Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg (10215 Views)

Study In Canada (quebec) For Only $3,000 Tuition / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by Tunadexy(m): 8:51am On Nov 12, 2018
grin grin
Abeg let the strike continue jare

Who wants to die of work? grin smiley
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by theoldpretender(m): 9:03am On Nov 12, 2018
Whatever the FG says, or ASUU says....fee increases are inevitable.

The 2009 agreement put funding needed at N3trillion over 2years.The new 2013 agreement puts funding at N1 trillion over 5 years.

That tells me that there isn't enough money...and as a result fees have to go up.

Yes,I hate to say this,but Nigeria doesn't have enough cash. We probably need at least N5 trillion to fund all sectors of education adequately. Probably more...so that we don;t have to pay high fees. And our budget is N9 trillion.

So,either we pay high fees,or higher taxes,or keepon with free education,at the cost of quality.....while the rich port to private and foreign schools to get better quality degrees....and the poor we are supposed to be helping get bad degrees.
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by vince2016(m): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2018
jmaine:

Only an idiot will come out to say this. You must be one of those who doesn't value education but rather is an economic almajiri dependent on the government 5k per month for the most vulnerable.

Our lecturers are highly ineffective so asking for more money is a waste!! They are part of the education rot in Nigeria!!
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 12, 2018
We all know that these allegations are true. What do you expect when you have an imposter for a president.
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by jmaine: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2018
vince2016:

Our lecturers are highly ineffective so asking for more money is a waste!! They are part of the education rot in Nigeria!!

Use 'My lecturers are highly ineffective" cos mine were very impactful and effective and they deserve way better than what they have currently.
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by michoim(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
So, ASUU now want the FG to use all Nigeria money to fund education. What a dumb ASUU: as if ASUU no go school?
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by jmaine: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
michoim:
So, ASUU now want the FG to use all Nigeria money to fund education. What a dumb ASUU: as if ASUU no go school?

But people like Baru and Buhari can pocket billions of dollars in petrol Subsidy scam.
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by engrsyer(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
I rather school in abroad with this said amount of school fees than schooling in Nigeria with this same amount.
ASUU my ass
MrAJQ:
By Mike Ebonugwo

The Federal Government negotiating team has appealed to the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, to return to the negotiating table, while denying that it has proposed the imposition of N350,000 and N500,000 as tuition fees to be paid per annum by undergraduates.

Speaking with newsmen in Lagos, weekend, Chairman of the team, Dr. Wale Babalakin, dismissed the figures as not only incorrect and contradictory, but also a figment of the imagination of ASUU officials peddling them around the country.

He said: “We do not know from where ASUU got the figures that it has been peddling around the country. Aside from the fact that our committee has no power to impose fees on students, we are at a loss regarding the source of the said figures.”

Babalakin disclosed that while the committee regarded dialogue with ASUU as the most effective way of resolving contentious issues bordering on the industrial dispute, it currently had little choice but to respond to “allegations” and “the inaccurate narratives” that had been consistently provided by ASUU’s President and some zonal heads in a bid to misinform and mislead members of the public on the true situation regarding university education in Nigeria.

He also accused ASUU officials of inundating the public with suggestions that he, as chairman of the Federal Government Renegotiating Committee, was pursuing a personal agenda.

Babalakin said: “All I have expressed are the collective views of the Federal Government Negotiating Team.

“Going by the figures provided by ASUU, Nigeria requires over N2 trillion per annum to fund university education.

“This figure exceeds the total amount available for all capital projects in Nigeria, including health, infrastructure, security and others.

“No doubt, if the money were available for university education as ASUU has insisted it is, the government will have no difficulty in spending it on university education.

“However, as it is, government cannot ignore all other areas of expendi-ture that require funding.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/ASUU-strike-claims-of-n350000-n500000-tuition-fees-untrue-babalakin/
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
IF I SHALL BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NAIJA ASUU MUST BE DISSOLVED HABA WHY NOW I REMEMBER ONE ONE OF MY UNCLES WHO IS A MEDICAL DOC HE SPENT MORE THAN 10YRS IN BUK JUST COX OF THIS OSHI CALLED ASUU WHATS THE ESSENCE OF THE DEGREE SEF WEY BE SAY YOU GO FINISH TO FIND JOB NA BIG BEGE LAS LAS WITH YOUR DEGREE BUT IF YOU SIT DOWN AND CALCULATE A ROAD SIDE ILLETERATE IS GAINING 10X WHAT U GETTING I THINK IF I GET MARRIED I'LL CALCULATE MY CHILD TUITION FEES INVEST IT IN WHAT WILL PROFIT HIM IN THIS SHIT HOLE COUNTRY
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
jmaine:

Only an idiot will come out to say this. You must be one of those who doesn't value education but rather is an economic almajiri dependent on the government 5k per month for the most vulnerable.

That union in recent years has caused more harm than good to the academic world due to its unending greed. Gone are the good old day ASUU strike meant anything meaningful.
Re: ASUU Strike: Claims Of N350,000, N500,000 Tuition Fees Untrue— Fg by jmaine: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
writerights:

That union in recent years has caused more harm than good to the academic world due to its unending greed. Gone are the good old day ASUU strike meant anything meaningful.

Mention the good old days ASUU strike?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out List Of Accredited English Speaking Universities In Benin Republic / Unaab Pre Degree Form / LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.