Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This (4435 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime / Xbox Adaptive Controller Could Help Gamers With Disabilities / Naija Gamers (PC, Console & Mobile Gamers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
Mobile gamers are always casted aside or segregated by ignorant console users when it comes to gaming, alot of memes, arguments and debates has been going on whether mobile gamers are actually "real" gamers.

This is argument is both baseless and ridiculous on alot of levels, if you're reading this them you might already know where I'm going heading with the article. I think the actual reason for this discrimination might be due to the fact that when a mobile games are mentioned, most console gamers think we are talking about Candy Crush, Temple Run and other simple games.

Also, if you are console gamer that happened to stumble across the headline and feel the need to bite back, you need to first
take a moment to learn what your favourite console could learn from ours.

You need to first realize the fact that mobile games take advantage of platforms. For example Alto's Odyssey.
Others popular games that takes advantage of the platformer includes Temple Run, Subway Surfs, The Room.
We've also had some games that unleashed a new game entirely for example, Summoners War, Clash of Clan and so on.
All these deliver a good pocket-sized gaming when you want to game on the go.
No doubt, we also have console games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Life is Strange, Ark and others but that's not what made mobile gaming thrive at all.
One of the biggest instances that proved that the division between console and mobile is already thinner by time is the invention of Nintendo Switch.
Also mobile phone makers have noticed the thin line between Mobile Gaming and Console gaming which inspired high end gaming devices like the ROG, Razer Gaming Phones and other Smartphone that were built for the main purpose of gaming.
The only let back to mobile gaming is the fact that a console can have a lifespan of up to 10 years with some little upgrades like Xbox one to Xbox X. While the a mobile phone rarely last up to that amount of years before getting outdated, this may be due to the fact mobile gaming is growing at a very rapid rate. Probably when things balance out (that is, mobile catching up with console) then the lifespan of every mobile might become like the console's.

Talking of thin line, the new iPad Pro which was unveiled recently is just as powerful as the Xbox One.
Could Console really learn one or two things from the massive upgrades Mobile Phones are getting recently? Or do you think it the other way round?

Don't be shy to let us know in the comments section.

lalasticlala

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by crafteck(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hissss... Would comment later

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by PAQ(m): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mobile gamers are regerded as casual gamers. Its not the graphics or type of game that that differentiates you but the lenght of play which is limited to mobile gaming. Its gaming on the go, before you need to recharge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by wisemrtortoise: 2:00am On Dec 01, 2018
Why are mobile games highly disliked? one word:

MICROTRANSACTIONS

6 Likes

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by nelsonebby(m): 2:31am On Dec 01, 2018
The only thing good on mobile gaming is football manager

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
nelsonebby:
The only thing good on mobile gaming is football manager

PUBG mobile
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by nelsonebby(m): 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2019
GidiGamers:

PUBG mobile
Yes pubg too.

But it's way better on pc. Not mobile emulator , the full version on pc.
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by mistercharles: 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2019
nelsonebby:
Yes pubg too.

it's better on PlayStation lol
It's called fortnight on PlayStation but still pubg on xbox
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Abubakar96: 9:23am On Mar 17, 2019
Calm down. The difference between Mobile and PC gaming is not a thin line. Mobile gaming is miles away...

Those gaming smartphones you talked about aren’t anything special. Just a regular high end smartphone with bumped up specs - That’s it. Adding extra RAM, Space and increasing the screen refresh rate doesn’t make it a come close... LOL. They’ll still play the same games as your average phone.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Thegamingorca(m): 9:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Mobile gaming is not gaming

Mobile gamers are not gamers.

These have to be clear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by finest0007(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2019
nelsonebby:
Yes pubg too.

Do you know how I can get the full pc version? I've gone on YouTube but they're pretty useless
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Abubakar96: 11:26am On Mar 19, 2019
Thegamingorca:
Mobile gaming is not gaming

Mobile gamers are not gamers.

These have to be clear.

I disagree with you.

Mobile game players disagree with you.

Mobile game developers disagree with you.

The revenues these companies drive also disagree with you.

Mobile games generate the highest revenue in all the gaming sector which is why they have more developers and are on the rise.
https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-137-9-billion-in-2018-mobile-games-take-half/

Mobile games have so much untapped potentials with the rate at which processors are improving, though they are no where near console gaming.

Just because you game on Console/PC doesn’t make you a better gamer - to some extent yeah. It’s all about preference. They are as much a gamer as you are.

Mobile games are on the rise. They have more active users than console/PC because, well it’s mibile.

Let’s not forget that PS VITA and Nintendo Switches are also a form of mobile games.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
Here's why I don't consider mobile "users" as gamers:

The games are too easy, My 4-year-old nephew (and I'm not exagerrating) can basically play every genre of game on playstore.

Mobile games are "quick fixes" kinda like giving a pinch of cocain to an addict.

Mobile games are just recycled garbbage of the previous ones. You could say video games are like that too but, far from that. They might be in the same genre but, they sure as hell feel different.

Majority of people who play mobile games, play candy crush, temple run, subway surfers and some other similar rubb!sh like that. And that makes the community more like bunch of sisis.

Most mobile users are ignorant. You'd see a post about GTA VI and someone will be asking if the mobile version is available.

Mobile games are short and unimmersive. They are meant to pass time not engage

If one argues that BR games and some other RTS exist... Touch screen controls are the worst kind of controls I will ever encounter. 50% of the times I die in BE games because of moist I'm my fingers or I touch somewhere wrong or I tap jump instead of shoot. That's why I always think mobile games are not meant to be taken seriously. And those controllers' setup are fvcking ridiculous.

And... Why the fvck would you wanna fix your eyes on a tiny screen for hours? You'd get sick.

Note: I am not hating on mobile users. I'm just staying why they're not gamers. More like gaymers grin JK

Seriously... If you can't afford a console there's nothing wrong in playing mobile games. Enjoy your sh!t and don't mind my mumu talk.

Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
Abubakar96:

Just because you game on Console/PC doesn’t make you a better gamer - to some extent yeah. It’s all about preference. They are as much a gamer as you are.

Mobile games are on the rise. They have more active users than console/PC because, well it’s mibile.

Let’s not forget that PS VITA and Nintendo Switches are also a form of mobile games.

Lol... Seriously dude. People don't consider mobile users as gamers and you pull out sales and statistical number of users from your ass? It's a fvcking Mobile phone lol... Almost every Family has at least 1. Of course it'll be on the rise. It doesn't make it gaming grin it's just called "rising"

That's why I say mobile gaymers are ignorant grin (no offence)

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Abubakar96: 11:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
LucemFerre:

Lol... Seriously dude. People don't consider mobile users as gamers and you pull out sales and statistical number of users from your ass? It's a fvcking Mobile phone lol... Almost every Family has at least 1. Of course it'll be on the rise. It doesn't make it gaming grin it's just called "rising"

That's why I say mobile gaymers are ignorant grin (no offence)

Obviously you’re the ignorant one here. Statistical numbers from my ass Really Did you here that statement at all?? These are facts that I didn’t make up. Or tell me, Is there anything more factual than numbers?

No offense taken. I’m also a console gamer tongue but that doesn’t stop me from saying the truth. So jokes on you. And if anything you just proved how ignorant some console and PC gamers are (no offense)

Just becaus you don’t like something doesn’t make it not to be what it is.
Like it or not, mobile gamers are gamers.

Y’all need to cut down the ego.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 1:16am On Mar 21, 2019
Abubakar96:

Obviously you’re the ignorant one here. Statistical numbers from my ass Really Did you here that statement at all?? These are facts that I didn’t make up. Or tell me, Is there anything more factual than numbers?

Heh! I actually used that as an expression Einstein cheesy meaning "that was your comeback?" cheesy 2:0

Abubakar96:

No offense taken. I’m also a console gamer tongue but that doesn’t stop me from saying the truth. So jokes on you. And if anything you just proved how ignorant some console and PC gamers are (no offense)

Just becaus you don’t like something doesn’t make it not to be what it is.
Like it or not, mobile gamers are gamers.

Y’all need to cut down the ego.

Don't like it? Dude, I play freefire with all the time I got that I'm not on a PC. You Internet psychics.
And How I'm I being ignorant and/or egotistic?

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
Abubakar96:
Calm down. The difference between Mobile and PC gaming is not a thin line. Mobile gaming is miles away...

Those gaming smartphones you talked about aren’t anything special. Just a regular high end smartphone with bumped up specs - That’s it. Adding extra RAM, Space and increasing the screen refresh rate doesn’t make it a come close... LOL. They’ll still play the same games as your average phone.

Don't say what you don't know

The ipad max pro is more powerful than Xbox one s
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
GidiGamers:

Are you high?
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Abubakar96: 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2019
GidiGamers:

Lol... ok
go play FIFA19 on it grin
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2019
Abubakar96:

Lol... ok
go play FIFA19 on it grin

The only reason I can't play the so called FIFA 19 on it is Because it isn't available on mobile phones

It almost like asking an Xbox player to play God of War on their console it is impossible but if ported, it will run it smoothly

Mobile phones is just as powerful as latest consoles.

Check Google if you're doubting me
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 7:54am On Mar 22, 2019
LucemFerre:

Are you high?

grin check Google bro, iPad max pro is better than Xbox one S I repeat
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2019
The only thing holding mobile phones back from competing with consoles is just availability of AAA titles

That's all nothing more
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
GidiGamers:

grin check Google bro, iPad max pro is better than Xbox one S I repeat

Better at what, taking pictures, viewing Instagram or watching p0rn?

All your proofs are "check google." You just read some blogger's unverified bullsh!t and come here advertising ignorance.

They are made up of different components, they are made for a different purpose, they are incomparable in every way. What on earth inspires you or the ignorant post you read compare the two devices?
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
GidiGamers:
The only thing holding mobile phones back from competing with consoles is just availability of AAA titles

That's all nothing more

TF... Nvidia GT 730 and GTX 1050ti all have 4GB but they are generations apart. That's how mobile components and gaming platforms' components are.
Just shut up and go and sh!t cuz, it's escaping through you thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
LucemFerre:

TF... Nvidia GT 730 and GTX 1050ti all have 4GB but they are generations apart. That's how mobile components and gaming platforms' components are.
Just shut up and go and sh!t cuz, it's escaping through you thoughts.

can't argue with you, tried talking to you politely but you seemed like demented little kid that can't have a good conversation without throwing insults

I'm not the cause of your misery boy

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Abubakar96: 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
GidiGamers:

That's all nothing more

At this point, I rest my case kiss
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
GidiGamers:

can't argue with you, tried talking to you politely but you seemed like demented little kid that can't have a good conversation without throwing insults

I'm not the cause of your misery boy

I'm allergic to ignorance.
You can't argue with me because you sound ridiculous. Calling you ignorant was a description. Calling them insults shows what you know. I find it ironic that you call me "boy"

I'm not the cause of your inability to do a proper relevant research and I'm not the cause of your lack of understanding of simple terms and sentences.

How I'm I demented and miserable?

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by GidiGamers: 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
LucemFerre:

I'm allergic to ignorance.
You can't argue with me because you sound ridiculous. Calling you ignorant was a description. Calling them insults shows what you know. I find it ironic that you call me "boy"

I'm not the cause of your inability to do a proper relevant research and I'm not the cause of your lack of understanding of simple terms and sentences.

How I'm I demented and miserable?

ever heard the saying "when a sane man argue with a madman then it becomes difficult to distinguish who's mad among them"

This saying actually fits you perfectly.

You're obviously a low-life rétarded fool and most importantly, you're a dumb guy that resorts to using insulting word at the slightest chance you get, arguing with you will just bring me down to your level.

You really need to fix your life bro

and don't BOTHER mentioning me because like I said don't too busy to engage in baseless, none constructive arguments with your kind of personality

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by LucemFerre: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
GidiGamers:

ever heard the saying "when a sane man argue with a madman then it becomes difficult to distinguish who's mad among them"

This saying actually fits you perfectly.

You're obviously a low-life rétarded fool and most importantly, you're a dumb guy that resorts to using insulting word at the slightest chance you get, arguing with you will just bring me down to your level.

You really need to fix your life bro

and don't BOTHER mentioning me because like I said don't too busy to engage in baseless, none constructive arguments with your kind of personality

Humans are too petty to annoy me bruh... Stop trying.
You and your fans should go educate yourselves

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Mamman3300(m): 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2019
First of all mobile gamers are gamers,lets clear that out of the way.
Secondly to those saying mobile games are short and unimmersive obviously don't know nothing about the catalogue of mobile games because i could mention games that provide over 20 hours of gameplay with console quality graphics.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by MobileGees: 12:41am On Mar 23, 2019
Mamman3300:
First of all mobile gamers are gamers,lets clear that out of the way.
Secondly to those saying mobile games are short and unimmersive obviously don't know nothing about the catalogue of mobile games because i could mention games that provide over 20 hours of gameplay with console quality graphics.

Can you list some please
Re: Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This by Thegamingorca(m): 6:11am On Mar 23, 2019
MobileGees:

Can you list some please

Lol
I repeat....mobile gamers are not gamers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Diablo III Beta Keys Giveaways / Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop / For XBOX Gamers Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.