Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies (15910 Views)

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Coolguyrichard: 8:59am On Nov 16, 2018
ok
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by ehissi(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Useless offer.
Why grant tuition waiver for only students of Religious Studies?

While I commend the university for the act, I advice that this waiver be extended to meaningful disciplines like Medicine, Engineering, Law and Architecture.

Because a graduate of Religious Studies has zero viability.
The only person a graduate of Religious Studies is ahead of is a person without a WAEC certificate.

Nice one from McPherson University who have thought about the people just like Sir Richard MacPherson who did the same with his 1951 constitution.
Covenant University and Redeemers University, what are you waiting for?

I think another school has already offered tuition free education for its faculty of Agriculture...............
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by BuilderDave: 9:04am On Nov 16, 2018
nice
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by KelB(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2018
We don't give this in this part of the state

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by sureheaven(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2018
:oUseless offer.

While I commend the university for the act, I advice that this waiver be extended to meaningful disciplines like Medicine, Engineering, Law and Architecture.

Because a graduate of Religious Studies has zero viability.
The only person a graduate of Religious Studies is ahead of is a person without a WAEC certificate.

Nice one from McPherson University who have thought about the people just like Sir Richard MacPherson who did the same with his 1951 constitution.

U made the best point..

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Useless offer.

Because a graduate of Religious Studies has zero viability. The only person a graduate of Religious Studies is ahead of is a person without a WAEC certificate.

Sometimes its hard to reason along this Man's line if you're not a honest person. His Reasoning sounds weird at first but a second thought reveals it as unbiased and naked truth. Big Ups man. You're just an an enigma

3 Likes

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by aksule(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2018
I first laugh, later l cried for our dear country. What a mess. Imagine giving tuition free to study religion. To the best of my knowledge religion is about God. God in his infinite mercy has no use of our beliefs but we the human beings . Whatever religion we practice, it is strictly between you and your God. We are missing the road to development. Religion was and is not what develope the western world that we rely on for our day to day living including the religion itself.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Grupo(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2018
ekestic1976:

So it's reading Law and later becoming Charge-and -Bail and Medicine, becoming a Quack that is a Course? You can't adequately think out the simple reward that awaits a Religious studies graduate who'll later have unlimited access to ALL the tithes and offerings, plus countless visitations to the State Houses spread across the Federal Republic, if he's a good prophet?

My friend shut up. If I have a son and he wants to study religion in school. I would gladly disown him.

The world is tending towards machine learning, artificial intelligence, internet of things, data science. That's the future and not religion.

2 Likes

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2018
ekestic1976:

So it's reading Law and later becoming Charge-and -Bail and Medicine, becoming a Quack that is a Course? You can't adequately think out the simple reward that awaits a Religious studies graduate who'll later have unlimited access to ALL the tithes and offerings, plus countless visitations to the State Houses spread across the Federal Republic, if he's a good prophet?
Pathetic.
Now you mean opening a church in Jesus' name and stealing the people's tithes to buy jets and Royce's is a good offer?
Imagine your stupidity so now you become a pastor to visit state houses and bastard politicians so they can buy you and your church for votes just PATHETIC.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 16, 2018
I wonder why someone will waste 4years of their lives studying religion.

1 Like

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by AkumahTalk(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2018
We do not have a shortage of religious practitioners and churches are not scarce either. Some people feel say them get sense for this country but they no get sense.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Grupo(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Kendrickmykell:

Guy this your point is myopic. with all due disrespect. So medicine, engineering law and architecture are the only meaningful courses in a university?. No course is useless guy.
my opinion.
There are many courses that are useless - public administration, business administration, political science, arts education, history, philosophy, psychology, religion are all useless and unbankable courses.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by pek(m): 9:25am On Nov 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Useless offer.
Nigeria is in it's mess because of it's abundance of extremely religious folks and not an absence of them.

Because a graduate of Religious Studies has zero viability. The only person a graduate of Religious Studies is ahead of is a person without a WAEC certificate.

Fountain University, Awon NASFAT where are you?
its not it's. Learn to differentiate them.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by chairman00100: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2018
my opinion is that any person who claims to be a Christian who encouraged any other person to believe in a prophet whose ways and teachings contradicts the teachings of JESUS and his purpose of coming and his death is working for the anti CHRIST
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by beautyhd: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Useless offer.
Nigeria is in it's mess because of it's abundance of extremely religious folks and not an absence of them.

Brilliant
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Ayobami7(m): 9:40am On Nov 16, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Codebrain576943: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2018
Seen

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2018
Colourich:
I wonder why someone will waste 4years of their lives studying religion.
mechie onu
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Codebrain790054: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2018
Okay

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2018
ekestic1976:

people who read Law and Medicine can always decide to still be 'called'by God after they graduate and they will go and collect the tithe and offerings. Dem no dey do pastor by degree. After all Osibanjo is a Lawyer and Pastor.

But can someone who reads Religious studies ever be a charge and bail lawyer or quack doctor? Nope

1 Like

Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by velmajdennis: 10:18am On Nov 16, 2018
Education should bring aesthetic pleasure. Self-education and written culture move low-ranking countries. You can order unique texts here https://papersowl.com/buy-admission-essay or read books. All this will help you get a good education.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
mechie onu
Mechie onu GI dia
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by ekestic1976(f): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2018
Thehumanlloydl:

Pathetic.
Now you mean opening a church in Jesus' name and stealing the people's tithes to buy jets and Royce's is a good offer?
Imagine your stupidity so now you become a pastor to visit state houses and bastard politicians so they can buy you and your church for votes just PATHETIC.

Go back to school to receive tutorials on Critical Literary Appreciation to know Sarcasm! Olodo.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Useless offer.

Graduate with first class are sponsored by Living Faith Church
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by efemena5050(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Kendrickmykell:

Guy this your point is myopic. with all due disrespect. So medicine, engineering law and architecture are the only meaningful courses in a university?. No course is useless guy.
my opinion.
I refuse to agree with you..... There some curses that are not only useless but use nothing.......
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by efemena5050(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Kendrickmykell:

my opinion.
I refuse to agree with you..... There some curses that are not only useless but use nothing..or even use empty
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
ekestic1976:

Go back to school to receive tutorials on Critical Literary Appreciation to know Sarcasm! Olodo.
That's a cop-out statement boy, grow some balls! If you spill something silly, don't hide under the shell of "sarcasm" it's called indecision.
;Calling people names doesn't make your comments sensible too.
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by UNRULY(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
To study moslem/Islamic studies? What happened to other disciplines like LIFE SCIENCES, AGRICULTURE, ENTREPRENEUR?nothing good comes from Religious Studies
Re: Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies by biomedics(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
The trouble with Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt / Kaduna Schools To Remain Closed Till Further Notice - State Governmet / UNIBEN VC Rewards I.T Student For Diligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.