Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams (3356 Views)

UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely / Federal Poly, Oko 2013/2014 Post UTME Exams Time Table Is Out! / Awareness On Compulsory Novels For Utme Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by femmieboi(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2010
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has ordered the suspension of the post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) examinations for Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) slated for today.

JAMB Registrar, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, on Friday, conveyed the decision to the Attorney General of Osun State, Mr Niyi Owolade.

Ojerinde disclosed that he had also conveyed the decision to the Oyo State Commissioner for Education, Professor Taoheed Adedoja, authorities of LAUTECH,  and Professor Olanrewaju Nassar.

According to Owolade, the JAMB boss, who said the suspension would remain in force until the ownership tussle over the school was resolved, warned that if LAUTECH  went ahead to hold the test, JAMB would not send any official to observe it and would not process LAUTECH’s admission list.

Owolade quoted the JAMB boss as saying that the examinations body would not be drawn into the politics of the two states, but would want all issues on the school resolved before the test was conducted.

Over 18,000 applicants are to write this year’s post-UTME examinations of the university.

Whala dey 4 Lautech freshers o!
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Pimpmaster: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2010
let ministry of eduction do something and stop dis pume is useless
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Emperor5c(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
I pity those poor students seeking admission in2 de school. Bt thank God 4 jambs 4 institution choice hop dey make use of other opportunities b4 is 2 late,cuz i don't see dat ownership problem been resolved even till nxt yr.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by hakunajay(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2010
Post ume should be allowed to stay as it helps bring out some irregularities of jamb candidates committed during the jamb exams!
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by yemmytee1(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2010
Jamb Stylish Politics, God Punish Ur Boss, Its Not Ur Business If Theres Politics In Lautech, Its An Internal Game, We All Know Wats Up, Its Been Like Dat 4 Year,
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by xpress(m): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2010
Na wa o, they better cancel post ume cuz this ownership wahala has just started
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by profdee(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
The   'watever'   tussle   between   dis   'people'   needs   to   be   resolved  now,   cos   its   really cripling   academic   activites   of  d   school.   Just   dis   semester   alone   non   academic   staff   have   gone   on  strike   not  less   dan   3  times,   academic  staffs   too   are  threatening   to   go   on  indefinite   strike.   Meetings  upon   meeting   have   been  held  still  no   solution.   Imagine  student  coming  all  d  way from  abuja,  lagos,  jos  etc  only  to  get  to  hear  about  d  postponed  exam  yesternite.  Wat  pains me  most  is  that  all  dis 'people'  went  to school  when  Nigeria  education  was good  and now virtually  all their children  are  either abroad  or in private  universities,   God help  us.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by xpress(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2010
Na wa o, they better cancel post ume cuz this ownership wahala has just started gettn interestn.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by dove24u(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2010
LAUTECH

Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by ayinba1(f): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2010
Well my sister said that they were called back and took the examination at about 2;15pm. What concerns JAMB with the ownership tussle? These students paid for the exam already, why not let them take the exam? And why today for letting the news out? Some of these people just make me wanna puke.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by lanruzy: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
i really pity these freshers but the situation in LAUTECH calls for such a firm decision.I feel this will go a long way to save Osun stat's head in the on-going crises.When two elephants are at war the grassses benath them suffers.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by kolly4luv(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
Is already done, what next?
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by chelseabmw(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
wink
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by kaffy4tope(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2010
Is what i am hearing about LAUTECH is anything to go by, i heard despite the warnings by Dibu Ojerinde, Management of LAUTECH still holds the post jamb exams today.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by sapphire01(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
d exam eventually heard as i hrd. dnt worry, thins wil be fyn soonest in lautech
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by oladayo042: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by JUO(m): 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2010
hum
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Tingles(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2010
Rubbishness! Who saw the confusion in school yesterday? different radio stations with different versions of the news, I have a feeling that those guys wrote a "mock" exam.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Ibomade1: 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2010
Big yawah
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by jjeeff(m): 3:42am On Jul 26, 2010
i really think they should look into what deare doing
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by kemisuga(f): 9:59am On Jul 26, 2010
I pray this ownership wahala, will not result in war. Like Ife and Modakeke.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by anitabest(f): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
ownership wat ever, they should try and settle their scores and give student admimision Abeg.
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by SwtzMinx(f): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
.hmmm. .
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by SwtzMinx(f): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
.hmmm. .
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by marketplace(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2010
When will the fight over the ownership of the institute be over? Oyo State Government please do something
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
Dat Alao Akala is Retarted, wats all dis?
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2010
ogbeche77:

Dat Alao Akala is Retarted, wats all dis?

Alao Akala is not only retarded but silly and foolish. He wants to turn LAUTECH to Oyo state owned school excluding Osun state. He is busy building new structures in Ogbomoso his home town with the intention of bringing the teaching hospital to the state & so, making Oyo State the sole owner of LAUTECH.
He has also been involved in the politics of the school by excluding Osun state and their officials in the school's administration. This is not going on well with the Osun State govt as a co-owner of the school. This is the summary of the bone of contention between the owners of the school. They say, when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers, yes indeed, the school just went on an indefinite strike yesterday 27th July, 2010 the students have to bear the pain!  undecided
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
koastar:

Alao Akala is not only retarded but silly and foolish. He wants to turn LAUTECH to Oyo state owned school excluding Osun state. He is busy building new structures in Ogbomoso his home town with the intention of bringing the teaching hospital to the state & so, making Oyo State the sole owner of LAUTECH.
He has also been involved in the politics of the school by excluding Osun state and their officials in the school's administration. This is not going on well with the Osun State govt as a co-owner of the school. This is the summary of the bone of contention between the owners of the school. They say, when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers, yes indeed, the school just went on an indefinite strike yesterday 27th July, 2010 the students have to bear the pain! undecided

It just so unfair on d part of d government, its a delebrate approach to render all public institution dormant, so they could degenerate, u remember d public primary and high schools in d 1970s and 80s, they were excelent, now,most of dem own multi million naira high schhols , 4 d public to attend they must destroy d govt educational structure, starve dem of funds, owe teachers salaries, when dey achieve dis parents move there wards 2 private schools, d same they have almost achieved in public universities, as alot of dem are majority shareholder in dis private uni. sahme on them
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by geemee(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2010
what do you expect from someone that doesn't value education? akala + oyinlola   angry angry angry
i suggest that the JAMB registrar revert his actions to protect the academic interest of the affected students,
Re: Ownership Tussle: Jamb Suspends Lautech’s Post-utme Exams by Dkaz(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
10000 members needed here www.9jamob.tk at once pls i know you made it up to the limit pls help in making the member up to that limit.

(1) (Reply)

How Can K-leg Be Corrected In An Adult / Top 3 Reasons O.A.U Ife Is The ''dumbest'' Best School In Nigeria / Nigeria's First National Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.