Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:29 PM

Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids (1096 Views)

If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? / Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words / Help: Toast Words On Wedding Invitation Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids by Godmother(f): 11:28am On Jul 21, 2010
There is a woman in my street that uses such unprintable names for her kids when they err, especially when they have friends over.Whenever she starts, people two houses away can hear her. And the sad part is that these kids are grown-ups.
Re: Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2010
Nah, not my style. Abusing your kids verbally does nothing for their self-esteem, and they'll grow to hate you as a result.

So, you'll achieve nothing.
Re: Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids by mukina2: 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2010
NEVER!

I even tell my friends to watch what they say when she is around, its sad when parents do that, i have seen plenty people do that to kids and its crazy, when the child starts insulting teachers.elders and her friends at school nko?
Re: Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids by mutter(f): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2010
It is very bad for a parent to use abusive words on their kids.
Many of us do it when we get angry.
But I have to advise anyone who does it to stop immediately.

*THE WORD is very important. The word was made flesh and dwelt amongst men.
*Whatever we bind on earth God binds in heaven.

We use bad words and they became curses on our children.
Fool, idiot, useless. When the kid becomes useless, we ask ourself why.

Even when a child offends you. Advice the child with wisdom , love and understanding and pray to God to forgive the child.
Children can go astray so often but our continuous blessings and prayers can bring the grace of God into their lives
Re: Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^^ Very true.
Re: Do You Use Abusive Words On Your Kids by ellagold(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
Spoken words are very powerful,i am very careful how i talk not only to my children but other people as well especially when i am angry.

We are all familiar with the old adage that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" That is such a false statement. Of course words can hurt you, and often times they do. When spoken by a loved one, its effect can feel even more detrimental. The harmful effect that words have can often be permanent regardless of intent.

A person's self-esteem and self worth are invaluable. One can't assume to postulate the value that mere words either written or spoken can have on those around them. Ones self-esteem is how they feel about themselves. When harmful words are all you hear over and over again, the magnitude of its very negative connotation can be stagnating. Eventually, one starts to believe these words to be true.

I PLEAD with anyone using abusive words on their kids or anyone to please stop it.

(1) (Reply)

2010 , What Are U Most Grateful For? / SHOCKING: 3 Year Old Girl Raped At Adeniji Adele (photos) / Ladies Meaning Of A God Fearing Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.