Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested (38181 Views)

Nursing Mother Brutalises Her Maid In Anambra / Onyedika Oriaku: Nigerian Student Raped Woman In Nightclub Toilet In Wales / Woman Who Always Locks Her Maid Up For Weeks When Traveling Surrenders To Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Trizzi: 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
A 35-year-old mother of two is currently being investigated by Operatives of the Gender Unit of Lagos State Police Command for allegedly locking her housemaid inside a toilet, before leaving for church.

It was gathered that a neighbour, who felt concerned about the ordeal of the 14-year-old maid, reported to the Police, who broke the toilet door to rescue her.

Neighbour’s account

According to the concerned neighbour (names withheld), “I had to report the poor maid’s ordeal to the Police as this abuse became a recurrent thing.

She is in the habit of beating the maid and locking her in the toilet any time she was going out.”

Vanguard gathered that based on the complaint, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Ipaja Police Station, visited the house at Baruwa Estate and forced the door open to rescue the victim before the case was transferred to the Gender Unit.

The maid’s story

After her rescue the maid, who had injuries all over her body, said: “Since I started living with madam, anytime she goes out, she locks me up inside the toilet. She beats me all the time.”

Denying the allegation, the suspect, Mabel Okechukwu, said she locked up the victim in the toilet for refusing to follow her to church.

Her words: “On the fateful day of the incident, when we woke up I asked her to prepare so that we can get to church early, but she stayed in the toilet doing something else.

“After waiting for her for a while, I went into the toilet to check her only to see her doing some irrelevant things. Out of annoyance, I spanked her for avoiding going to church.

“In order to punish her for her action, I locked her inside the toilet and went to church. It was when I came back from church that I was told my neighbour reported the incident at Ipaja Police Station.

“I was told that Police broke the door to bring her out of the toilet.”

Similarly, the Command Gender Unit is investigating a case of defilement against one Nigerien national, who allegedly inserted his fingers into the private part of a 10-year-old girl. It was gathered that a concerned resident, who saw bloodstains around the girl’s genital reported the matter to the Police.

Reacting to the suspects’ arrest, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Imohimi Edgal, said that the suspects would be charged to court as soon as the investigations are concluded.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/lagos-woman-who-locks-her-maid-in.html

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by YoungLionken(m): 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2018
Some people are heartless, that's how God will continue to punish them... You have the heart to lock your helper in the toilet... You're a witch... That's why we should work hard to help our children avoid such calamity.

32 Likes

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Seconsol92(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked
Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Cindy08: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
U don't mean it

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by kidman96(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hmmm... Na wah o....

Some human beings ehn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Queenext: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Why do people maltreat housemaid.

I just don't get..

10 Likes

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by officialteemi(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
if u deny locking her up,then wat abt the wounds on her body..madam xplain

10 Likes

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Yankee101: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
Na real wicked madam
Slay mamas, young bitches turned evil witches

4 Likes

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by kamez(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
God punish that woman that will bring another persons child into my house and maltreat that child in front of me..

them no born that wife well to try such in my house..

if u re not ready to treat my house help like ur own child, then better go and bring ur younger brother or sister to act as our maid... or better still clean up the house by yourself and Im always willing to help out with the chores

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by bigkahuna704(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
God Help Us
Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by brobro: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
And you went to church to do what? Pray and dance and you think all will be accepted before God? This is wickedness and witchcraft at the highest order.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
The law should take its full course on her.

If not for democracy I would have suggested they send her to evil forest or asylum in a thick forest where nature will take its effect on her body.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by atiku4President(m): 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
ERockson:
Hell is igbo women house for housemaids. Wicked madam. I cant understand why 'madam' from that side are so cruel to their fellow disadvantaged being
I choose not to argue with an idiot as you said

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by WetinConsignMe: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
EVERYBODY is outraged by stories of child sex abuse or maltreatment, my question is, WHO THEN ARE THE PERPETRATORS??!!!

5 Likes

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Aystarz: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
imouduokalo:
I am ready to show 50 people how their smartphone can be putting between #3,000 to #50,000 into their bank account every single month, u doubt u miss out.

Check my signature

Why are you spamming this site with this thrash? Can't you make your 50k alone and in peace and stop bothering us with your 'veiled scam'?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
What I find most fascinating is dat she headed to church just after locking her up in d toilet, many Christians in Nigeria are just heartless beings who know nothing about God except what dey could gain from him, and d churches they go too are mostly too busy telling them what dey want to hear, and reminding them how too blessed they are and how prosperous they would all be, then dey pay tithe and come home feeling more holy, den continue with d same sins of last week.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by grandstar(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
ERockson:
Hell is igbo women house for housemaids. Wicked madam. I cant understand why 'madam' from that side are so cruel to their fellow disadvantaged being

Stop this nonsense! The bigotry is getting out of hand. I'm Yoruba by the way!

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by donbenie(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
ERockson:
You're a TRIBALISTIC 1DIOT,that's why you can't 'understand'. shocked grin
Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by UNRULY(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
imouduokalo:
I am ready to show 50 people how their smartphone can be putting between #3,000 to #50,000 into their bank account every single month, u doubt u miss out.

Check my signature
I'm interested
Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by Iamgrey5(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Viicfuntop:
H

Questions to the igbos in the house
1. Why are Igbo women known mostly for maltreating their maids
2. Why do you have baby factory? There is always a baby factory in each family
3. Why do your women grow beards
3. Why must you igbos always lived with your brother he hua wife? It’s so annoying. You would see a newly married couple with 7 relative in one room

No offense but all these are my observations about igbos
I always thought you were Ibo from your time in the romance section

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by writeprof(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
imouduokalo:

Check my signature

Start doing it here na! That is when you'll be rewarded the most.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Locks Her Maid In Toilet In Lagos Each Time She Goes Out, Arrested by donbenie(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Viicfuntop:
H

Questions to the igbos in the house
1. Why are Igbo women known mostly for maltreating their maids
2. Why do you have baby factory? There is always a baby factory in each family
3. Why do your women grow beards
3. Why must you igbos always lived with your brother he hua wife? It’s so annoying. You would see a newly married couple with 7 relative in one room

No offense but all these are my observations about igbos
Like someone said,better head back to the Romance section,life is not make believe..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Prince Arrested For Scamming Hundreds Of Job Seekers In New York(Pics) / Police Officer Caught On Camera Assaulting A Pregnant Woman In Lagos / Bandits Are Gang Raping Us ⁠— Zamfara Women Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.