Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. (3220 Views)

The Reality Of Life After Graduation / Uniabuja Tallest Student “evidence” Shows Off His Modelling Skills In New Photos / Uniabuja Economics Students Sign Out In Style, Storm Gwagwalada Major Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2018
HAPPY WEEKEND NAIRALANDERS!

I used to think that the school in the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria should be one of the best in the country, alas! I was wrong, deeply wrong!

I realized this when I was considering the University as my first choice in this year's concluded UTME exam. I searched almost every Nairaland thread that is related to the school to try to find some positives about the school but found NONE!

Well, I decided to try out other platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp), the narrative about the school was no different from Nairaland.

The truth is, Nairalanders showed the school for what it is. It is quite bad and saddening. I hope and pray the school improves and become what it should be - one of the best in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2018
I've heard that the current VC is working hard to develop the School

UNIABUJA students should come in please...
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2018
WinningEleven:
Space booker Lol
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by WinningEleven(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2018
frankosivue:
Space booker Lol
I'm coming back to comment bro
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2018
WinningEleven:
I'm coming back to comment bro
Okay Sir. Anticipating.....
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nicklaus619(m): 11:53am On Nov 10, 2018
Dude, the truth is that this is Nigeria and university of Abuja just like any other university in Nigeria have their short comings, I am a current student in uniabuja, economics 400l and I can tell u without any sense of sentiment that uniabuja is getting better, because our current VC hands are on deck to make the school better, check the school accredited courses and compare it to other schools, check the school Achievement over the recent years and compare it to other public uni, check out the course Ur applying for and seek for advice from past student of uniabuja in ya field and get quality advice from them.
Ps: no school is better it all depends on you the student. I hope this helps. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by christejames(m): 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
Don't make your conclusion from the opinions of few people you read from online. To have a better assessment, I would advise you to visit the school yourself to have first hand survey on what you want.

As far as I'm concerned, Nigerian tertiary institutions (but private and public) have little or nothing to talk about except for the negligible few.
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by IamShiningStar(f): 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nicklaus619:
Dude, the truth is that this is Nigeria and university of Abuja just like any other university in Nigeria have their short comings, I am a current student in uniabuja, economics 400l and I can tell u without any sense of sentiment that uniabuja is getting better, because our current VC hands are on deck to make the school better, check the school accredited courses and compare it to other schools, check the school Achievement over the recent years and compare it to other public uni, check out the course Ur applying for and seek for advice from past student of uniabuja in ya field and get quality advice from them.
Ps: no school is better it all depends on you the student. I hope this helps. Cheers
pls kindly confirm/ verify if they have started admitting law students again after the suspension placed on them some years back? Cos someone wants to put them as first choice, law in this jamb! plus, is their admission process based on merit?
pls any one who has firsthand info on the above could also be of help, to aid us make good decisions.
thanks and God bless.

cc
mynd, lalastical (hope I got this correctly, lol)
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nicklaus619:
wow! God bless you for your honesty. I hope the school keeps getting better. How is their Computer science department?
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by wongpre(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nicklaus619:

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
IamShiningStar:
pls kindly confirm/ verify if they have started admitting law students again after the suspension placed on them some years back? Cos someone wants to put them as first choice, law in this jamb! plus, is their admission process based on merit?
pls any one who has firsthand info on the above could also be of help, to aid us make good decisions.
thanks and God bless.

cc
mynd, lalastical (hope I got this correctly, lol)
hmmm. On the school admission process, honestly speaking I "think" it is NOT based on merit...
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
christejames:
Don't make your conclusion from the opinions of few people you read from online. To have a better assessment, I would advise you to visit the school yourself to have first hand survey on what you want.

As far as I'm concerned, Nigerian tertiary institutions (but private and public) have little or nothing to talk about except for the negligible few.
Yes. I think you're right. Thanks for your inputs.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by IamShiningStar(f): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
frankosivue:
hmmm. On the school admission process, honestly speaking I "think" it is NOT based on merit...
ok! thanks! what of the other question about law students admittance? are you aware of any info as regards that? +, are you a student in the said uni?
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
IamShiningStar:
ok! thanks! what of the other question about law students admittance? are you aware of any info as regards that? +, are you a student in the said uni?
I can't answer the other questions because I am not a student. I only used to be an aspirant which made me to have some information about the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nicklaus619(m): 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
wongpre:
Ex student from Econs ( greatest NESA). HOPE mallam Issa is still tormenting you guys in the dept. How about Dr Okorafor.?

Lols mr okafor has been promoted since 2016, he took us on maths for econs in 100l and econometrics in 300l,
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Elzak(m): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
A foreigner trying to school in Nigeria would probably try to consider the university of Abuja ober the others. I think university of Abuja should be better than it is now. Sometimes I wonder if attention is paid to it all
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 5:00am On Nov 11, 2018
Elzak:
A foreigner trying to school in Nigeria would probably try to consider the university of Abuja ober the others. I think university of Abuja should be better than it is now. Sometimes I wonder if attention is paid to it all
exactly my thought...
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 11, 2018
[s]
Nicklaus619:
[/s]
This is how they persuade aspirant into the evil they themselves wish they never got into.

2 Likes

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2018
frankosivue:
Yes. I think you're right. Thanks for your inputs.
That advise is mischievous. There is no way on earth an aspirant can make meaningful enquiries himself by visiting the school. He would only know the rots in the system after he must have been admitted can't escape the terror. Only foolish people learn from experience, wise ones learn from history. The history is everywhere online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 11, 2018
Frankosvue, what a uniabuja student would tell you is the same as what a LAUTECH student would. They would both say their schools are cool and you have to be there to find out. You really don't want to be there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nicklaus619(m): 8:11am On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:

This is how they persuade aspirant into the evil they themselves wish they never got into.

Your insensitivity and low sense of judgement and beclouded mindset amazes me. Go ask graduates from uniabuja and stop making a fool out of ya self, I am a student and I only shared my experience with Oop.
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 9:29am On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:

That advise is mischievous. There is no way on earth an aspirant can make meaningful enquiries himself by visiting the school. He would only know the rots in the system after he must have been admitted can't escape the terror. Only foolish people learn from experience, wise ones learn from history. The history is everywhere online.
hmmm.
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2018
Nicklaus619:

Your insensitivity and low sense of judgement and beclouded mindset amazes me. Go ask graduates from uniabuja and stop making a fool out of ya self, I am a student and I only shared my experience with Oop.

I met one myself. He graduated but didn't see his final results for a long time, not to talk of statement or certificate. Don't you think you're being hyper sensitive instead?
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nicklaus619(m): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:

I met one myself. He graduated but didn't see his final results for a long time, not to talk of statement or certificate. Don't you think you're being hyper sensitive instead?

So you are using one scenario to make a conclusion U make me laugh
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 11:23am On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:

This is serious o
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nicklaus619:

So you are using one scenario to make a conclusion U make me laugh

Should I draw my conclusion from only your own point of view instead? Everyone is saying it on the internet, I told you of an alumnus I met who gave similar narrative. What else do you want?
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by frankosivue(m): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
writerights:
Frankosvue, what a uniabuja student would tell you is the same as what a LAUTECH student would. They would both say their schools are cool and you have to be there to find out. You really don't want to be there.
I am in another University now.

1 Like

Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by Mouhstorph5(m): 9:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
I found this thread.

It nice and at the same time, nauseating reading the comments here.

I'd update my comment in few days time.
Re: UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School. by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 9:09am On Jan 28, 2023
frankosivue:
I've heard that the current VC is working hard to develop the School

UNIABUJA students should come in please...

For your reliable and quality academic project ,contact me on 09037741847

(1) (Reply)

2018/2019 Chevening Scholarship / Kindly Assist With This Quantitative Reasoning Task. / Reactions As Corp Member Uses His Bare Hands To Pull Toyota Truck (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.