Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable (4223 Views)

Three Golden Eaglets Could Make Eagles Wcup Squad After Impressing In Training / Yakubu,Apam,Kaita,Utaka Brothers Make Eagles 30 Man List - Allnigeriasoccer.com / The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ddippset(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2010
asofejo:

name your BETTER COACHES, hope you are not one of the people advocating for mediocre foreign coaches that are not even better than AMODU,LADAN BOSSO or CHRISTAIN CHUKWU, siasia is the best option for now because we cant get a guss hiddink,sir alex,mourinho to coach nigeria, what u mean by RIPE is pep guadiorla RIPE before he won treble with a big club like barcelona
look at it objectively. what has siasia acheived? is it the siver medals with OVER AGED players?
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ice234: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2010
they have the techbical know how than siasia
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2010
ddippset:

the man could not even win u-20 and u-23, even with over aged players. age tournaments are different ball games from senior grades. the man shall meet his water loo. soon we all would be calling for his sack. watch and see.

After he fails them and Nigeria is on the brink of not qualifying for African cup of Nations we will start yelling for his sack and the employment of Coach John Obuh.
I love my country men, so predictable.

IMO Siasia never chop belle full to lead senior eagles o!! I'm just saying my bit, crucify me if you will. See our guy Keshi wey we hail for taking Togo to their first world cup ever wetin happen?? See him amd Mali for the last nations cup even with players like freddie Kanoute and Keita. I still say give us a white boy. Senior team is for men not boys.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by FBS: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2010
^^^ And what did the last one achieve? undecided
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ddippset(m): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2010
Okija_juju:

After he fails them and Nigeria is on the brink of not qualifying for African cup of Nations we will start yelling for his sack and the employment of Coach John Obuh.
I love my country men, so predictable.

IMO Siasia never chop belle full to lead senior eagles o!! I'm just saying my bit, crucify me if you will. See our guy Keshi wey we hail for taking Togo to their first world cup ever wetin happen?? See him amd Mali for the last nations cup even with players like freddie Kanoute and Keita. I still say give us a white boy. Senior team is for men not boys.
now thats what iam talking about!
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by oshioma: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2010
give this man a chance lookin at is pedigre one will but pick him for the job.is the best,not only in nigeria but africa as far as i am concern
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ice234: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2010
pep achieved alot
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by supereagle(m): 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2010
NFF has not given him any deal. Confirmed.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by asofejo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
ddippset:

look at it objectively. what has siasia acheived?  is it the siver medals with OVER AGED players?
 you are funny, so u mean siasia has achieved because u claimed he used over aged players to get results, any normal human being will agree with me that the boys siasia took to holland in 2005 and beijing in 2008 are not up to 30 years old, using players that are 2 or 3 years above the normal age standard is still acceptable or do u think fifa does not know this{mri scan or no mri scan}, if u are in you early twenties,mid twenties or late twenties age does not matter Poo when playing soccer{if u play soccer u'll know what i'm talking about}, i play soccer with guys 5 to 6 years older than me and we all compete agressively with one another, take a look at the germany or ghana as an example, u'll notice that most of their players are in their early or mid twenties with little international or club experience, most of them just turned into professional soccer player less than 2 years ago but they were still able compete with very good teams that have more established players than they do, my point is that age does not matter in soccer when u are still youthful{early,mid twenties or late twenties}, except u are a kinda genius and have a lion's heart like zidane,essien,drogba,maldini,makelele,canavarro and co, or players that are already making names for themselves in their early teen years like fabregas,messi,rooney,eto and so on, MY BROTHER age is nothing but a number when u enter a soccer field.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ddippset(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2010
asofejo:

you are funny, so u mean siasia has achieved because u claimed he used over aged players to get results, any normal human being will agree with me that the boys siasia took to holland in 2005 and beijing in 2008 are not up to 30 years old, using players that are 2 or 3 years above the normal age standard is still acceptable or do u think fifa does not know this{mri scan or no mri scan}, if u are in you early twenties,mid twenties or late twenties age does not matter Poo when playing soccer{if u play soccer u'll know what i'm talking about}, i play soccer with guys 5 to 6 years older than me and we all compete agressively with one another, take a look at the germany or ghana as an example, u'll notice that most of their players are in their early or mid twenties with little international or club experience, most of them just turned into professional soccer player less than 2 years ago but they were still able compete with very good teams that have more established players than they do, my point is that age does not matter in soccer when u are still youthful{early,mid twenties or late twenties}, except u are a kinda genius and have a lion's heart like zidane,essien,drogba,maldini,makelele,canavarro and co, or players that are already making names for themselves in their early teen years like fabregas,messi,rooney,eto and so on, MY BROTHER age is nothing but a number when u enter a soccer field.
o yeah! so y do u keep winning under 17 but cant go 2 second round in world cup even u cant win nations cup here in africa?. y do ur players not loast long? just go 2 ur neighbour's house and see a 17 yr old.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by ddippset(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2010
let me inform u now if u need some. i have nothing against 22 or 24 yr olds for u 17 but in this country 30 yr olds play u 17. if u never knew b4 now better do now my friend.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Mubz(m): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2010
ddippset:

let me inform u now if u need some. i have nothing against 22 or 24 yr olds for u 17 but in this country 30 yr olds play u 17. if u never knew b4 now better do now my friend.

cldnt agree more (The truth), Its the reason why we keep performing at the youth level and cant replicate that at the senior levels, Nothin more
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by niddamugu(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2010
‎2005 (u20 - siasia) to 2007 (u17- late tella) to 2008 (olympics - siasia again). we need no soothsayer to tell us who the coach and players of the senior national team ought to have been. no thanks to NFF and ther lack of focus and direction.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by asofejo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2010
ddippset:

o yeah! so y do u keep winning under 17 but cant go 2 second round in world cup even u cant win nations cup here in africa?. y do your players not loast long? just go 2 your neighbour's house and see a 17 yr old.

u can't win the nations cup in the senior level because the time these so called "under 17" and "under 20" boys are suppose to graduate into the senior level,a yakubu aiyenonsense,olofinjana,yobo,shittu,john utaka,ayila and all other dead wood claiming to be a player are imposed on the corrupt coaches by the corrupt nff, this stupid nff will wait until these so called under 17 and under 20 boys are 30 years or above before they consider given them a chance to showcase thier talent at senior level, none of the boys that represented nigeria at the olympics in beijing,under 17 or under 20 level are not up to 30 years old as some of u claimed, u enjoy play soccer effectively when one is still at his early,mid or late twenties, u can't except this current eagles suad to win when relying on a shittu,afolabi or yobo in defence, old ayila,or etuhu in the midfield,and a 40 year old yakubu aiyenonsense leading the attack, it will only take a miracle for this set of players to win any average team in the world and compete for 90 minutes not 10 or 15 minutes, we all see the result at the world cup
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by asofejo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
u can't win the nations cup in the senior level because the time these so called "under 17" and "under 20" boys are suppose to graduate into the senior level,a yakubu aiyenonsense,olofinjana,yobo,shittu,john utaka,ayila and all other dead wood claiming to be a player are imposed on the corrupt coaches by the corrupt nff, this silly nff will wait until these so called under 17 and under 20 boys are 30 years or above before they consider given them a chance to showcase thier talent at senior level, none of the boys that represented nigeria at the olympics in beijing,under 17 or under 20 level are not up to 30 years old as some of u claimed, u enjoy playing soccer effectively when one is still at his early,mid or late twenties, u can't expect this current eagles squad to win when relying on a shittu,afolabi or yobo in defence, old ayila,or etuhu in the midfield,and a 40 year old yakubu aiyenonsense leading the attack, it will only take a miracle for this set of players to win any average team in the world and compete for 90 minutes not 10 or 15 minutes, we all see the result at the world cup, Nigeria should learn from her neighbor{GHANA}.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Smi1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2010
asofejo:

u can't win the nations cup in the senior level because the time these so called "under 17" and "under 20" boys are suppose to graduate into the senior level,a yakubu aiyenonsense,olofinjana,yobo,shittu,john utaka,ayila and all other dead wood claiming to be a player are imposed on the corrupt coaches by the corrupt nff, this silly nff will wait until these so called under 17 and under 20 boys are 30 years or above before they consider given them a chance to showcase thier talent at senior level, none of the boys that represented nigeria at the olympics in beijing,under 17 or under 20 level are not up to 30 years old as some of u claimed, u enjoy playing soccer effectively when one is still at his early,mid or late twenties, u can't expect this current eagles squad to win when relying on a shittu,afolabi or yobo in defence, old ayila,or etuhu in the midfield,and a 40 year old yakubu aiyenonsense leading the attack, it will only take a miracle for this set of players to win any average team in the world and compete for 90 minutes not 10 or 15 minutes, we all see the result at the world cup, Nigeria should learn from her neighbor{GHANA}.

Gbam !
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by devyktur(m): 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2010
As far as I know, I believe that there are only three coaches that can coach the Super Eagles and we would get results.
1.Jose Mourinho
2.Pep Guardiola
3.Samson Siasia.

Its just an opinion and observation. What do U think?
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by Justcash(m): 5:38am On Jul 26, 2010
The problem with Nigeria is that majority of Nigerians suffer from "ITK" (I too know) when it comes to soccer. It is this "ITK" Virus that is holding our soccer back. Worst of all is that those with "ITK" actually know nothing.

Siasia has proved himself. He should have been the eagles coach a long time ago because it would ensure his transition to the National team with the boys that he groomed from the U-20 level. But "ITK" did not allow NFF and some blind Nigerian soccer supporters to give him that chance. Now they are judging him with his failure in Egypt, with a team that the same "ITK" people begged him to save from the edge of hell, which they fell into anyway.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by supereagle(m): 6:30am On Jul 26, 2010
There is Mafia in Supereagles that will not allow the young boys to grow up.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by vescucci(m): 1:01am On Jul 27, 2010
Siasia is the coach for us jare. Let him continue with the boys he groomed and let's ditch these old men for once. Look at Ghana and Germany. Youth is the future. Professionals don't take long to peak anymore. Ask Messi
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mamagee3(f): 1:03am On Jul 27, 2010
Please, does anyone know if NFF has removed Lars Lagerback and put in Siasia.

This is getting ridiculous!
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by samsany(m): 6:27am On Jul 27, 2010
Abeg make dey give am chance o!
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by sley4life(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2010
I trust sia1
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by DROYAL1: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
siasia is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
learn how to believe in our own cheesy
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by supereagle(m): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
mama-gee:

Please, does anyone know if NFF has removed Lars Lagerback and put in Siasia.

This is getting ridiculous!

Largerpay has declined to continue with SE . Maigari has talked to Siasia to come on board. Confirmed.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by calabaman(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
Na 2 day. .
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mamagee3(f): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
supereagle:

Largerpay has declined to continue with SE . Maigari has talked to Siasia to come on board. Confirmed.
I'm very happy, Lagerback is out!

He sucks and I'm angry as to why NFF didn't make him a coach before the world cup.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by deb(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2010
the man could not even win u-20 and u-23, even with over aged players. age tournaments are different ball games from senior grades. the man shall meet his water loo. soon we all would be calling for his sack. watch and see.

You just complained like any below average thinker you did not profer any possible solution?
So name the better coach than Siasia that you want?

I think a coach that got Under-20 team and Under-23 to a final of the competition is as good as a winner for me afterall he could have won any of the finals if not for ill-luck. I won't call him bad I think he is great in my opinion and should be given a chance
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by efoghorjos: 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2010
Siasia is capable of achieving success with the Super Eagles. My only fears for him is that Nigeria has no value for Blacks (especially Nigerians) and he might be dropped for a White coach as soon as he qualifies us for the world cup. Shuaibu Amodu twice qualified us for the world cup (2002 and 2010) but got kipped out on the two occasions.
Besides, is Siasia ready to share his salary and allowances? If not, he should not worry himself. The foreign coaches would always be preferred so long as they are willing to part with at least 30% of their pay, and disappear immediately they fail without anybody questioning them.
http://efoghorsportsarena..com
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by manneger(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
Siasia has try 4 naija lets give him a chance to coach d super eagles
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ hugooh42-

Just to update u, Siasia, Amokachi, Eguavoen and Oliseh all have UEFA B coaching licences (there might be other ex-internationals who possess it including Keshi perhaps). So they did not just wake up and brand themselves coaches.they prepared for it.Right now Eguavoen is in Holland doing a course.He has been there before the world cup, interrupted it and has gone back to finish up.
Siasia remains obvious choice because a man who reaches the finals of the u-20 & u23 couldn't have been gambling. It shows he has stuff upstairs.
We would only wish the NFF would allow him ample time to groom a team as the SE is a different ball game. Westerhof took years to prepare the USA 94 team.It didnt just happen out of the blues. Cheers man.
Re: Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable by mamagee3(f): 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
Let's take Siasia's word for it.

I personally believe he would make the nigerian squad formidable.
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Mikel Obi's Houses In Nigeria And Their Locations / Macauley Chrisantus Joins His 14th Club / What Does Handicap +1 Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.