Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Blackberry Browsing Needed! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Browsing Needed! (4929 Views)

My Samsung Android Phone Is Not Browsing-HELP ME PLEASE! / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Browsing Needed! by teeepeee1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
Just got this blackberry curve2 and dont have money 2 connect d bis, any1 knows how to browse without haveing 2 pay d 5k?, pls get back to me asap, 08024422147
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by n3rve(m): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2010
They are other complicated solutions to this issue you may want to check out. This is a simple one I'm assuming should work, I cannot test since I have an active BIS subscription. Now it depends on your carrier's gateway and the transport protocol it uses, however connecting via an APN might work.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by teeepeee1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2010
pls wats an APN?, and how do i go about it?
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by cecegorz(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
Teepee,
If you are on MTN, you are game. With Zain, you can only access their own home site.
Drop your email if you are on MTN and i'll send you the settings. You'll just browse as u go!

God bless MTN jare!
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by sunboy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2010
I posted a free bb browsing, it seem the moderator deleted it.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by cecegorz(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hey guys, why is it that i browse normally with my BB browser but if i launch Opera browser, it comes up with an error that am not connected to the internet.
It seems Opera chooses a diff APN for its own connectivity. Somebody help with d settings!!!
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by eyomade(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
hello pla plz i just got a bb 9630 tour and i find it difficult to browse on it i cant even check my balance or load a recharge card on it.
plz can u send me the configuration settings to browse on bb9630.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by texazzpete(m): 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
teeepeee1:

Just got this blackberry curve2 and dont have money 2 connect d bis, any1 knows how to browse without haveing 2 pay d 5k?, pls get back to me asap, 08024422147

Why the heck would you get a BB when you cannot afford BIS? A bb without BIS is crap.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by Sharon6(f): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
If you can't afford the monthly 5k, glo now offers daily BIS for #400 just send "bisday" to "777". Or MTN weekly BIS PLAN for #1300, just send "BBweek" to "21600". Hope this helps.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by cecegorz(m): 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2010
texazzpete:

Why the heck would you get a BB when you cannot afford BIS? A bb without BIS is crap.

Take it easy on the dude. He's probably looking @d future and decided to get device for now, BIS can be sorted out later.

@OP, if you are on MTN, you can do the manual APN setting and browse as you go with your recharge card. Nothing do you. The young shall grow is a popular saying, aight?
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by coolpee(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2010
@cecegorz
Please i need the settings as regards the subject above. I will be very happy if you can send the info to my mail box.

petertriplet@yahoo.com

thanks a lot
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by justlaw(m): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
Please, can you also send me the settings for the blackberry pay as you go for MTN network.
I will truly appreciate this.

Here's my email: justlaw15@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by lovinboi(m): 8:42am On Aug 06, 2010
pl
cecegorz:

Teepee,
If you are on MTN, you are game. With Zain, you can only access their own home site.
Drop your email if you are on MTN and i'll send you the settings. You'll just browse as u go!

God bless MTN jare!

, bros, plz help out ohhhhhhhhhh grin grin fenks!
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by sunboy(m): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2010
Anybody using ZAIN! , simple download opera 5 and start browsing FOC! , or you can subscribe the 1k for 100mb if you like
If you use glo and etisalat forget it.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by cecegorz(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2010
For the guys that requested APN settings, av delivered to you.

But i will advice that it is still far cheaper to do BIS that using WAP services.

You can easily clear 1k in one day under WAP charges. But 1.3k can get you one whole week under BIS, plus all the full works involved.

Enjoy!
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by fodiyo(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2010
Pls how do I get full access to Nairaland profiles and pictures using my BB. Can somebody come to my asst.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by cecegorz(m): 9:40am On Aug 13, 2010
^^^
Google Bolt browser for BB and download asap. It gives u all d works.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by fodiyo(m): 10:32am On Aug 13, 2010
Thank you sir! It works perfectly
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by Marhoski(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2010
sunboy:

Anybody using ZAIN! , simple download opera 5 and start browsing FOC! , or you can subscribe the 1k for 100mb if you like
If you use glo and etisalat forget it.
Plz explain this well, do you need to do settings or you just connect normally?
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by fxproff(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2010
everyone is funny here, to have a BB is not all about BIS plan BB is a phone like everyother cell with high facilities, i have a BB and i activate the BIS when i want, i can afford the Plan but i see no use since i have a 24hrs internet on my laptop, so u shouldnt say BB is useless without BIS,
for you that wantto browse u can always use your WAP, that will be deducting from ur credit , for surfing the net ONLY.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by Stallion84(m): 12:54am On Sep 16, 2010
i get billed for video streaming! is there a way to stop this. i love you-tube
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by princestan25: 12:54am On Nov 21, 2010
please i don't need browsing anyway, but i've got a little problem i want solved here. i can't see an upgrade icon on my bb. what do i do?
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by texazzpete(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2010
fxproff:

everyone is funny here, to have a BB is not all about BIS plan BB is a phone like everyother cell with high facilities, i have a BB and i activate the BIS when i want, i can afford the Plan but i see no use since i have a 24hrs internet on my laptop, so u shouldnt say BB is useless without BIS,
for you that wantto browse u can always use your WAP, that will be deducting from your credit , for surfing the net ONLY.

Without the BIS facilities, the BB is one of the lamest smartphone platforms out there. If you weren't going to use BIS, then buying a BB instead of a vastly superior Android device is rather puzzling.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by Stallion84(m): 12:14am On Nov 22, 2010
still no word on how to stop bin charged for video streaming on my BB
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by benzion72(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2010
I know guys on this forum are highly intelligent and does a lot of research. I will like to find out if anybody has being able to figure out out how to use etisalt BIS as a modem. Zain is very easy to tether but they have a terrible snail speed. But i have not gotten enough intelligence on how to make etisalat work. Instead of consuming BIS it is consuming Virtual credit on the phone. Does it have to do with the service book or what?.

I will appreciate any better intelligence on this. I do not see sense in holding BB and buying modem again, carrying so many device and having to pay for BB and easynet.
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by nevosys(m): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2010
@ benzion72

Please help me with settings and instructions on how to thethered with Zain or MTN.
thanks.

nevosys@gmail.com
Re: Blackberry Browsing Needed! by bbstore: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2011
CALL TUNDE ON 07056799937 IF INTERESTED, WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG IN ORDER TO GET NEW STOCK, THE PRICE IS 50K. FRESH IN BOX WITH THE CHARGER AND POUCH.

BLACKBERRY JAVELIN AND TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

THEY ARE VERY NEAT AND ALMOST NEW.

Trackpad navigation
Bright, hi-resolution screen
Full QWERTY keyboard
3G technology
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® enabled
256MB flash Memory
3.2 MP digital Camera with
Video Camera
Multimedia Player
Wireless Email
Organiser
Browser
Phone
SMS/MMS

CALL TUNDE ON 07056799937 IF INTERESTED, WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR LONG IN ORDER TO GET NEW STOCK, THE PRICE IS 50K. FRESH IN BOX WITH THE CHARGER AND POUCH.

BLACKBERRY JAVELIN AND TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE

THEY ARE VERY NEAT AND ALMOST NEW.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Restore Android Phones To Original Default State! / Full Review Of The Gionee M3mini / How Often Do You Change Your Ringtone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.