Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie (6148 Views)

Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' / Drop it like it's hot: Nollywood First Gay Movie – "Pregnant Hawkers" / Nollywood Release Gay Movie 'pregnant Hawkers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by zebra543: 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
phreakabit:

Do you mean South Africa? HIV rampant in Nigeria?Please get you facts right! Its really appalling when dullards brush shoulders with individuals of reputable intellect. And oh i like the way you said "That country",clearly indicates you are outside the country,hey guys lets give her a round of applause, WOW,the first and only Nigerian abroad ,what an achievement  angry

Did you hit and bump your head the morning you wrote this atrocity? Are you delusional or retarded? You are obviously not aware of facts what makes you think your intelligent, Nigeria has the 2nd highest HIV/Aids rate in africa. . . check it! It was a response to the trash truly was dribbling, something gave him the idea Nigerians are moral as if admitting there are homosexuals will make a difference they already have aids! you people are fooling nobody! Dont hate on the fact i dont live in Nigeria, if you think its an acheivement thats up to you, I just thank God im highly enlightened and dont believe watching a comedy involving a homosexual man will cause a tsunami!
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
If homosexuality is an offence is Nigeria it is only right for the the movie board to ban, suspend or do whatever to it.

It appears they are in line with the Nigerian Law.

Tables, chairs, pop corn and coke cans should be thrown at Silverbird for advertising the movie
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by kabukabu(m): 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2010
cultey:

Kabukabu does!!!

You're a simpleton and a slowpoke,pal shocked.
I did not state that I would want to see a "gay" movie, but if others choose to,they should be able to.Homosexuality IS not a crime against humanity, you bigot.
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by kabukabu(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2010
OMO IBO:

If homosexuality is an offence is Nigeria it is only right for the the movie board to ban, suspend or do whatever to it.

It appears they are in line with the Nigerian Law.

Tables, chairs, pop corn and coke cans should be thrown at Silverbird for advertising the movie

Looks like someone needs a time machine to travel back to the middle ages, you would fit right in with the crowd grin.
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2010
kabukabu:

Looks like someone needs a time machine to travel back to the middle ages, you would fit right in with the crowd grin.
If you were trying to crack a joke. . . . . . . . . .you may want to try again.

If you did not understand my comment, it won't hurt you to ask for clarification.
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by kabukabu(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
OMO IBO:

If you were trying to crack a joke. . . . . . . . . .you may want to try again.

If you did not understand my comment, it won't hurt you to ask for clarification.

alright Noob,
Here is your comment>Tables,chairs,popcron and coke cans should be thrown at Siverbird for advertising the movie? :DReally.

My reply>Looks like someone needs a time machine to travel back to the middle ages,you would fit right in.

Translate to "English":
Not only would it be stupid to do that,it would be downright primitive.Siverbird is a privately owned "business enterprise",if you DON'T like what they "serve" you take your money and go somewhere else, NOT pelt them with your trash.There is free enterprise in Nigeria, and I'm pretty sure that there is nothing unlawful with them showing that movie.This is not Saudi Arabia.
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
SMH. I guess my English is a bit fey.
OK! Dude, put on your thinking cap.

Think, figure of speech.
Think, humour.

I did not mean that literally.

Geddit?? ??
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
@Kabukabu,

What is eating you up?!

Did they ask you 2 fight 4 them?!

You're ignored Mr. Kabukabu,

All the name callings you do,

Is just an act to make you feel better.

Mr. it's not necessary,

If you don't want to see the movie, as you care less about it,

Why the fussing?

You're ignored!
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by mrofficial(m): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2010
The way of God --> Ban is right!

The way of the World ---> Let people choose whether to watch it or not

Now you can see how people are saying "Let them choose what to watch"

The devil is doing things oooh.

Did anyone say this world has no end?
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 24, 2010
mr.official:

The way of God --> Ban is right!

The way of the World ---> Let people choose whether to watch it or not

Now you can see how people are saying "Let them choose what to watch"

The devil is doing things oooh.

Did anyone say this world has no end?

You are on the right track!

I think it's the fault of we, Christians;

Because we have been folding our arms,

And keeping quiet for too long!

The state of America is pitiful right now,

And many Nigerians follow in their wayward footsteps!

God forgive us!!!

But now that I know my place in God's kingdom,

I am no longer ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Wherever I see evil, I'll condemn it as evil!

Light and darkness can never unify and become grey, it's impossible!

Call a spade a spade!
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by edoreedore(m): 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2010
May almighty purnish and destroy those bastards behind the intended airing of these useless devilish nonsence gay rubish in this country, the filty makers of the film i belief are agents of darkness and should tell people what they intend to air before luring poeple to cinemas, well done sensor board. more of this please and brase up for more challenges.
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by mamagee3(f): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^Can you stop the cussing and move on?

Seriously, you should be thinking of doing something else or something not cussing people.
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by vescucci(m): 1:00am On Jul 27, 2010
Lol, the human response to that which he does not understand is to fear it. Most times the fear comes with a large helping of loathing
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by zebra543: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2010
vescucci:

Lol, the human response to that which he does not understand is to fear it. Most times the fear comes with a large helping of loathing

WORD!
Re: Censors Board Suspends Gay Movie by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
If the movie is about homosexuality, promoting homosexuality or just want us to know it exists, then, it is should not only be suspended but BANNED for live. I have always been a crusader against homosexuality, it is not in our culture and thus, must not be encouraged. Dirty thing! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is "Sango" Video By Wale Adebayo / Remember When You Were A Kid? / Download Excess Luggage Nollywood Movies On Irokotv App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.