Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals (50687 Views)

Lionel Messi Was Told Today That He Is The Winner Of Ballon D’or 2023- Dossetti / Ballon D’or 2022: Close Votes, Benzema Has Won It – Thierry Henry Reveals / Pep Guardiola Asked Where Lionel Messi Was In Man City's Dressing Room - Nasri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Giftedhand92: 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
Former Barcelona player Thierry Henry has revealed the standout moment during his time at the Spanish club that he realised his team-mate Lionel Messi was extraordinary.

The pair spent three years together at Barcelona, but it was one game where Messi managed to control a lofty ball and dodge three defenders that Henry realised there was something special about him.

The pair had great success with the La Liga giantS; winning the treble in 2009 and scoring 100 goals in one season between themselves and Samuel Eto’o.
But Henry downplays his involvement in the club’s success, instead hailing Messi‘s style of play as ‘not normal’.

In a new film ‘Take the Ball, Pass the Ball’ which celebrates Pep Guardiola‘s reign at the Nou Camp, the Frenchman said: “The best goal I’ve seen him score was against Malaga at home because that defied logic what he did. “Diagonal ball, he controls it on his chest, runs full speed.

First player goes, second player is just behind. He takes another step, that player can clear the ball.
“If he’s got the ball on his left foot here, how do you go back with that same leg and touch the ball in the air, in between the two to make sure that guy doesn’t touch it – and then almost fall but smash it into the top corner. That’s not normal.”
The goal in question comes from a home game in 2009, where Henry himself also found his name on the score-sheet.

But, the Arsenal legend waxes lyrical about Messi’s achievements in the film rather than his own.
The five time Ballon d’Or winner’s goal was so impressive, that even Pep Guardiola- known for his passionate displays on the touchline- was stood open-mouthed in disbelief.

It’s not the first time Henry has spoken about the Argentian ace and questioned if he was normal.
Back in 2016, Henry said[b]: “Sometimes I ask myself if Messi is human.”[/b]

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/the-moment-i-realised-lionel-messi-was-not-normal-thierry-henry-reveals/

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Seeker17(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mtcheeew
Face ur Monaco job and save us this long epistle

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by AK481(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
Like for C Ronaldo
Share for Messi

228 Likes 623 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Kenekingisback: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
Good as far as he can not control - our collective decision to send Baba Buhari back next year.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by adegeye38(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2018

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Ibcrown(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lol
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by itzprezy(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Messi the only GOAT

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Greatness is often times not normal....

Do the stats and achievements below look normal to you? Greatness takes a bit of being beyond normal and doing things above the normal in training and preparedness.

Today even marks exactly 15 years since Messi made his Barca debut... Coincidence?

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Tobi0123: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Someone should please help me with anything...life us unbearable here...I have been unable to eat except garri for some days...I'm damn broke..please help a brother...I will definitely get on my foot cause I did some work,but I haven't been paid....6553685405 MICHAEL. Fidelity bank

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Tobi0123:
Someone should please help me with anything...life us unbearable here...I have been unable to eat except garri for some days...I'm damn broke..please help a brother...I will definitely get on my foot cause I did some work,but I haven't been paid....6553685405 MICHAEL. Fidelity bank
shameless almajiri no go find work do like no b person no even see garri drink

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Pentools(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lol....oga Thierry Henry, your realization came quite late. He's one of the best thing to ever happen to football and the best thing to happen to football in this generation.

God bless Oluwa_MeSSI....

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by akeentech(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
You're right, even your mentor Arsene Wenger confirmed it by saying Messi is from another planet, he's an extraordinary somebody.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by yemifez: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
to be distinct, you have to do what people will consider abnormal in a good way. in essence, you have to be abnormal

4 Likes

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Iphran6: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2018
Messi is extremely gifted, the best the world of football has ever seen

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Even we Madridstas know Messi quality

Diego Maradona is light years behind Lionel Messi
~Sergio Ramos

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Jamiubond009(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
K
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by greggng: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Seeker17:
Mtcheeew
Face ur Monaco job and save us this long epistle

Ronaldo fans won't sleep well tonite

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Abbey2sam(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
Giftedhand92:
Former Barcelona player Thierry Henry has revealed the standout moment during his time at the Spanish club that he realised his team-mate Lionel Messi was extraordinary.

The pair spent three years together at Barcelona, but it was one game where Messi managed to control a lofty ball and dodge three defenders that Henry realised there was something special about him.

The pair had great success with the La Liga giantS; winning the treble in 2009 and scoring 100 goals in one season between themselves and Samuel Eto’o.
But Henry downplays his involvement in the club’s success, instead hailing Messi‘s style of play as ‘not normal’.

In a new film ‘Take the Ball, Pass the Ball’ which celebrates Pep Guardiola‘s reign at the Nou Camp, the Frenchman said: “The best goal I’ve seen him score was against Malaga at home because that defied logic what he did. “Diagonal ball, he controls it on his chest, runs full speed.

First player goes, second player is just behind. He takes another step, that player can clear the ball.
“If he’s got the ball on his left foot here, how do you go back with that same leg and touch the ball in the air, in between the two to make sure that guy doesn’t touch it – and then almost fall but smash it into the top corner. That’s not normal.”
The goal in question comes from a home game in 2009, where Henry himself also found his name on the score-sheet.

But, the Arsenal legend waxes lyrical about Messi’s achievements in the film rather than his own.
The five time Ballon d’Or winner’s goal was so impressive, that even Pep Guardiola- known for his passionate displays on the touchline- was stood open-mouthed in disbelie

It’s not the first time Henry has spoken about the Argentian ace and questioned if he was normal.
Back in 2016, Henry said[b]: “Sometimes I ask myself if Messi is human.”[/b]

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/the-moment-i-realised-lionel-messi-was-not-normal-thierry-henry-reveals/

This guy better focus o monaco,
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by Crossbow(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
smiley

Just google impossible goals by Messi! Watch the YouTube videos. I personally don't see him as human!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by landmark86: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
Buy Messi go Monaco then
What will you now called Ronaldo?
The Oracle I guess
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by highness25(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
AK481:
Like for C Ronaldo
Share for Messi
You are on your own. If you want our likes and shares then you have to earn it

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by tutaboi(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
The love i have for Ronaldo is endless

7 Likes

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by coolfredo(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Tobi0123:
u are not normal, i can see it

1 Like

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by coolfredo(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Tobi0123:
u are not normal, i can see it
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by oruma19: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
adegeye38:

so in ur own view, earthly wealth should be ascribed to satan? U forgetvpsalm 24..ti oluwa ni ile ati atekun re...
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by allanphash7(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
K
Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by uthlaw: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
AK481:
Like for C Ronaldo
Share for Messi
forget like or share.... remove goals and you discover some players has nothing to offer.

16 Likes

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by IamNegan: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Oh Lord of Mercy, kaye mi ribi MESSI !!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals by MorataFC: 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Idah Peterside Welcomes Baby After 10 Years Of Marriage. Photo / Olanrewaju Kayode And His Wife, Ezinne Dora Kayode & Kids (Photos) / Azizat Oshoala The New Face Of Nigerian Female Football.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.