Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD (3268 Views)

All New 2018 Audi A6 Unveiled And It's Superb (photos) / The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) / 20 Supercars Slower Than The New 2018 BMW M5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by senatrpaichulo(m): 9:08am On Nov 09, 2018
From statistics, there are more cars in Lagos than any other part of the country. Nigerians are generally car lovers. This thread is not for the percentage who love tokunbo cars but it will name you see reasons why buying brand new super Cars outside the country is better than buying from registered car lots in Nigeria.

CUTTING COST: it takes time to sell lets take for example Lexus LX570 2018(VXR) bullet proof. it takes about 65million naira to bring the car to Nigeria +clearing might be 100million. the car is sold for 140million in Nigeria. So if you buy outside. you save 40 million naira.

CUSTOMIZED LUXURY: You'll have a choice of making sure your car comes with every luxury you choose. The ones in Nigeria might not be to your standard.

COMPLETE CUSTOM DUTY PAPERS: Some Car dealers because they want to make profit pass through the windows to get your papers therefore dodging due processes. The costlier the custom papers, The costlier the Car. You can get same Car for less, but some come with 5million naira Custom paper, some 20million naira.

you can drop your opinions.

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by ehinmowo: 4:13am On Nov 11, 2018
Speaking of brand new.

We have Rolls Royce Phantom 2019 already shipped to Lagos for sale. All expenes paid.
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:47am On Nov 11, 2018
You're talking absolute trash. How many people can afford a brand new car?

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Actually I think op was talking about people that can afford brand new cars. I think he made some good points. Many of the brand new cars sold in Nigeria at the dealerships are stripped down version and are sold more expensive than buying fully specd versions from the US. Also buying from the US u can add options u like which is not available at the dealerships here. My concern though is whether warranty covers brand new cars purchased from abroad in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:36am On Nov 11, 2018
greenhulk:

Actually I think op was talking about people that can afford brand new cars. I think he made some good points. Many of the brand new cars sold in Nigeria at the dealerships are stripped down version and are sold more expensive than buying fully specd versions from the US. Also buying from the US u can add options u like which is not available at the dealerships here. My concern though is whether warranty covers brand new cars purchased from abroad in Nigeria.

Ah, apologies OP. My comment was in bad taste. You're right. wink
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 9:00am On Nov 11, 2018
greenhulk:

It doesn't and that's the major ish in buying brand new cars and having it shipped to Nigeria. Once the car is bought and exported out of the USA, warranty doesn't cover it again.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by thebigkendo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
sacramento1212:

It doesn't and that's the major ish in buying brand new cars and having it shipped to Nigeria. Once the car is bought and exported out of the USA, warranty doesn't cover it again.

Can one export a brand new car from USA?? I mean 0-20 miles brand new
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Yes sir.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by Arrow144(m): 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
sir do you bring car's for people on special order.....
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by Readonee35L(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

this depends on many factors
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by thebigkendo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
Readonee35L:

this depends on many factors

Educate me please..
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

No. It has been illegal for years. The dealership will get fined. It's to protect sales of overseas dealerships which were getting decimated by imports from USA

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
sacramento1212:

Yes sir.

No you can't. You would have to buy new, title it, then hold for a year before you can ship it
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2018
radautoworks:

No you can't. You would have to buy new, title it, then hold for a year before you can ship it

Says who? Where did you get this theory from. So all the brand new cars coming into the country, where are they coming from? Are they being smuggle into the country? Again, I stand by my previous response that YES YOU CAN.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by thebigkendo(m): 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
radautoworks:

No. It has been illegal for years. The dealership will get fined. It's to protect sales of overseas dealerships which were getting decimated by imports from USA

radautoworks:

Exactly my thought but I disagree with the term "illegal"
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

I still disagree completely with her post anyway. Individuals are purchasing brand new cars from the USA to Nigeria without having to wait for a certain duration before that vehicle will be exported to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Fastshipping, I need your input
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by senatrpaichulo(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
I am sorry for talking trash. it's actually the knowledge I've accumulated in years. I said the post is for the few that can afford brand new cars. but I basically deal in armoured cars of which I can help you save millions trying to get one. I have other cars(Nigerian used and tokunbo) for sale too

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by LeJeun3: 10:48pm On Nov 11, 2018

Say what you like, you cannot buy a brand new car abroad and ship it to Nigeria anymore....

Dealerships have clamped down on it.

Car has to be used in the abroad first.

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by dru23(m): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Educate me please..

To my own understanding you can't buy brand new car to export . You have to buy the car fully paid in full and than you have to register it with the motor vehicle of your state.. Obviously once the car is register, it is no longer considered brand new.

After 30days or so , you will now receive the title in the mail. You can than export the car ...but the car will no longer be considered brand new o .. The title will always have the first owner's name on it ..basically immediately you paid the full amount of the car... it is on record that you are the first owner.. A first owner, can't turn the car around and sell it has new o

Few years ago ..a friend that I know .he wanted to buy a brand new accord clean from the factory via dealership. So he wanted to export the car to naija.. He was told that he can't do it ...so they suggested to go and register and put the car on the road ..I don't know what happened after that.. Didn't bother to ask o.
But my guess was that. Once he received the title from motor vehicle registrar, he was than allow to ship the car.. But the car is no longer considered brand new...
I can recall now that the dealership ask my friend, what country he wanted to export the car to ..he told them Nigeria.. And he was told that Honda has dealership in Nigeria.. And they didn't want him to compete with Honda in Nigeria.. Something along that line. The story get has it be

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by dru23(m): 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2018
LeJeun3:

Say what you like, you cannot buy a brand new car abroad and ship it to Nigeria anymore....

Once the car is registered in Yankee, it is considered used o
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by diportivo: 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
I have read the opening statement over and over again

there's no USA in the write up

how you guys have now turned this thread to buying from USA Vs buying in naija is beyond me

if Una nor turn comparison thread to Toyota versus the rest,any abroad wey Una see must turn yankee angry

na swear

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 1:34am On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

I used to work for two car dealerships and still have contacts. The last three cars in my family, we had to buy demos with less than 5000 miles that had been titled because there dealers are no longer allowed to see brand new vehicles for import.

It is not enough to title it. It also has to change title once if you don't want to wait.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 1:34am On Nov 12, 2018
LeJeun3:

Thank you. Dealerships even stamp "not for export" on the title now.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/307/~/requirements-for-exporting-a-vehicle-%28including%3A-snowmobile%2C-atv-and-motorcycle%29

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140721/LEGALFILE/307219975/selling-vehicles-for-export-angers-automakers-but-is-it-illegal%3F

http://www.customsesq.com/exporting-new-and-used-vehicles-from-the-united-states-to-an-overseas-buyer/

To answer your question about how people do it::
https://qz.com/153195/how-to-export-bmws-from-the-us-to-china-for-fun-and-profit-note-this-is-possibly-illegal/
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 2:08am On Nov 12, 2018
radautoworks:

I used to work for two car dealerships and still have contacts. The last three cars in my family, we had to buy demos with less than 5000 miles that had been titled because there dealers are no longer allowed to see brand new vehicles for import.

It is not enough to title it. It also has to change title once if you don't want to wait.

Hmmmm...this is serious then. I guess this is a new development.
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 3:09am On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

Hmmmm...this is serious then. I guess this is a new development.

It's been like that for about ten years or so
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by FastShipping: 8:50am On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

I can ship any vehicle as long as it's fully paid for. It doesn't matter if it's 2018 or 2019 model. I just shipped one brand new Benz last week.

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by sacramento1212: 9:01am On Nov 12, 2018
FastShipping:

I can ship any vehicle as long as it's fully paid for. It doesn't matter if it's 2018 or 2019 model. I just shipped one brand new Benz last week.

Thanks for your input sir. Radautoworks, can you now see my point? That's why i decided to invite this reliable shipper into this discuss. It's now again confirmed that a brand new car can be shipped into Nigeria. If you know your way, it definitely will come in.
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by senatrpaichulo(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2018
LeJeun3:

I've imported not less than five brand new cars this year. recently the car I used as an example. Lexus LX570 armoured... stop speculating when you don't know. anyway I imported from Canada and Germany. be guided!
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
sacramento1212:

Thanks for your input sir. Radautoworks, can you now see my point? That's why i decided to invite this reliable shipper into this discuss. It's now again confirmed that a brand new car can be shipped into Nigeria. If you know your way, it definitely will come in.

Ask him if it was titled previously or not and if the dealer knew it was for export. Also, what country did it come from? My facts are about the USA. Did you read the first link which is the official government customs site?

Also, why does a new car have a dent? Obviously it wasn't straight from dealer and if it was and they keep doing it, sooner or later they will catch up to them. A word is enough for the wise. Do what you want.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
senatrpaichulo:
I've imported not less than five brand new cars this year. recently the car I used as an example. Lexus LX570 armoured... stop speculating when you don't know. anyway I imported from Canada and Germany. be guided!

We were taking about USA not Germany or Canada
Re: Why It Is Better To Buy Brand-new 2018 Cars ABROAD by radautoworks: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

I'm on the fence about it too. The act itself is not but assets can be frozen because of it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car WAX, Sealant / How To Save Money On Fuel (car Owners) / Latest Cars In Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.