Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,676 members, 7,955,490 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' (14613 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by airedales: 1:11am On Jul 05, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-OpAqy6Wcboc/U7cy7Ge4LdI/AAAAAAAALfQ/p-gcIgDMbWM/s1600/half-of-a-yellow-sun.png[/img]
One of the most-awaited films of this year in Nigeria "Half of a Yellow Sun" has been finally approved by the Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB).

According to Premium Times, it was made known on Friday. The movie, which had been previously banned over partially taking place during the Biafran War, will be allowed to watch only by those 18 of age.
continue............

This movie, along with more than 70 other Nollywood films was tagged "18 and above" by the censorship board.

It would be recalled that the story with ban of "Half of a Yellow Sun" caused mass disappoinment with the decision. Specifically, by the novel author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who characterized the move as "absurd".

Months after the controversies surrounding the novel-based film, it was finally approved as the one "fulfilling the regulatory conditions stipulated by the NFVCB".
More hot news @ http://www..com/2014/07/finally-nigerian-censors-approve-half.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Richiy(f): 1:16am On Jul 05, 2014
I just knew they would approve it. They just enjoy showing themselves...lol..

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by freshness2020: 2:10am On Jul 05, 2014
waited so long for this movie. Just hope it's still as
interesting as the American counterpart. Because
naija
Sabi over do things!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by NaLaugh: 4:27am On Jul 05, 2014
They never had a solid reason to ban it in the first place.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by PastorOluT(m): 4:31am On Jul 05, 2014
?
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by coolzeal(m): 4:35am On Jul 05, 2014
"The movie, which had been previously banned over partially taking place during the Biafran War". The war existed, it's our history and over 2 million Igbo's lost their lives. i wonder why they have not probe the culprits of that war/genocide.

37 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Aphex(m): 4:38am On Jul 05, 2014
Nigeria! Never stable in their decisions
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by EyezAkeem: 4:38am On Jul 05, 2014
I have been longing for this - cant wait to see ugwu, Olara, Richard and co.. The board later borrowed some sense after wasting our time uggh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Emperortj93(m): 4:39am On Jul 05, 2014
Owkay
But the only sad thing is dat, there is no cinema in ma area so all my hopes are on Alaba boys to the the needful and fast
btw, will d'banj still features on it's soundtrack?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by EyezAkeem: 4:40am On Jul 05, 2014
coolzeal: "The movie, which had been previously banned over partially taking place during the Biafran War". The war existed, it's our history and over 2 million Igbo's lost their lives. i wonder why they have not probe the culprits of that war/genocide.

And you had to exaggerate the death count ? whichever way - no victor, no vanquish.. let it slide

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by LordMecuzy(m): 4:40am On Jul 05, 2014
Why Did They Nan such A Good movie.

Mtscheeeeeew and they would be Approving all these fake nigeria 2 days movie

Kit kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 05, 2014
Did they edit the movie?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 05, 2014
Lord Mecuzy: Why Did They Nan such A Good movie.

Mtscheeeeeew and they would be Approving all these fake nigeria 2 days movie

Kit kiss kiss kiss

Internal patrol commences
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by lekanolaolu: 4:45am On Jul 05, 2014
Richiy: I just knew they would approve it. They just enjoy showing themselves...lol..
well that is true. The censors board had no better option that its approval. It was jst a showing off thing @ first
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Nelbless(m): 4:53am On Jul 05, 2014
ANY DOCUMENT MY WIFE SUSU SHOWS YOU IS FAKE. BE WARNED THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE. ODOGWU OF AWKA ETITI

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by 2map(m): 4:56am On Jul 05, 2014
Yeah... At least I should be able to see the movie if I can't get the book itself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Isiterere(m): 4:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Thank God finally they do the needful , I hope the movie is as original as it ought to be sha .
ALABA/IDUMOTA here I come .

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by gbaskiboy: 4:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Noted

long awaited movie!
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 05, 2014
Opeeeeeeeee oooooooooooo.
Thank you God.
*Giggling*
Can't wait to see the film grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Big4wig(m): 5:10am On Jul 05, 2014
Can't wait for the pirate version cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Psalmwellcology: 5:12am On Jul 05, 2014
Have you been searching for nollywood movies like:- Room 027, IJÉ (The Journey), Mr & Mrs, Two Brides And A Baby, House Of Gold, Pretty Liars, Last Flight To Abuja, Mad Sex, Azonto Classics, Shakira; WAZO, Ipe, Diamond, Ahon, Latifat, Ijoba Ose Kan, Aranbada, Akisa, Adebimpe, Oritoke, Kijipa Ife, Salako Alagbe,........ Etc?!!!
Download these and more here:-
http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
NO registration needed.... Just download as you please.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by waternogetenemy: 5:16am On Jul 05, 2014
Beyi i hope say u no settle. Naija will never change. Nyway, enjoy the movie. I have already seen it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by englishmart(m): 5:29am On Jul 05, 2014
Wow!
In panda's voice " that's not my fight"
Those people (anuwood) sorry I mean nollywood still think we wach their movies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 05, 2014
I see no reason why Nigerian Government are always hellbent to hide anything relating to Biafra ...

If all things are actually equal Biafran woulda been forgiven by younger generations but Nigerian Government and her uncivilised way of Approaching issues !!

America Bombed two Territories of Japan with Atomic rendering all lives and non-lives 'lifeless' ... Japs and America are one of the best ally today and the event is always commemorated yearly while Americans are always in attendance ...... No ill feelings !!!

It was a civil war , lives were lost and we should acknowledged that, Infact that day the war ended should be declared a national holiday so the whole Nigeria can sympathize with fellow brothers across Niger crycrycrycry ...

29 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by justi4jesu(f): 5:41am On Jul 05, 2014
indecisive Niaija undecided
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by YoursGEJ(m): 5:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Jobless people. If na Mr IBU on Facebook or another kind yeye movie, dem for don approve am since
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by DesChyko: 5:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Great news for my eyes and the producers...
But either you or your source need to work on your writing skills. Had to read this carefully to get the real story.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by cirmuell(m): 5:50am On Jul 05, 2014
Na Laugh: They never had a solid reason to ban it in the first place.
they are confused bunch bro! undecided better late than never anyway.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Onyenna(m): 5:52am On Jul 05, 2014
,,,,,Aarrrrgh!!! Finally!!!..... I can't wait to see this movie......
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by aryzgreat: 5:52am On Jul 05, 2014
Idiats! Na una go tire! All those yeye censors board cows that get nervous on hearing any biafra news. How do u heal d wound when u suppress history! Anofias!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by nebeolisa(m): 5:57am On Jul 05, 2014
I av waited enough tank God I can watch it now ..........Letz go Dia
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Neldrizzy(m): 5:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Make una wait, i de watch por.n movie... If i finish i go come comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Movies Made You Cry? / Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / Watch Unlimited Nollywood Movies Without Using Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.