Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

[PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony (7719 Views)

ICAN Releases Date For 50th AATWA Induction Ceremony 2019 / ICAN Chartered Accountants Awaitting Induction Come In / ICAN Holds 60th Induction Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Mactons(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
THE Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) chartered by Act No. 76 of 1992 holds her 39th induction ceremony at the Event Centre Limited (MANA HALL) plot 1, block 1, Hakeem Balogun street, CBD, ALAUSA, IKEJA, LAGOS, where over 700 candidates where inducted today being the 15th of November, 2018.

http://gisthabit.com/photos-chartered-institute-of-taxation-citn-hold-its-39th-induction-ceremony/

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by gisthabit: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
Download Runtown New Album Track - The Mayor of Lagos

Stay Connected with us on:

Instagram

Twitter

Facebook

Thank You
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Irrelevant body

4 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Business people and tax officers na cat and rat.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
Congratulations to the newly inducted members.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Taiwo20(m): 6:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
Successimpactld:
Irrelevant body
wait a few more years.

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by moscobabs(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Somebody sud help me with CITN requirements for the exam

The cost

Duration of the exam

Stages of the exam

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Inspiration2017: 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Great

Undergraduate & Graduate Research

WhatsApp +2348180138332
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by fareed69(m): 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
Successimpactld:
Irrelevant body

Really were do you belong to.

Eiye Confraternity.

2 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by qanda: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
CITN Past Questions and Answers are available for free on Q and A App.

Download Q and A App from Google Playstore
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Abdul3391(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
never heard of them
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by efemena5050(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
Valueless institution..in fact no use just total waste
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by adedayourt(m): 11:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Congratulations to them

Still I think citn sudnt av been, just like institute of forensic accountants are fighting for independent recognition from ICAN.

They all sud b under one body of ICAN.
Now the professional is just being proliferated

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Asour: 1:17am On Nov 17, 2018
adedayourt:
Congratulations to them

Still I think citn sudnt av been, just like institute of forensic accountants are fighting for independent recognition from ICAN.

Not necessarily I think.

You see all these Professional bodies are founded/led by individuals like you and me and believe it or not the ideals/whims of their leadership (good or bad) rubs off on the Institution.

EVERY professional institution is an idea of someone somewhere and they usually have their agenda(which usually starts out good) but often soon turns selfish and overbearing.

There's an innate tendency among most humans to act in an overbearing manner when they wield Monopolistic authority.

If only one professional institution exists in a field you shouldn't expect much growth and innovation and moreso they could very easily bill their membership recklessly and with little accountabilty.

Competition is good as it allows the private sector (those whom these Institutions profess to serve) to pick the winners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Rapunzel001: 5:44am On Nov 17, 2018
Asour:

Not necessarily I think.

You see all these Professional bodies are founded/led by individuals like you and me and believe it or not the ideals/whims of their leadership (good or bad) rubs off on the Institution.

EVERY professional institution is an idea of someone somewhere and they usually have their agenda(which usually starts out good) but often soon turns selfish and overbearing.

There's an innate tendency among most humans to act in an overbearing manner when they wield Monopolistic authority

If only one professional instution exists in a field you shouldn't expect much growth and innovation and moreso they could very easily bill their membership recklessly and with little accountabilty.

Competition is good as it allows the private sector (those whom these Institutions profess to serve) to pick the winners.

Good point...
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by adedayourt(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2018
Asour:

Not necessarily I think.

There's an innate tendency among most humans to act in an overbearing manner when they wield Monopolistic authority.

If only one professional institution exists in a field you shouldn't expect much growth and innovation and moreso they could very easily bill their membership recklessly and with little accountabilty.

That's another angle from which we can view it.

Competition is good for consumable goods, but might utterly profer well for a professional body.

It might just pave a pathway to diminish standard and quality.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Successimpactld:
Irrelevant body
They are relevant.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
adedayourt:
Congratulations to them

This madness started the day ICAN started accepting anybody from different discipline to the profession. Can this happen in the legal profession?. We have lawyers in different fields but under one umbrella. It is rare to different bodies claiming one association or another.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
Asour:

Not necessarily I think.

So do you advocate for more accounting professional bodies in Nigeria?
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by adedayourt(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

This madness started the day ICAN started accepting anybody from different discipline to the profession. Can this happen in the legal profession?. We have lawyers in different fields but under one umbrella. It is rare to different bodies claiming one association or another.

Regarding the bolded I got a tale to tell and how ican is fast turning the profession into a free all.

Today I av seen graduates of medicine, computer science, cell biology, who are also chattered accountants.

And dey b arguing double entry with you, somthn dey never learnt from d rudiment
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
adedayourt:

Regarding the bolded I got a tale to tell and how ican is fast turning the profession into a free all.

Today I av seen graduates of medicine, computer science, cell biology, who are also chattered accountants.

And dey b arguing double entry with you, somthn dey never learnt from d rudiment

Do you think this is right?
Would NMA or NBA admit students without without medical or legal background?. To be best of my knowledge, a candidate aspiring to be a doctor from another field will pass the same process that others followed. Same is applicable to to Law but accounting( ICAN to be precise) is useless.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Asour: 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

So do you advocate for more accounting professional bodies in Nigeria?
Sure. High quality ones though.
High quality competition is almost always good for public interest.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Asour: 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
adedayourt:

That's another angle from which we can view it.

Competition is good for consumable goods, but might utterly profer well for a professional body.

It might just pave a pathway to diminish standard and quality.

What standards? To be honest they (in a lot of instances) have shown operational inefficiencies. real inefficiencies. Ask yourself why they always seek to stop(through legal means) any budding professional institute that seek to compete with them rather than Compete out such bodies through output alone.

They are the most prominent body around locally but as humans the tendency exists to rest on your laurels and become an arrogant Demigod if you aren't kept on your toes. High quality competition ensures this.

Anyone, Anyone, who seeks to prevent this sought of competition other than through work output was never there for public interest (Isn't that what professional bodies claim to protect?) because such a person by preventing others from entering the playing field, claims Monopoly of knowledge/skills which is not true of anyone/group.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
Asour:

Sure. High quality ones though.
High quality competition is almost always good for public interest.
That is it. ICAN monopoly is unbearable.
Re: [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
Asour:

Not necessarily I think.

Has CITN and ICAN settle their quarrel?

(1) (Reply)

Salary Of Teachers In Private Schools In Lagos / "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi / Magnifying Your Strengths: The Path To Professional Fulfillment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.