Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs (23561 Views)

“The Suffering Boy Has Graduated”- Man Who Did Menial Jobs To Sponsor His School / 2019 WAEC Overall Best Candidate, Favour Movel Gets FG, Plateau Govt Scholarship / Federal Govt Scholarship 2018 Interview Date Postponed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by 12345DKO(m): 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
Kindly send your message to President Atiku Abubakar and he will look into it ASAP as he did with the amputee super eagles.
Former president Buhari whose tenure ends 29th May, 2019, is busy drafting his hand over note as well as constituting his transition committee so he may not be able to attend to the plight of you people.
Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by DAYOODS(m): 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
They should thank God they are even abroad. That should they pls continue their menial job ooh. If they come Nigeria peren! them go know the difference between Rice and beans
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by hapholaby: 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
FSB are also owing us (2012/2013 scholars) too.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by madridsta007(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.
So Goodluck Jonathan did not consider these ones before he timidly threw in the throwel.

And some misfits dare refer to him as a hero of democracy.
Shame on you GEJ.

Other dimwits will now blame Buhari for this people's misfortune.
It is right of Buhari for not interceding. PRESSID was a GEJ initiative.

These stranded scholarship recipients should channel their complaints to GEJ who is morally obligated to ensure their total welfare.

Sadly, it is because of Buhari thinks along these extremely narrow and insular lines of yours— who started it, who does it benefit— that these Nigerian graduates, caught in between this unfortunate scuffle and incompetence have taken to the streets to beg.

However you want to twist it, note that this is not a GEJ scholarship. This is not a Buhari scholarship. It is a scholarship from the Presidency for youths of Nigerian origin.

Do you care about Nigerians at all?

The PRESSID scholarship were for the best amongst the bests. The 1sts among first classes. The types that many nations would long to have. Because of politics, religion and tribe, they have taken to the streets. They sent a letter to Osinbajo but, sadly, Osinbajo’s hands are tied in matters as this. The Presidency of Buhari and Kyari will only be moved to respond if (1) the names are from areas or religion they feel is right (2) if there is a sustained international cry and coverage.

I have a few friends under the PRESSID and I’ve told them to do what is expedient for their surviva. Send letters to institutions of other countries, to their embassies with their academic profile and research contents. Offer to partner with them and to change their research aim and objectives if need be. Offer to go there after graduation. Countries will willingly take you in— they are always looking for talents. A friend of mine under PRESSID has done this and a certain 1st world Asian country have taken over his sponsorship and offered him a place after graduation.

Nigeria as it currently is has no place or space for bright minds. It feeds on its bright youths— with mediocre youths as enablers, as purveyors.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2018
But senators recieve their allowances steady. What is the essence of Npower when the govt can’t settle these scholars. Why do new govt find it hard to continue the initiatives of the previous especially when it’s an opposition.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by ololade5597: 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
Seriously,we are our enemy see wat everyone is saying on this platform, is that the next solution?? You all are not happy because they achieve success you couldn’t achieve, now they are stucked the only for you to start making jest of them common guys I don’t blame whites for racism,Jews are right about us... most of us pray for our brothers higher than us to fall...when sha that’s why I don’t have friends since they all laugh at my problem instead of helping all because I was able to afford an iPhone same as u people here .....let’s be our brothers keeper ......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by jamjo: 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.
So Goodluck Jonathan did not consider these ones before he timidly threw in the throwel.

Shame on you GEJ.

These stranded scholarship recipients should channel their complaints to GEJ who is morally obligated to ensure their total welfare.
This is not about PDP or APC, it is about being responsible.

Really are you stupid or just pretending to be ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by millionboi2: 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2018
SaintHilary:
They should come bk na
Dey dere dey carry banner uppandan angry
d tin tire me ooo

Hahaha
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by greenprince(m): 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2018
gcof:
until you are stranded abroad

They won't understand. It's a different thing... when you have absolutely no one to turn to even for a day's meal, and you probably don't speak the local language... it can be deadly. You'll just be a disaster waiting to happen
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by phase1: 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2018
Buhari is very wicked. He can't fund the tuition of these bright stars but can buy 55 million naira bike for jobless and lazy yusuf buhari to crash while his daughter is smuggled into NNPC as a member of the board.

You all better kick out that certificateless numbskull called dumbuhari and vote ATiku, a man who values education and even paid through his nose to own university.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by juniorstar(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2018
We dont value what we have..i guess this guys must be our best brains..anyway this isnt the first time such is happening

Have u ever wondered the origin of advanced fee fraud aka 419...this was how it all started..if i must tell you an open secret these guys are hot, they are smart please dont let them resort to crime...dont let them cause further damage to our already poor international rating.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by anigold(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.

Shame on you GEJ.

why was the waec-less president not able to continue the scholarship. Uwafid
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2018
ShakurMY:
Some wailers will still blame Buhari for this
If Buhari is not blame who are they going to blame. This is federal scholarship and he is the president of Nigeria not Jonathan.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by obonujoker(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
Who cares, let me collect my 30k Loyalist fee from baba Tifnubu, and go back to sleep in my 1-room apartment in Idi-oro, mushin.... mtcheww grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by obonujoker(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
Who cares, let me collect my 30k Loyalist fee from baba Tifnubu, and go back to sleep in my 1-room apartment in Idi-oro, mushin, and prepare my propaganda slides for the next day.... mtcheww grin
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by udz: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
Yeye Chinedu, na only u dey Nigeria? U finish masters wry u go just find work, na PhD dey hungry u. Ok na..
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Bush2013: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.

Shame on you GEJ.

na mumu dey worry u
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Malawian(m): 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
See idiots wey don already dey obodo oyibo still dey loud voice. Honestly, if i find myself over there, i can never be poor again in my life.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Gerrard59(m): 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2018
Was this not the same scholarship program that made northern representatives in the NASS complain about lack of federal character? That there were lots of Igbos and Yorubas; CU, UNN, Unilag, UI etc. students on the list? That the previous Minister of Education, Wike, cheated the north?

Funny enough, it was reported that some of the scholars supported Buhari in 2015.

Nigeria's Rhodes-like scholarship gone like that. cry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by mrkia(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
This is serious! But truth be told this is singular reason why we can't but to talk about the mismanagement of the past administrations which got to it's nip during the initiator of this particular program that's Gej.

I want to see how PDP & thier supporters will still blame PMB for this one knowing fully well that you people have always hinged your criticism on the fact that PMB hasn't initiated any new program and that all He's been doing is just building on what Gej had initiated.

The real issue is that there's not been enough to channel in that direction. Gej admnstn emptied our treasury...
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Duru009(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.

Shame on you GEJ.

Big fool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Gerrard59(m): 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
mrkia:
This is serious! But truth be told this is singular reason why we can't but to talk about the mismanagement of the past administrations which got to it's nip during the initiator of this particular program that's Gej.

I want to see how PDP & thier supporters will still blame PMB for this one knowing fully well that you people have always hinged your criticism on the fact that PMB hasn't initiated any new program and that all He's been doing is just building on what Gej had initiated.

The real issue is that there's been enough to channel in that direction. Gej admnstn emptied our treasury...

If you think you made an iota of sense, then you must be living in Lalaland. Why did Buhari's government stop the sponsorship? What logical reason can be given to do such? How about paying for the rest instead of allowing them turn to vagrants in someone's land?

Buhari's supporters are brainless folks! All of una!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by XaviDayo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2018
They offered to bring you charlatans back to Naija and enrol you cows in a Nigerian university and you all refused.

Stay there and be doing menial jobs. You are supposed to be heckling Buhari who decided to abandon what GEJ started.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by on4a: 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
Hisxellency:
APC Sponsored this!!! They wanna dent GEJ's image.

it is not sponsored, we just need our money. This is the problem, our voices are being clouded by politics, very unfair....you know what it means to stay in a foreign land without no promise of your income and so much debts
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by hardywaltz(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
While GEJ was paying 100% for Airports, moselume roads etc he didn't find it worthy to pay 100% for the best brains
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by obaseno(m): 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is so sad.

Shame on you GEJ.

bro what you should be saying is that there is no continuety in the presidency...every body introduces his own style and never continues where the last leader stoped....we would be better off if this was considered
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by obaseno(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2018
Duru009:

Big fool
my brother indeed he is a very big fool
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by on4a: 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
XaviDayo:
They offered to bring you charlatans back to Naija and enrol you cows in a Nigerian university and you all refused.

Stay there and be doing menial jobs. You are supposed to be heckling Buhari who decided to abandon what GEJ started.

Who offered to bring who back? Where did you hear that? It could work if the government offers to bring us back but how do you pay for the wasted years? Considering many of us left what we were doing back home for this?

...Don't be wicked Dayo and talk anyhow. you are too young for that, you have a lot of life ahead of you..don't write anyhow about what you know not of.
Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by akiOYIBO: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2018
Goodluck Jonathan was pressured by Hausa Fulani sometime before 2014 election that the PRESSID should be abolished. They sighted their reason as failure of the initiative to comply with Federal Character since northerners could not make the list. In case you do not know, the PRESSID is an initiative whereby first class holders of all regions come together to prove their worth before being sent abroad for studies. Its a pity northerners could not make anything in Nigeria without the help of Federal Character. With Federal Character, Nigeria will continue to be a sh!thole, Nigeria will never know progress with Federal Character. It is a law designed to restrict and cage the succesful Southern Nigerians with the unsuccesful devilish Hausa Fulani northern Nigeria. In USA nobody cares if u are from Caliphornia or Washinton. Nobody asks you your local government or state of origin, nobody asks you for a referee, what they know is- you are American and you are entitled to anything. They are today the world power.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Jonathan Govt Scholarship Abandoned Abroad, Resort To Menial Jobs by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2018
on4a:
I am one of this scholars and the pain is unbearable. Please help us make this viral. cry

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/31/nigerians-jonathan-govt-scholarships-abandoned-abroad-resort-menial-jobs

This worthless old generation of wicked, corrupt and heartless people don't have anything to offer the young ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Same Yoruba Words But Different Meanings / The Cruelty Of Most School Owners / Mathematics Challenge: 50% Will Fail This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.