Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot (996 Views)

Bots On Nairaland. / What Are The Best Offshore Software Development Companies To Develop Customized / How To Create Twitter Bots - It's Very Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot by udilaw: 2:35am On Nov 09, 2018
A group of some of China’s smartest students have been recruited straight from high school to begin training as the world’s youngest AI weapons scientists.

The 27 boys and four girls, all aged 18 and under, were selected for the four-year “experimental programme for intelligent weapons systems” at the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) from more than 5,000 candidates, the school said on its website.

The BIT is one of the country’s top weapons research institutes, and the launch of the new programme is evidence of the weight it places on the development of AI technology for military use.

China is in competition with the United States and other nations in the race to develop deadly AI applications – from nuclear submarines with self-learning chips to microscopic robots that can crawl into human blood vessels.

“These kids are all exceptionally bright, but being bright is not enough,” said a BIT professor who was involved in the screening process but asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the subject.

“We are looking for other qualities such as creative thinking, willingness to fight, a persistence when facing challenges,” he said. “A passion for developing new weapons is a must … and they must also be patriots.”

Each student will be mentored by two senior weapons scientists, one from an academic background and the other from the defence industry, according to the programme’s brochure.

After completing a short programme of course work in the first semester, the students will be asked to choose a speciality field, such as mechanical engineering, electronics or overall weapon design. They will then be assigned to a relevant defence laboratory where they will be able to develop their skills through hands-on experience.

One of the students is Qi Yishen from east China’s Shandong province, who said he had had a keen interest in guns and weapons since he was a young boy and enjoyed reading books and magazines on the subject.

As well as being offered an interview for the BIT programme he was in the running for a place at Tsinghua University, one of China’s top seats of learning, but both visits were scheduled for the same day.

“When I arrived in Beijing, I loitered at the railway station for a long time. But then I went to BIT … I couldn’t resist the attraction,” he was quoted as saying on the institute’s website.

He said his decision was also influenced by his father, who wanted him to work in the defence industry.

See details here...>>>https://www.infomaza.com/ai-killer-bots

Re: AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:39am On Nov 09, 2018
China: Technology headquarter of the world!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot by emperorizzy(m): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2018
I wonder why we see these things but don't even try to learn from them. Our university project topics are wack, the few that are innovative are not implemented. SOS!
Re: AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot by Ayemileto(m): 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2018
Hmmn. I just hope this people don't build stuffs that we end up destroying the human race.

While A.I can be good for defense, Can they really prevent it from Virus Attacks?

Even most Antivirus software companies always have to identify a virus before they can develop a cure or prevention.

This simply means people who code computer viruses are always ahead.

Now imagine someone taking over a country's fully automated weapon system.
Re: AI ‘killer Bots’: Bright Chinese Children Recruited To Develop Killer Bot by afonja112: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2018
Maybe them go don blow trumpet before they release all these hire assassin robots into the streets. This was the kind of thing will smith was talking about in "I Robot".

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of OSANG DANIEL MITCHEL A Scammer / Please How Can I Get Free Hosting For My Website. / Join the Latest Social network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.