Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos (31037 Views)

How A Lady, Airforce Officer & Others Were Almost Killed During Kaduna Crisis / Kaduna Crisis: Man Who Hid In A Wardrobe Unconscious (Photos) / Man Who Was On His Way To Lock A Church Among Those Killed In Kaduna Crisis(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by CastedDude: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
A journalist and staff of Voice Of Nigeria (VON) has recounted her horrifying experience after surviving a close shave with death during the Kaduna crises few weeks back which claimed more than 50 lives with properties worth millions destroyed.

Temitope Mustapha, was travelling through Kaduna to Kano to cover the event on Media Dialogue on Equity for the Girl Child Education before being caught in the crisis. 

She took to social media to share her story. Read the lengthy piece below; 

Passing through Kaduna State on Sunday 21st of October 2018, to connect to Kano State for a two day Media Dialogue on Equity for the Girl Child Education , I never thought would end up bloody for me..

About 4:35pm ,Two times this gentleman who was in the same car with me woke me up and said "Madam stay awake" ,I replied him, see i had written stories previous nights before I embarked on this journey. Again this man woke me up and said "madam pls stay awake".

Then I opened my sleepy eyes very wide and clearly I saw Military officers seated on their vehicles. Suddenly, a fellow passenger like me said " Madam we have been making calls to know the safest road" & I said you mean this road is safe for us all? They all answered Yes. Suddenly at Kaduna By- Pass,I saw a trailer blocking the road and traffic was building up and the driver of the same car I boarded( public transport of ofcourse) beckoned on one of the youths holding a fibre of an iron, of course he responded in Hausa language & another passenger translated this to me that he wanted to find another route out of By- Pass.

Suddenly, a number of the young men sighted me in the car & my driver started pleading with them, telling them " Da Allah ki ya kuri" ,I was the only female in the car and extremely unusual of me I wore what you saw in the pictures above with an headtie ( turban)that I had on me.

RACE OF MY LIFE

The young men best described as Miscreants were more than fifteen,they started hitting the side of the car I was, Actually my head was blank, I couldn't say one word of prayer, I didn't panic and I was ready to run the race of my life.

Immediately my fellow passengers took to their heels from the front door and the left door side , then I summoned courage opened the right side door which was already confronted by men holding all manner of irons and stones. My turban ( headtie) fell off , And I started running towards an uncompleted building immediately I realised I could be finished in the building, With heavy stones landing on my back and long metallic objects hitting my body from people running after me ,I turned an thought of crossing the Gutters on Kaduna by - Pass.

O Yes I fell down with the heaviness & marathon of stones landing on my body then I watched myself being LYNCHED with all manners of iron rods, sticks and i was being stonned at the same time.

Nobody dared stopped these youths from stonning me neither was I rescued from their hands.

I actually saw one of them videoing what they were doing to me & I sincerely was running within me to catch up with breathe. Death is Painful.

I suddenly didn't not feel the hitting of the irons on my body again & the stones were no longer making sounds to me. I was hearing ,Jesus is Lord inside my Head clearly as if with a mega phone, I was seeing my mother's,my Son & my daughter's faces all at thesame time & some how I kept hearing in my head that all they were doing was not up to Labour Pains.

I crawled inside the Gutters ,of course I was already almost inside the Gutters by by-Pass. I felt peace in my body & I found solace inside the Gutters. I saw these youths gathered on the other side ,I blurringly saw a crowd of men watching me , And I saw clearly one of them carrying a stone with his two hands right over me, I raised up one hand pleading to him& making gestures appealing. That was the last I saw.

HEAVY SLEEP OVER POWERED ME

Heavy & Deep Sleep came over me inside the Gutters,the thing overpowered me & I watched my hand threw away, from this moment I didn't know what happened again ,I cannot tell what,where & anything about me again. I don't know what switched me off. I was completely switched off.

Till I woke up at AMRULLAH Hospital (also along Kaduna by-Pass )on a stretcher , I started talking telling them I am a Journalist with Voice of Nigeria and I was only passing by Kaduna State to attend a Media Dialogue in Kano State. I attempted standing from the stretcher my body didn't respond. I was asked for phone numbers , Heaven helped me to remember my younger sister's number & the father of my children's number.

AMRULLAH Hospital ...
Totally to my rescue, about six drips including flagyl & All manners were set into my system. I was revived, Head suturing were done, the young Muslim doctor was crying while suturing my head, hospital attendants were cleaning stretcher stained with my blood. Everybody was put on guard. The Miscreants traced me to the hospital & demanded that the lady brought in should be released by the hospital to be killed. This Muslim hospital saved me,hidded me away from them & I realised I was kept in a ward locked with a nurse who was given instructions not to open the ward to anyone she possibly didnt know the voice. Only the Hospital Manager, the doctor on duty & two nurses were given access to where I was.

2nd Day

I asked the only face I saw when I woke up from the "deep sleep", I said Pls who brought me. He looked at me with tears filled in his eyes & said A JTF Member brought you life-less. He said "we rejected you because you were not breathing and demanded he should not drop your body with us"

The AMRULLAH Hospital Manager said, when we refuse to take you the JTF Man dropped you on our stretcher & said you could come back that we should try.

AMRULLAH Hospital treated me & stabilised me. Then A thousand plus calls came on the Hospital Managers' Phone,they said My Family Members were dead alive & Colleagues had sleepless night.

I do have a lot to say about Kaduna State October 2018 crises. While recuperating & bn on bed rest I think when my Nurse ( My mum's eyes ) are few times away from me) I think about being carried from the Gutters by an Unknown Possibly Muslim JTF Member, I think about AMRULLAH Hospital ( a complete Muslim hospital who God used to stabilised me after coming out of deep sleep & yet not delivering me into the hands of the Hot Headed Miscreants, I think about the safety of Nigerian road users TRAVELLERS in the midst of CRISES across Nigeria

So many thoughts feeling my sutured head but I sure must put all these thoughts down...

That I am Alive alone for now ,I am grateful to God Almighty.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/journalist-who-survived-attack-during-kaduna-crisis-narrates-ordeal.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by CastedDude: 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
well that is our future, an over teeming populance of almajiris who would lynch at the drop of a hat.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by SarkinYarki: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
I am sure she was part of those saying if not Buhari who will we vote ? Never support a bigot for leadership position because you could be an indirect victim of their sectarian policies..I am so happy this lady survived Buhari and Elrufai animals

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by solihu(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
angry angry
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by solihu(m): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
angry Yours is an incurable madness! Is that all you could sum up? I bet it would have been different if she were your sister. Spit on you grin
SarkinYarki:
I am sure she was part of those saying if not Buhari who will we vote ? Never support a bigot for leadership position because you could be an indirect victim of their sectarian policies..I am so happy this lady survived Buhari and Elrufai animals

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Fivmill: 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
You were so lucky to be alive. Those miscreants don't have human sympathy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by haywire07(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hausas .

Only a few good people are from that tribe.

An average northerner which most likely is an Almajiri, has no sympathy for human life.
I sometimes don't blame them, they have no parents but grew up under Imams who whip them like a cow. Imagine a five year old being whipped with a vehicle fan belt angry

43 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by solihu(m): 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2018
grin grin here goes another chimp!
haywire07:
Hausas
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by iGist: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Olamsoh: 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Riddle me this!

The President campaigned on the failures of the past and how he would correct them.

4 years later, he’s still complaining of the past! I don’t get it!

Shouldn’t we be talking about PROGRESS made in the last 3 years

Does he want to complain for 8 years?

At events, I see upcoming artistes eager to perform a couple songs for free to prove themselves

At offices, I don't see entry-level Engineers, teachers & other skilled personnel at the reception asking to work for free for a day/week to prove why they should be hired

Why?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Flexherbal(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank God for her life!

4 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by jieta: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
I have had terrible experience living here in the north. the most recent was the one i was been chase like someone who committed adultery there thought there could catch me but i show them that am usain bolt of africa.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by kamez(m): 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
u will never understand what it means to come face to face with death and come out alive. except u have a first hand experience...

such encounters have a way of changing ur life forever..and u begin to appreciate life more...

2009 during my final year in imsu, i was chased by cultist in a case of mistaken identity. I ran like never before as I was been shot at. as I ran, I could feel and see bullets flying past me and for the first time in probably 5yrs, I prayed as I ran... somehow I escaped unhurt, and trust me, my life was never the same after that incident... just the thought of that night still sends shivers down my spine..

I'm glad she made it out alive

88 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
She is really lucky.. Thank God for her life.

5 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Kenekingisback: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buhari would not go free next year after his loss at the poll angry

He must face ICC angry

15 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by FreemanUYB(m): 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buhari !!!!! Buhari !!!! buhari !!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by davillian(m): 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Lucky you.
We thank God for giving you another chance.

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Nackzy: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
OMG, am Happy for you,
Imagine someone's sister daughter wife
Nigeria should be flushed
Then God should start everything afresh

6 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Justseyii: 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank God for life
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by nephemmy(m): 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
it ain't a good time to be Nigerian or to be in Nigeria. all ain't well, problem everywhere.Things fall apart, Lord have mercy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by CheapDataGuy: 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Naija ooo.
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by ayobanksemma: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
I thank God for ur life
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by stagger: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
An average Amajiri's life is worth nothing, so they do not consider human life as anything. For me, an Almajiri is a potential Boko Haram member of the future.

33 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by hisexcellency34: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
very unfortunate. What is the sin of this lady that they wanted to kill her?

12 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by trulygirl: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Bukasint(f): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
That's why I was happy when I heard they Soliders shot them dead. They don't deserve to live at all.. Most of them needs to die. If it's possible we fan organize international day to arrest jobless youths in the north who doesn't have certificate and harvest their organs for those who desperately needs them, organs like kidney,heart, liver,etc....
CastedDude:
A journalist and staff of Voice Of Nigeria (VON) has recounted her horrifying experience after surviving a close shave with death during the Kaduna crises few weeks back which claimed more than 50 lives with properties worth millions destroyed.

Temitope Mustapha, was travelling through Kaduna to Kano to cover the event on Media Dialogue on Equity for the Girl Child Education before being caught in the crisis. 

She took to social media to share her story. Read the lengthy piece below; 

Passing through Kaduna State on Sunday 21st of October 2018, to connect to Kano State for a two day Media Dialogue on Equity for the Girl Child Education , I never thought would end up bloody for me..

About 4:35pm ,Two times this gentleman who was in the same car with me woke me up and said "Madam stay awake" ,I replied him, see i had written stories previous nights before I embarked on this journey. Again this man woke me up and said "madam pls stay awake".

Then I opened my sleepy eyes very wide and clearly I saw Military officers seated on their vehicles. Suddenly, a fellow passenger like me said " Madam we have been making calls to know the safest road" & I said you mean this road is safe for us all? They all answered Yes. Suddenly at Kaduna By- Pass,I saw a trailer blocking the road and traffic was building up and the driver of the same car I boarded( public transport of ofcourse) beckoned on one of the youths holding a fibre of an iron, of course he responded in Hausa language & another passenger translated this to me that he wanted to find another route out of By- Pass.

Suddenly, a number of the young men sighted me in the car & my driver started pleading with them, telling them " Da Allah ki ya kuri" ,I was the only female in the car and extremely unusual of me I wore what you saw in the pictures above with an headtie ( turban)that I had on me.

RACE OF MY LIFE

The young men best described as Miscreants were more than fifteen,they started hitting the side of the car I was, Actually my head was blank, I couldn't say one word of prayer, I didn't panic and I was ready to run the race of my life.

Immediately my fellow passengers took to their heels from the front door and the left door side , then I summoned courage opened the right side door which was already confronted by men holding all manner of irons and stones. My turban ( headtie) fell off , And I started running towards an uncompleted building immediately I realised I could be finished in the building, With heavy stones landing on my back and long metallic objects hitting my body from people running after me ,I turned an thought of crossing the Gutters on Kaduna by - Pass.

O Yes I fell down with the heaviness & marathon of stones landing on my body then I watched myself being LYNCHED with all manners of iron rods, sticks and i was being stonned at the same time.

Nobody dared stopped these youths from stonning me neither was I rescued from their hands.

I actually saw one of them videoing what they were doing to me & I sincerely was running within me to catch up with breathe. Death is Painful.

I suddenly didn't not feel the hitting of the irons on my body again & the stones were no longer making sounds to me. I was hearing ,Jesus is Lord inside my Head clearly as if with a mega phone, I was seeing my mother's,my Son & my daughter's faces all at thesame time & some how I kept hearing in my head that all they were doing was not up to Labour Pains.

I crawled inside the Gutters ,of course I was already almost inside the Gutters by by-Pass. I felt peace in my body & I found solace inside the Gutters. I saw these youths gathered on the other side ,I blurringly saw a crowd of men watching me , And I saw clearly one of them carrying a stone with his two hands right over me, I raised up one hand pleading to him& making gestures appealing. That was the last I saw.

HEAVY SLEEP OVER POWERED ME

Heavy & Deep Sleep came over me inside the Gutters,the thing overpowered me & I watched my hand threw away, from this moment I didn't know what happened again ,I cannot tell what,where & anything about me again. I don't know what switched me off. I was completely switched off.

Till I woke up at AMRULLAH Hospital (also along Kaduna by-Pass )on a stretcher , I started talking telling them I am a Journalist with Voice of Nigeria and I was only passing by Kaduna State to attend a Media Dialogue in Kano State. I attempted standing from the stretcher my body didn't respond. I was asked for phone numbers , Heaven helped me to remember my younger sister's number & the father of my children's number.

AMRULLAH Hospital ...
Totally to my rescue, about six drips including flagyl & All manners were set into my system. I was revived, Head suturing were done, the young Muslim doctor was crying while suturing my head, hospital attendants were cleaning stretcher stained with my blood. Everybody was put on guard. The Miscreants traced me to the hospital & demanded that the lady brought in should be released by the hospital to be killed. This Muslim hospital saved me,hidded me away from them & I realised I was kept in a ward locked with a nurse who was given instructions not to open the ward to anyone she possibly didnt know the voice. Only the Hospital Manager, the doctor on duty & two nurses were given access to where I was.

2nd Day

I asked the only face I saw when I woke up from the "deep sleep", I said Pls who brought me. He looked at me with tears filled in his eyes & said A JTF Member brought you life-less. He said "we rejected you because you were not breathing and demanded he should not drop your body with us"

The AMRULLAH Hospital Manager said, when we refuse to take you the JTF Man dropped you on our stretcher & said you could come back that we should try.

AMRULLAH Hospital treated me & stabilised me. Then A thousand plus calls came on the Hospital Managers' Phone,they said My Family Members were dead alive & Colleagues had sleepless night.

I do have a lot to say about Kaduna State October 2018 crises. While recuperating & bn on bed rest I think when my Nurse ( My mum's eyes ) are few times away from me) I think about being carried from the Gutters by an Unknown Possibly Muslim JTF Member, I think about AMRULLAH Hospital ( a complete Muslim hospital who God used to stabilised me after coming out of deep sleep & yet not delivering me into the hands of the Hot Headed Miscreants, I think about the safety of Nigerian road users TRAVELLERS in the midst of CRISES across Nigeria

So many thoughts feeling my sutured head but I sure must put all these thoughts down...

That I am Alive alone for now ,I am grateful to God Almighty.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/journalist-who-survived-attack-during-kaduna-crisis-narrates-ordeal.html

7 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by wendixx(f): 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
embarassed embarassed

I was hearing ,Jesus is Lord inside my Head clearly as if with a mega phone,

This part touched me. Our God is still faithful to His own. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but The Lord delivers him from them all (Psalm 34).

People, scenes like this are just child's play compared to what is in store in the future for all who profess to be Children of God without having a genuine relationship with Christ Jesus.

Everyone should put their heart and live in order because if you as a CHRISTIAN is not raptured at the coming of Christ, this and worse will be the order of the day.

It is not about Buhari or any Government, but about people allowing the seed of hatred and wickedness to be planted in them.

SOLUTION? Pray! Pray!! Pray!!! and be in the right standing with God AT ALL TIMES.

I pray for quick recovery for her in Jesus name.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Assassin101: 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by googlepikins: 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
God will never let me have anything to do with northern Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos by Akpacha(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
Terrible!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sets Wife Ablaze In Ogun For Attending A Family Party (photo) / Nigerian Shot By A Nigerian In South Africa For Not Knowing Where Weed Is Sold / Apprentice Pours Hot Water On Colleague In Lagos (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.