a constant feature on our annual budgets while ferrying scarce forex back home. The government has no problems withthese since their slices of the pie are guaranteed but because investors don't 'shake body' they are subjected to frustrating, vindictive practices and policies.

Continue down to the path of destruction with jaudiced thinking . Shey strike is coming. You will beg for investment at any condition. Just wait..... broke ass folks deceiving themselves.... nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Bede2u(m): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

I know that like Atiku you have no content but how to steal and steal and steal and disturb young people's bum bum upandan. Find your fellow Atiku gaylings and discuss your debauchery with. Errant rubbish!! cool
u guys lack the intellect to argue...so u insult often instead. The truth is no bihari supporter can intelligently defend him
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari is really working. Investors are getting scared to invest in the country cos of the unstable economy. Companies are packing up and leaving. No light,no good roads,unsecurity here and there and ppl are saying buhari should should come back for another 4 yrs. Na to sell nigeria off to china remain.
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Yankee101: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
APC how market?
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by truthfulparrot(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:
He said American investors have issues with how policies are made and changed, noting that it has the capacity to discourage investors into the country. He cited regulatory issues, such as the one involving MTN, which had led to the directive for the telco to return cash allegedly ferried out of the country without recourse to laid down procedure[/i]s.

The envoy said it has the capacity to [i]discourage any investor as there seems not to be a clear-cut obedience to rule of law to protect investors.

May God punish you and every criminal investors that refuse to follow laid down rules and regulations, olori buruku
With all due respect, I think you should investigate properly and try to comprehend the issue at stake before commenting. Even CBN is presently reviewing the MTN issue and have admitted that they made some errors of judgement. The last report from National Bureau of statistics reveals that investors are shying away from Nigeria. And do youhave to be insultive to make your points? If you are always like this....then my honest advice to you is that you have to work on your attitude!
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2018
and HSBC and UBS has left
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by rman: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
Reference:

Will you shut this brazen stupidity. People who have what you need are telling you what they want and you are talking trash. You cannot pay your workers. You borrow to build your roads thus mortgaging your childrens future and here are people willing to partner and you are insulting.

You think investors don't have conditions and will just throw their money into any hole they find. If you go to a bank to borrow won't the bank give you conditions. If you borrow dollar will you repay naira. If I told you to bring money to invest in my business and I told you that you cannot get it back, what will you say. Did MTN bring naira into this country in 2001.

If this silly government cannot sit up and clean its investment house then it should hang up a sign that clearly reads "closed for business" and we should go a borrowing. Thr same conditions these multinationals give us is the same they give to every country they invest in. Nigeria cannot expect to be treated differently.

If this government is concerned about capital flight they should turn their attention to multinational contrators who come briefcase in hand and are awarded multibilkion dollar contracts to offer services we have not been able to localise in sixty years of independence. Some of these contrators came into Nigeria in the seventies and eighties and have laid down to skewer the economy being a constant feature on our annual budgets while ferrying scarce forex back home. The government has no problems withthese since their slices of the pie are guaranteed but because investors don't 'shake body' they are subjected to frustrating, vindictive practices and policies.

Continue down to the path of destruction with jaudiced thinking . Shey strike is coming. You will beg for investment at any condition. Just wait..... broke ass folks deceiving themselves.... nonsense.

God bless you.

They lack the intellectual capacity to understand investor want ROI and a government cannot wake up and ask an investor to bring 8 billion dollars back. In fact, the same company must have invested more than 20 billion dollars into the Nigerian economy but our govt still wants their profits kept here even after collecting all sorts of tax. Is this the initial agreement? If I have money to invest, will I bring it into a country which flip flops her polices based on who is in power?

I wrote it here that the MTN issue will back fire, now the CBN is trying so hard to bring back investors confidence by saying they are carefully looking at the issue. Isn't that what they should have done in the first place before rushing to the media?

2 Likes

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by atobs4real(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
The Lifeless Presidio has no idea what to do.
If the structure was there 16 years ago the consulate would not have said so. Nigeria have suffered from Past leaders
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Felixv: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
The era of quick returns have gone. Nigeria and Africa is seen as a place where westerners can go and make unimaginable returns.

Maybe these guys should learn from the Chinese and help invest in the continents infrastructure.
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by truthfulparrot(m): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Google MTN repatriation of funds from Nigeria and use that thing you call a brain to comprehend what it is about.
Open the link below and be quided.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/cbn-refund-n1-3trn-mtn-dummys-guide-mtncbn-crisis
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by bukatyne(f): 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2018
kidman96:

Don't mind them. Buhari is putting policies in place so that these multinational companies won't be coming here to swindle Nigerians anyhow they are angry they are no longer able to just come to Nigeria make profit at the expense of the ordinary citizens and just leave.

Which Nigerian companies are 'replacing' the international ones?

Who told you that Nigerian companies are faring any better?

Do you know how many Nigerian companies has gone under?
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
lefulefu:
Buhari is really working. Investors are getting scared to invest in the country cos of the unstable economy. Companies are packing up and leaving. No light,no good roads,unsecurity here and there and ppl are saying buhari should should come back for another 4 yrs. Na to sell nigeria off to china remain.
Lol he is working indeed... Instead of focusing on restructuring,,, they are busy shifting blames....

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by vedaxcool(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2018
kidman96:

Don't mind them. Buhari is putting policies in place so that these multinational companies won't be coming here to swindle Nigerians anyhow they are angry they are no longer able to just come to Nigeria make profit at the expense of the ordinary citizens and just leave.
yet many foolish Nigerians are standing with them

1 Like

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:

E pain ammmmmm

Another dent on your Voodoo President and his team. No go die supporting your fellow dullard oo
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by vedaxcool(m): 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
Reference:

[/s]

Absurd illiterate came to test his writing skills, tell your stories to Atheiku dummies, ignoramus

1 Like

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Bizibi(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
kidman96:

smh
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Bizibi(m): 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
truthfulparrot:
With all due respect, I think you should investigate properly and try to comprehend the issue at stake before commenting. Even CBN is presently reviewing the MTN issue and have admitted that they made some errors of judgement. The last report from National Bureau of statistics reveals that investors are shying away from Nigeria. And do youhave to be insultive to make your points? If you are always like this....then my honest advice to you is that you have to work on your attitude!
if you know that monicker well,you won't bother yourself.
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by sonature1: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

I know that like Atiku you have no content but how to steal and steal and steal and disturb young people's bum bum upandan. Find your fellow Atiku gaylings and discuss your debauchery with. Errant rubbish!! cool

You lots have no shame, I swear it

When Atiku was in APC and was giving out gifts and cash to the party, nobody knew he was a thief

Now, he's the presidential hopeful of the opposition, everyone is shouting that Atiku is a thief.

Puritans and purists don't accept gifts from corrupt people

Besides, who gave you people the impression that Buhari is not corrupt?

Some of you lots are brazenly shameless
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Benekruku(m): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
The Lifeless Presidio has no idea what to do.

5%
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Benekruku(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Absurd illiterate came to test his writing skills, tell your stories to Atheiku dummies, ignoramus

You said it all, The guy just composed a long gibberish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by RTSC: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
By the time all the foreign investors leave, i am going to see where buhari supporters will work.

Igboland is 80% indigenous industry, we will survive.

I don't know about the rest of Nigeria, especially those that claim they have the biggest FDIin the world.

1 Like

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by legibow: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
basilo101:
Atiku/Obi, two successful businessmen, is what Nigeria needs right now
come again... Did u just call Atiku a business man.... Hello , somebody wake this man jare

The fact that people are carrying for Atiku doesn't mean he is good... They just want a change of power , if it will favor them....
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by jinxet2000: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
US is indirectly asking Atiku to take over. While some people are breaking their heads that Atiku cannot go to USA, they are simulating that PMB is not capable to provide socioeconomic environment to foster growth and improve forex.
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by Buharimustgo: 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
[quote author=vedaxcool post=72699201]He said American investors have issues with how policies are made and changed, noting that it has the capacity to discourage investors into the country. He cited regulatory issues, such as the one involving MTN, which had led to the directive for the telco to return cash allegedly ferried out of the country without recourse to laid down procedure[/i]s.

May God punish you and every criminal investors that refuse to follow laid down rules and regulations, olori buruku[/quote

as there seems not to be a clear-cut obedience to rule of law to protect investors.

Did you not read this one?
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by omoelerin1: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2018
KrystalConnect:
Nigeria is currently a difficult place for foreign investors
Even more difficult for local investors
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by vedaxcool(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
[s]
sonature1:

You lots have no shame, I swear it

When Atiku was in APC and was giving out gifts and cash to the party, nobody knew he was a thief

Now, he's the presidential hopeful of the opposition, everyone is shouting that Atiku is a thief.

Puritans and purists don't accept gifts from corrupt people

Besides, who gave you people the impression that Buhari is not corrupt?

Some of you lots are brazenly shameless
[/s]

Please pretend you can reason even if it is to please nairaland servers.

1 Like

Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by tuneboy2(m): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hello.

We all recharge our phones via airtime, buy data and pay bills at all times.

But have you ever wondered how you can make money out of the telecommunication industry, or you've left it all for the big players like MTN and Glo.

Networking is the driving force of every business, you need a network of people to find information, get a job, start your dream business.

Am inviting you today to make money from the telecommunications industry by partnering with us so that as you recharge, buy data and pay bills from the comfort of your home. You also earn a fair share of the billions made in the industry.

Inbox me on whatsapp 08134105161 for more info, and let me show you a way to pursue financial freedom.
Re: America’s $1.3b Investment Threatened In Nigeria, Says Consul-general by brojoshua: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2018
Corruption is our primary, foundational, main, real, hidden and principal problem. Corruption is the source of our problems. Can anything really good come from and to a corrupt country and people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi / What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. / Top 20 Profitable Business In Nigeria That Will Make You Earn Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.