Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

"Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi (7726 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2005
Damn, call me the site finder. I was surfing for stuff on technorati.com and suprisingly came across this: "Globacom Should be GlobaCON" by some Indian-Nigerian guy called Olabisi.

Well you can't please everyone, Dr. Mike Adenuga will tell you better. What do you think?
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by obong(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2005
The Indian should go back to his country. And if he's in india, let him stay there. they have enough people there that needs his help and criticism
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Bilspop(m): 11:39pm On Aug 12, 2005
It's a pity, really. Glo has been trying if i may say. The company has been trying to roll our customer's friendly dertvice. Though, the network experience some difficulties but how true are those thisngs Olabisi said?

I just know that Glo experience network problem. Anyway, i'm not surprised at that because you all have to know the amount donated by Adenuga at the Fund raising for the Presidential Library in Abeokuta sometimes this year. The money he ought to have used to upgrade his site and give us better services. Maybe he knows what he's doing. Who would not like to be the President boy

How did he/she (olabisi) get those facts? Is he/she a sacked (or retired) worker of the company? Maybe the author should get us this facts.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by ganjamo(m): 5:15am On Aug 13, 2005
Thats [all wrong] my friend, I happen to be living testimony to Globaon's crap, though admittedly I like them better than MTN only because MTN exploited the BeJesus out of us in the beginning and dats all.

Why o why do these folks have to lie their asses off just so you get your hopes heavens high and in the end let you freefall like a meteor?

They needs to fire some of their customer service dudes as well, <snip>. God I hate Globacon!
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by twinstaiye(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2005
Glo also like money too much like MTN. Take the case of Post paid as an example, they dont explain to you in details before you activate their line. But wait until you are activated, then they will start giving you some bills that you cant even afford to pay. What they fail to tell their customer is that, when you activate their post paid line, whether you use it or not, you will pay the monthly rental fee plus the amount you use for that month. I didnt know this, I thought it was like the pre-paid, I left my line unused for upward 2 months until they start sending me bills. You should know the rest.
What about their Profitmax plus, once you purchase the line, and you activate it, unlike MTN where you are only to pay for booster anytime you inted to use the line, glo will charge you if you abandon the line. I have a friend who throw away their profitmax plus sim card when he tried to use it 3 months after abandoning it and was told that he had a due of over N15,000 on it. See wahala o, when in actual fact he did not make any profit from it, how else and where do you want him to get the money from. The guy just throw away the sim.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Seye(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2005
I used to be a MTN customer until I migrated to Glo. But you need to see the way Glo treat her customer at their Gloworld of whatever its called. Its terrible. Its like they are doing you a favour. Just pray you don't have to visit the, you'll be dissappointed. Its very disgusting.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by QUAM: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2005
That is typical of a lot of Nigerian companies, they always feel like they are doing you a favor, banks, mr biggs, you name it and the fact is, you are doing them a favor. I always set them straight, customer is not king in Nigeria. We have to change that backward mentality.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by diakim(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2005
The guy Olabisi is on an act of Vendetta.. He is wasting his time and energy. If he has any thing against Globacom he should go to court and slug it out.

To you folks joining issues with Globacom here, tell me, which other Telecom company is not behaving likewise? Are you all saying you are giving a clean bill of health to MTN & VMobile?
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by twinstaiye(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2005
Diakim, I dont think you like glo as much as I do. I make sure all my family are on glo line. While I am not disputing the fact that other networks are as bad as glo too, the point remains that, their shortcomings on this aspect needs to be put forward. I still prefer glo as my best network, but the aspect pointed above is the sorry side of Glo and I want to be part of those pointing it out too.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by busybyte: 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2005
I recently obtained my Glo-line because I want to easily connect to NITEL land line numbers
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by uchetobi(f): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2005
I wouldnt know about wat he is saying but glo has problems. u send txt it says msg sending failed. but ur money is going. dats d most irritating thing about glo
but mtn u send a msg and its not able 2 reach its recipient. ur 15 bucks is coming right back at u
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by jonpinjeff(m): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2005
I Think Olabisi should float his own Private Telecom Network if he thinks HE can do better. Enough of all these negative criticism and pour of venom. How long will we keep stinging our fellow country men , emerging cyberpreneurs -cum excellence and their glowing initiatives. For me Globacom is a great success. Globacom has been able to give the Poor Customer/Employee Service Oriented MTN of South Africa a run for their money. [Infact I solicit a boycott of that network] I am a

To Otunba Mike Adenuga and other Enterpreneurs that have and are planning to invest in Nigeria, I say thumbs up. We are patient and will remain patient and understanding enough to stomach your little setbacks and mistakes. From these we believe you'll emerge better positioned to compete in the emerging Global Village.

Please Ride on. This is just the beginning. At least we have to start from somewhere
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by jonpinjeff(m): 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2005
I Think Olabisi should float his own Private Telecom Network if he thinks HE can do better. Enough of all these negative criticism and pour of venom. How long will we keep stinging our fellow country men , emerging cyberpreneurs -cum excellence and their glowing initiatives. For me Globacom is a great success. Globacom has been able to give the Poor Customer/Employee Service Oriented MTN of South Africa a run for their money. [Infact I solicit a boycott of that network] on Nationalistic grounds

To Otunba Mike Adenuga and other Enterpreneurs that have and are planning to invest in Nigeria, I say thumbs up. We are patient and will remain patient and understanding enough to stomach your little setbacks and mistakes. From these we believe you'll emerge better positioned to compete in the emerging Global Village.

Please Ride on. This is just the beginning. At least we have to start from somewhere
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by crappy: 12:40am On Jan 27, 2006
If you come to reason with this Indian, you might definitely make some sense out of his yarns. Labour laws are blantantly flaunted and that's the cruz of his banters. A contract is an agreement that is meant to be upheld by both parties. You may want to despise his guts because of his nationality but what of the Nigerians that are equally working there and are being metted with same treatment.

The country will go further if the civil populace stands to refute all flagrant refusal to obey the laws of the land. Else everyone should expect to give an arm and a leg for such epilectic mobile services simply because a company will not conform to the well stated regulatory standards and specifications for installing a mobile network. Else everyone should expect to work with a tyrant who will work you from 8am in the morning till 11pm at night every single day of the week because no one deem's it fit to refer him/her to a standard work ethics laid out in your work contrat (aside the national labour laws). In EEC, you are not permited to work for more than 40hours a week and yet each of the country is far more productive (GDP clearly shows that) than Nigeria, aside the fact that the same human specie work in both environment.

The Indian has cried out loud on the net, which is becoming a very powerful tool, and it's left to Nigerians to pick it up and redress the issue. Nigeria does not need to be lured by the great looks of a corporation and ignore basic work ethos. Anyone should run a company anyhow he/she choose to - micromanagement or expansive delegation - so long it operates within the laws of the land.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Seun(m): 1:25am On Mar 23, 2006
Wow, Trae, this topic you have started is indeed interesting!
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Ashiwaju(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2006
Glo can be messy just like every other network but its still tiwa n tiwa, na owambe, our own, since the foreign counter parts are messing up aswell, whats the biggie if one man thinks glo is blah blah and blah. like one person talk, olabisicom would not be a bad idea and lets see where he goes from there. i dont like glo either but men, na our own ooo and beta start thanking them because if not for them, GSM fair and tariffs wont be this low ooo, see all those offer men he no easy them dey threaten vmobile and mtn.

As regards the way banks and some offices treats customers, meeeeen its like they are doing you a favour ooo but what you need know is, as soon as they mess up with you, please give it back at them right immediately and they would respect you. even police man hold you for road, him go hala first then you hala back. na just ijanu as yoruba dey call am.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by kimba(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2006
@all

Please don't crucify Trae_Z because of his post. They Olabisi guy he is referring to is telling the truth.

The idea is this: Why should Oga Mike treat his staff so shamefully, all because he's got the money. Have y'all talked to any glo-staff recently, Yes, the salary is fair enough, but most of them, by the time they leave Glo's Premises, its like a hand just loosened around their throats,

If the owner was an Oyinbo man and people would complain about bad treatment as staffs, don't you think we should be concerned, worse is if he is a Nigerian, like Adenuga.

10 CEOs in 2years is nothing to write home about, it only shows hes a bad M.D. Now since there are no labor laws that one can hang on to in Nigeria, how can the staff complain. And is it right for him to be charging you for collecting your salary, since it goes straight into DevCom Bank, and you have to pay service-charge Fee before you withdraw, hes just milking his staff, thats it. And the Government knows about it, EFCC knows about it, and they wont do anything, coz they've got their monthly perks coming in.

see what a South African has to say:
a South African said,
Hi I must say I found your site and comments interesting . I too worked for the mighty man . I was lured from South Africa with promises of a home, car and a salary paid on time etc.
What did I find , well I got the car and the apartment but the working conditions were shocking and getting paid was another story , he still owes me US $ 30 000.
I see a lot of comments regarding the treatment of the Indian staff and this was very poor but quite frankly the people I felt sorry for the most were the Nigerians who worked for him. They were treated extremely badly , I found my Nigerian colleagues to be well educated, enthusiastic,eager and keen to learn.
In return they were threatened , demeaned, abused , their confidence undermined and some cases completely destroyed.
If anything one ends up feeling sorry for Mike Adenuga he is so insecure that only he can be right , he is so frightened that he can not let anyone get on and do the very job that he employed them to do. He could have put up his network for a fraction of the price it has cost him and he would have launched sooner. The reality is that Globacom will only survive for as long as Nigerians have no other choice . Once Econet / Vmobile gets its ownership problems sorted out and especially if Vodacom /Vodaphone enter the market he will be squeezed between MTN and Vodacom two very professional , first world operators. How on earth can you expect happy,loyal customers if you do not have happy, loyal employees.
I am a great believer that every dog has his day , Adenuga's day is coming, he does Nigeria no favours and in fact seriously undermines the efforts of all the decent Nigerians with his unethical behaviour. In conclusion whether you are a local Nigerian or an expatriate understand that whatever Adenuga promises you will not be delivered.
Good luck to Nigeria , with people like Adenuga at the top of the heap you are going to need it.

Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by dearie(m): 8:59am On May 30, 2006
Hmm, , This talk about Adenuga is begining to gnaw me, it appears everybody working for this guy is just doin it because of the peculiarity of the nation(Unemployment), pple are always complaining about him, though sometimes he appears to be very down-to-earth, but most of the time, it is this attitude of his that is being flashlit to the outside world. I just hope he gets to retrace his steps b4 he loses his customers, because if Nigerians decide to boycott his services he wii be the one to 'pay' for it.
My own problem with him(not him alone though) is the flagrant disregard for those that graduated with 2.2, there are a million and one reasons why pple finish with 2.2 besides just being an average student. (This is not the issue here), i just felt i should reflect my grouse against him too.
Pls, anyone that has a personal relationship with him shl talk to this great man b4 he crashes. I pray he doesn't though.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Hotstepper(f): 3:34pm On May 30, 2006
I like GLO, ma best phone company and da man should go and sit down, nonsense
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by lukkie(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2006
i dont think all these people complaining about mike adenuga are wrong. a proverb in my language says that if everybody is complaining about u, then u have to check urself.

in fact i know some1 working in globacom who is constantly complaining. it is true d man has very bad managerial practices (at least judging by 21st century business). and u cannot refute what d indians are saying just like that. any company can recruit expatriates but u have 2 give them what u promise, its not only a moral obligation but a legal one. those are the things countries agree to in the WTO. i hope u heard about the ongoing case of APPLE computer allegedly using chinese factory workers in the manufacture of its ipods under slave conditions in china.

the case of globacom reminds me of junior high school economics - the disadvantages of sole proprietorship. this is exactly what happens if you solely run a business especially when u're some1 wit d management attitude of mike adenuga. globacom has a bad organizational structure. a company ought to have a proper board of directors where decisions about company practices are made.

and for nigerians defending him, of course we all appreciate his investments in the country, but it all boils down to making profit. mike adenuga is out to make more and more money.

some people are also talking talking about the products of globacom. the problems are obviously from the top. if ur company is filled with staffs who are just waiting to get a better job, then what d u expect? besides, the man is not talking about products, rather about the attitude of the chairman and the structure of the company.

my family members & myself all use glo, i think they're better, but we have to put sentiments aside and tell the truth.
i agree with the people speaking out, u never can tell, their voice might ultimately be heard and things change for the better. i wish mr. mike adenuga the best.

cheers.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by TMoney4(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2006
Complains! Conplains!! conplains!!! that is all you get from nigerians about there fellow nigerian that is trying to invest in their country.

I agree, nobody is perfect but we should learn to apreciate nigerian things.
for God sake see things positively!

Instead of people to be against foreigners that comes to nigeria to reap us of with no regard and repects for the enviroment, the people and even there own employees.

As far as i am concerned, Glo is the best Network and they are doing there best!

The foreigners are worst. Think nigerian and appreciate nigerian things.

About the indian guy, i will say go back to your country and sleep. leave Mike alone. at least  he is a nigerian that has created jobs for nigerians.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Ashiwaju(m): 6:19pm On Jun 22, 2006
T_money,

You sure have point but like it is said keep sentiments aside? why call glo the best netwrok? na yam?

and if Whites Administers black we would understand for racist reasons, what wuld you do to blacks administering blacks?

Lets the criticism continue jare atleast he would see his bad from there grin
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by TMoney4(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2006
Asiwaju,

Tell me which network is better? at least i know they have the best overrall noetwork quality. Remember Glo started 2 years after the other operations and they have the second position in the sector now.

However if my country man administer me then i think its better than a white man in own country, cheating and pushing the citizens around. They can try half of what they get away with here in there home countries. if not for the irresponsible government we have.

Noboby is perfect, i think you should appreciate the good side and not the bad.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by sleekmike(m): 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2006
Are you talking about our own Glo.Boy you better forget it. Glo is our own and we are so happy with it. That is why we Glo with pride. These other companies are there to dupe us but Glo is the only company with a human face.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2006
I USE A GLO AND VMOBILE LINE AND I KNOW THE WAY GLO CHARGE THEIR CUSTOMERS AND ITS REALLY BAD.AS FOR NOW I THINK THE BEST TELCOM COMPANY IS VMOBILE,THEY A CUSTOMER FRIENDLY AND THEY AT LEAST TRIED AND MADE THEIR CALL CENTRE FREE OF CHARGE,UNLIKE MTN N GLO ( IF YOU NO GET MONEY NA IM BE SAY YOU NO FIT CALL THEM WEN U GET PROBLEm)WHICH IS VERY BAD.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Ashiwaju(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2006
Glo is never going to be the best network and please dont get carried away by the promotions you see around you.

vmobile is taking the lead and if you say the whites are here to administer us then tell that to yah govt cus if you've got a good govt, there would be no reason for anyone to dupe us and run with our money like you have said and these same laws would curtail the bad and the dooms of adenuga making him a better person.

Glo is never the best for now and please keep sentiments away from reality. Adenuga is a Nigerian no doubt & the brains behind glo are not nigerias. gerrit!.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2006
sleekmike:

Are you talking about our own Glo.Boy you better forget it. Glo is our own and we are so happy with it. That is why we Glo with pride. These other companies are there to dupe us but Glo is the only company with a human face.
SINCE GLO IS OUR OWN (ABEG BEG DEM SAY SINCE WE BE THEIR PPLE MAKE DEM TRY DEY REDUCE PRICE FOR THEIR OWN COUNTRY PPLE.)INSTEAD OF EXTORTING FROMTHEIR OWN PEOPLE.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by TMoney4(m): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

SINCE GLO IS OUR OWN (ABEG BEG DEM SAY SINCE WE BE THEIR PPLE MAKE DEM TRY DEY REDUCE PRICE FOR THEIR OWN COUNTRY PPLE.)INSTEAD OF EXTORTING FROMTHEIR OWN PEOPLE.

I think you know who is extorting you. i also have the two networks and an insider to the third. which other network give airtime bonus like Glo? i dont think you understand what you taking about.

probably you have a personal beef. if you taking about extortion then you know who to turn to, dont you?

Haba! Nigerians be Nigerian for one, all we do is spoil, destroy and wish nigerian things bad. We embraze foreign things and dispise ours.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by lukkie(m): 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2006
i think people have almost derailed this topic. the original initiator of the argument was not talking about the services of glo as a telco, rather he was talking about the management style of mr. mike adenuga. and the way he treats his staffers, especially expatriates.

am not surprised many people dont understand this cos they's not familiar with the behind-the-scenes happenings in companies. as nigerians, globacom can be whatever we want to be cos "it's our own." its also understandable to defend it against a company such as MTN but if people have got complaints against their boss, plz let them air them. if there are no labor laws in the country to defend them, at least let the court of public opinion do.

i will beg u to try and find some1 working in etb, glo or former devcom and ask him about the chairman. if they wont lie to you, then u'll get the true picture of him from them.

but dont get me wrong, i personally admire some1 like for his shrewdness with business, and like i said above, i use glo and i think its better. but this is an issue between the boss and his employees for god's sake.
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by abdulkadir(m): 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2006
n'lander i dont thinolabisi should be crucified just like that if any ofg us have friends or families working in glo you might want to sympathise with him anyway
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by Mystique(f): 11:15am On Jul 03, 2006
Glo is kool as a service provider (35 free SMS's evry month, etc),

But they treat their staff like sh*t angry
Re: "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi by BIGBUSA: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2006
BIG B (USA), Still the same state of mind, but different attitude:

The Indians should focus their energy on evaluating employment opprtunities improvement in their country, instead of hating Nigerian employers and fighting one another over power struggle.
They should allow Nigerians to resolve their own issues.
What many people do not understand is the fact that Indians have their own internal problems, e.g The conflict with the Indians from south, competition on who can kiss ass the most and so on. I think this issue has nothing to do with GLOBACOM or Nigeria, It's more or less a cultural factor.
Identify comments posted by Indians and pay attention to their tone, and quickly you will understand where I'm coming from.

No disrespect, but one has to be an animal to run a successful business in Nigeria. Everyone around you or your business are constantly studing an effective strategy to get over one way or the other,

You have to be extremly strong mentally and physically to hold Mike Adenuga's position. It's not an easy position, You want to help your people and your country, but at the same time you're constantly watching everybody, as we all know, 98% of the population can not be trusted. Hence you have to act like an animal, a bastard and a beast, or else folks will be taking advantage of you and your investment.

The game of employment can not be understood unless you become an employer. You definitely take care of the top notches that you can trust.
But why should one give you cars, houses etc, even if you have been promised when you have not done or showed any of the incredible things you've listed or displayed on your resume,
And trust me that how it is all over the world, Every sigle boss or employer has something very common to the way Mike operate his businesses. Even Donald Trump could be very firm and nasty, the same thing with P.DIDDY and the rest of the big wigs all over the world, But there is one thing that is not common, dealing with Nigerians, Kudos to Mike, You have to be ready and nasty to function effectively in Nigerian society. Let's be honest with one another.

People also need to understand the true definition of job,

Let's stop disrespecting a man who has provided food for many families in Nigeria.
A man who has brought back hope for the new generation.
A man who continues to invest heavily in the country like Nigerian where nobody else is truly willing to do the same, Let's face the fact, he didn't have to do any of these things.

Could someone mention if any of the so so called leaders have the same vission or mission Mike has?
I don't think so,

So let's pray for the country, the investors, the leaders and the Nigerian people,
JFK made this wonderful statement before he was killed "stop asking what your country can do for you, start thinking what you can do for your country"
I believe Mike is trying his best in his own way, It's time for us to step up and do something positive for the country, instead of crying and begging.

Peace to Nigeria.

cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Must Not Work In Banks / UBA Bank Downsizes / [PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.