Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. (1042 Views)

Charles Haddon Spurgeon On The Eternal Security Of The Believer: / Charles Spurgeon On Tithing / There Is No Eternal Security. It Is Conditional - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by Perfectbeing(m): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Charles Haddon Spurgeon on the eternal security of the believer:
I have heard it said by some preachers, that when the Christian is holy, he is in the covenant; that when he sins, he is crossed out again; that when he repents, he is put in again, and if he fails he is scratched out once more; and so he goes in and out of the door, as he would in and out of his own house.
He goes in at one door and out of another. He is sometimes the child of God, and sometimes the child of the devil—sometimes an heir of heaven, and anon an heir of hell.
And I know one man who went so far as to say that although a man might have persevered through grace for sixty years, yet should he fall away the last year of his life—if he should sin and die so, he would perish everlastingly, and all his faith, and all the love which God had manifested to him in the day’s gone by would go for nothing.
I am very happy to say that such a notion of God is just the very notion I have of the devil.
I could not believe in such a God, and could not bow down before him. A god that loves today and hates tomorrow; a God that gives a promise, and yet foreknows after all that man shall not see the promise fulfilled; a God that forgives and punishes—that justifies and afterwards executes—is a God that I cannot endure.
He is not the God of the Scriptures I am certain, for He is immutable, just, holy, and true, and having loved his own, He will love them to the end, and if He hath given a promise to any man, the promise shall be kept, and that man once in grace, is in grace forever, and shall without fail by-and-by enter into glory

1 Like

Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by PraiseDLord: 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I have heard it said by some preachers, that when the Christian is holy, he is in the covenant; that when he sins, he is crossed out again; that when he repents, he is put in again, and if he fails he is scratched out once more; and so he goes in and out of the door, as he would in and out of his own house.
He goes in at one door and out of another. He is sometimes the child of God, and sometimes the child of the devil—sometimes an heir of heaven, and anon an heir of hell.
And I know one man who went so far as to say that although a man might have persevered through grace for sixty years, yet should he fall away the last year of his life—if he should sin and die so, he would perish everlastingly, and all his faith, and all the love which God had manifested to him in the day’s gone by would go for nothing.
I am very happy to say that such a notion of God is just the very notion I have of the devil.
I could not believe in such a God, and could not bow down before him. A god that loves today and hates tomorrow; a God that gives a promise, and yet foreknows after all that man shall not see the promise fulfilled; a God that forgives and punishes—that justifies and afterwards executes—is a God that I cannot endure.
He is not the God of the Scriptures I am certain, for He is immutable, just, holy, and true, and having loved his own, He will love them to the end, and if He hath given a promise to any man, the promise shall be kept, and that man once in grace, is in grace forever, and shall without fail by-and-by enter into glory
You and your pastor's ploy to encourage men and women to continue in sin will surely fail by the grace of God.
Use your head now!!!
Was Judas not a disciple ? Ye, even an apostle of Christ at a time! He was one of the seventy sent out by the Lord Himself. He did miracles in Christ's name and also shared his soul winning experience with the Lord. His name was in the book of life then.
However, how did he end up?
Even the Lord said it were better he's not born that betray him and all they will follow the way of backsliding.
If Judas could perish who ate and drank with the Lord and he was even a disciple who left all and follow the Lord, having no other job than to follow the Lord with the rest of the disciples in preaching the gospel ....
Who are you, me or any other person who don't even know physical Jesus , nor have sacrificed next to nothing in comparism with Judas? The Bible is clear - a soul that sinneth shall die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even the Lord said "He that putteth his hand in the plough and then look back is not fit for the kingdom of God!
Don't be deceived, no matter who said anything to the contrary of the biblical injuction shall not stand.
Rather than quoting what men said, why not follow and quote the Bible so that you will not be ashamed at last.
Remember, the Bible says " that which is highly esteemed among men (no matter the title or how highly respected) is abomination in the sight of God!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 1:07am On Nov 15, 2018
paxonel the nairalander is the founder of eternal security.
i pray God saves him before it's too late

Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by paxonel(m): 6:49am On Nov 15, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
paxonel the nairalander is the founder of eternal security.
i pray God saves him before it's too late
when you think very well, you agree with me that those posts are true.
A lot of us dont use our brain when we read the bible and the result is the current impunity we are experiencing today among the body of christ.

This bible is very straight foward without any atom of contradiction, but the doctrines we inherited by our forefathers in christ are full of contradictions.

Again i ask the question.

How come Jesus told nicodemus you must be a good christian(if born again truly meant good christian) before you see the kingdom of God when there was nothing like christianity before christ was crucified?

Remember christianity only came on earth after christ resurrected.

That is a question the church today must answer or their generations to come will keep asking that question grin

You cant continue to fool people
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by Perfectbeing(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2018
PraiseDLord:

You and your pastor's ploy to encourage men and women to continue in sin will surely fail by the grace of God.
Use your head now!!!
Was Judas not a disciple ? Ye, even an apostle of Christ at a time! He was one of the seventy sent out by the Lord Himself. He did miracles in Christ's name and also shared his soul winning experience with the Lord. His name was in the book of life then.
However, how did he end up?
Even the Lord said it were better he's not born that betray him and all they will follow the way of backsliding.
If Judas could perish who ate and drank with the Lord and he was even a disciple who left all and follow the Lord, having no other job than to follow the Lord with the rest of the disciples in preaching the gospel ....
Who are you, me or any other person who don't even know physical Jesus , nor have sacrificed next to nothing in comparism with Judas? The Bible is clear - a soul that sinneth shall die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even the Lord said "He that putteth his hand in the plough and then look back is not fit for the kingdom of God!
Don't be deceived, no matter who said anything to the contrary of the biblical injuction shall not stand.
Rather than quoting what men said, why not follow and quote the Bible so that you will not be ashamed at last.
Remember, the Bible says " that which is highly esteemed among men (no matter the title or how highly respected) is abomination in the sight of God!!!

Performing miracles in the name of Christ doesn't mean one is saved. Judas and the rest disciples weren't saved as at the time Jesus was on earth. Jesus had not yet died. His blood had not yet atoned of the sin of man. So Judas didn't lose his salvation. He like the rest weren't saved.

No matter the sacrifice and good works someone does for God, if that person does not believe in the remdemptive power of the blood to set him free from all his sins that person will die and go to hell. His works and sacrifices will be burnt cos they're dead works. Look at Cornelius. He was a good man who does righteous deeds. He gave to the poor and needy. He was a righteous and moral man. But all his works were dead and couldn't save him. That's why God in his mercies decided his works shouldn't be wasted. So he sent Peter through an angel to tell him (Cornelius) about Christ. Cornelius and his households believed in the gospel and then were saved. If he had not believed in. the gospel of Christ, he'd have died and gone to hell despite his good works.

Now let's go back to Judas.
Judas was one of the disciples of Christ. He performed miracles like the rest of the apostles. He sacrificed his home and comfort like the others. But let's be realistic. Judas didn't considered Jesus any thing more than "rabbi". To him, Jesus was nothing more than a teacher. He didn't believe the teachings of Jesus. Remember, Jesus taught that he was going to die for the sins of mankind. Judas was a disciple of Jesus when Jesus quoted John 3:16. But Judas never believed in his teachings.
He didn't believe that even when he betrayed Jesus, he would have still been forgiven.
Judas didn't go to hell because he betrayed Jesus. He went to hell because he didn't believe his sins could be forgiven by Jesus.

Let's look at Peter.
What peter did wasn't so different from what Judas did. If you ask me I'll say Peter commited the greater sin. Peter denied Jesus to his face not once but 3 times. Remember peter was the only disciple that was revealed by God who Jesus really was. Peter knew who Jesus really was. Remember Jesus said "flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you but my father..". Peter was among the disciple who saw the true glory of Jesus during the transfiguration. Peter unlike Judas really knew which Jesus was yet he denied knowing Christ to His face.

But even after this, peter unlike Judas was able to realise that Jesus was capable of forgiveness no matter the sin committed. He belived in Jesus redemption power by his blood and he was saved.

So my brother. Sin isn't what takes a man to hell. Unbelief does. Righteous deeds isn't what takes a man to heaven. Believing in Christ and his works does..

Bless you..
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by paxonel(m): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Perfectbeing:

God bless you sir
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by PraiseDLord: 7:02am On Nov 18, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Performing miracles in the name of Christ doesn't mean one is saved. Judas and the rest disciples weren't saved as at the time Jesus was on earth. Jesus had not yet died. His blood had not yet atoned of the sin of man. So Judas didn't lose his salvation. He like the rest weren't saved.

No matter the sacrifice and good works someone does for God, if that person does not believe in the remdemptive power of the blood to set him free from all his sins that person will die and go to hell. His works and sacrifices will be burnt cos they're dead works. Look at Cornelius. He was a good man who does righteous deeds. He gave to the poor and needy. He was a righteous and moral man. But all his works were dead and couldn't save him. That's why God in his mercies decided his works shouldn't be wasted. So he sent Peter through an angel to tell him (Cornelius) about Christ. Cornelius and his households believed in the gospel and then were saved. If he had not believed in. the gospel of Christ, he'd have died and gone to hell despite his good works.

Now let's go back to Judas.
Judas was one of the disciples of Christ. He performed miracles like the rest of the apostles. He sacrificed his home and comfort like the others. But let's be realistic. Judas didn't considered Jesus any thing more than "rabbi". To him, Jesus was nothing more than a teacher. He didn't believe the teachings of Jesus. Remember, Jesus taught that he was going to die for the sins of mankind. Judas was a disciple of Jesus when Jesus quoted John 3:16. But Judas never believed in his teachings.
He didn't believe that even when he betrayed Jesus, he would have still been forgiven.
Judas didn't go to hell because he betrayed Jesus. He went to hell because he didn't believe his sins could be forgiven by Jesus.

Let's look at Peter.
What peter did wasn't so different from what Judas did. If you ask me I'll say Peter commited the greater sin. Peter denied Jesus to his face not once but 3 times. Remember peter was the only disciple that was revealed by God who Jesus really was. Peter knew who Jesus really was. Remember Jesus said "flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you but my father..". Peter was among the disciple who saw the true glory of Jesus during the transfiguration. Peter unlike Judas really knew which Jesus was yet he denied knowing Christ to His face.

But even after this, peter unlike Judas was able to realise that Jesus was capable of forgiveness no matter the sin committed. He belived in Jesus redemption power by his blood and he was saved.

So my brother. Sin isn't what takes a man to hell. Unbelief does. Righteous deeds isn't what takes a man to heaven. Believing in Christ and his works does..

Bless you..
Who are you trying to deceive?
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by Mujtahida: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2018
Thank God I left off this train of madness and confusion: predestination v arminianism, works based salvation v grace only, monergism v synergism, co-substantiation v transubstantiation, Pre - tribulation rapture v post - tribulation rapture v millennialism, eternal security of the believer v temporary security - the list is endless. Christianity is a toxic dungpile. Take it serious and watch out spiritually sick you will become. The reason most people, infact 99% of Christians call themselves Christians is because at the practical level, they don't really take it serious.
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by Perfectbeing(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
PraiseDLord:
Who are you trying to deceive?
Did I say anything unbiblical?
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Feb 12
Perfectbeing:
■Charles Haddon Spurgeon on the eternal security of the believer:
I have heard it said by some preachers, that when the Christian is holy, he is in the covenant; that when he sins, he is crossed out again; that when he repents, he is put in again, and if he fails he is scratched out once more; and so he goes in and out of the door, as he would in and out of his own house. He goes in at one door and out of another. He is sometimes the child of God, and sometimes the child of the devil—sometimes an heir of heaven, and anon an heir of hell.
I am afraid even Spurgeon lied to you. lipsrsealed
Re: CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. by Perfectbeing(m): 7:35am On Feb 15
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid even Spurgeon lied to you. lipsrsealed
ok

(1) (Reply)

Uk Based Nigerian Pastor Calls Out A White Woman For Calling Him A Monkey / Short Christian Movies / Nigerian Man Confessed How He Killed Thousands Of Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.