Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,595 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. (578 Views)

Boarding Students Turn Tiktokers (Video) / Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. by PStacks(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2018
The Menace of Boarding Houses for Secondary School Education.
18-11-2018 | Education

Some Archaic culture's Just keep passing down.

Just Because it is a Culture or tradition doesnt make it Right!...

When I been dey FGCKaduna, I chop total of 492 Slaps.

Before una talk say na lie I dey lie. Let me break it down.

Welcome to JSS 1 I chop 68 Slaps. Small innocent boy fresh to school and just in JSS1 My House Captain Senior Mathias had told some of his class mates in SS3 that One Mr. Ekpako's brother just entered JSS1.

By the way, Mr Ekpako was my Uncle and was an Economics Teacher and also the Dinning Hall Master at the Time.

some Seniors would just see me and be like.. oooo, Are you the one they say Mr Ekpako is your Uncle, and I would be like Yes im the one.

2 Slaps immediately..

DDK came to our Hostel one night when i was in JSS 1 and lied that he gave somebody his Jeans to wash but cant remember the person and so all of us must contribute to pay for the jeans.

I was plotting to eascape the "A Boy d Last" calling. I had escaped successfully ooo. Only for my aluminiun plate to fall down and made the clinging sound.

DDK: who be that.... I just submitted myself. 4 slaps that can reset your brain to manufacturers settings was my portion that night.

Those were the heaviest slaps I every reveived all my life as a young JSS1 pupil. I saw Stars in the sky in the Afternoon. and it was not night time when stars usually came up.

Next was Senior Bosky, Senior Lucifer, Senior Black-Jesus and Senior Tear-Gas and Senior Scroboje.

They caught me smuggling Beans from the Dinning hall. Ordinary beans that everybody looked down on.

when these group of seniors saw me, they acusted me and asked what they should do to me.

Bosky said I should go and wash toilet 1 to 5. scroboje collected the beans and ate it. Lucifer and Black-Jesus sent me to Brazana to buy them #100 naira food but they gave me only # 20 and asked me to come back with #50 Change.

senior Shabem was passing by and asked for my offence. They told him.

walahi it was 4 slaps. Slaps with Thunder and lightening.

Then I entered JSS 2 I was getting smarter and sharper. I started learning new tricks.

I strated learning how to hide in the ceiling. Started learning how to live jungle life.

by the way. Jungle life is having all your belongings from plate, spoon, Cup, soap and spong, toothbrush and tootpaste, school uniform and house wear. All your essentials in your bag and get it mobile with you. So anywhere wey night reach u, na dia u sleep.

u can move from class to dinning hall without visiting hostel so as to avoid un-necessary slap u didnt plan for.

One Day. Me and Augustine Kwanashie were in the Dinning Hall and DDK brought his book and droped on the table and in his words..

" You, Bring my books to my Class for me".

I told Augustine my name was not "You". Augustines sef at dat time don dey grow small small liver. Himself tell me say his name was not "You".

so I left the books on the table hoping Augustine would chicken out and pick the book. Walahi Augustine didnt carry the book.

so, the book remained there. In the Night my mates started telling me DDK was looking for me and Augustine.

If DDK is looking for u, you are as good as dead.

I ran to staff quaters hoping he would catch only Augustine and chi-uban-sa..

because I loved food so much I couldnt afford to miss dinning hall.

one day after food, I just Heard "All JSS 2 boys MUST wait Behind".

I saw Senior Chudi labour prefect, I saw Senior Barnabas. Barnabas hand is as wide as 2 peoples hand, if he slaps u, the slap would not land only on your cheek, it must cover your Nose, your eyes and almost blind your 2nd eye sef. It was dat Bad.

Aliyu kwado just came and said that is the Boy DDK is looking for. Senior Aliyu Kwado Never liked me for one day.

he submitted me to DDK. Jesus Christ. That was the most misrable day of my life. I didnt want to continue in that devilish school again, I wanted to drop out of school to go and learn Mechanic.

next thing ooo. Me and my friends in JSS 3 we were about 8 in number. it was getting to end of term so we were a little free. We were going from Hostel to Class and we didnt tuck-in our shirt.

Senior-Best saw us and called 8 of us. Asked us to make a line and start to slap ourselves one by one.

so it means you will slap 7 people and 7 people would slap you 7 times. 49 slaps in total per person and God bless you, you dont slap well.

immediately Isa Majam Slapped Kelechi Eberendu, the poor boy just started to cry, so my turn to slap him, I didnt slap him well,

senior Best just smiled. Dan ubanka, is that how to slap? Come let me teach you.

my brother, that was when I knew America and Iraq war was childs play.

Towais.. that landed on my face, I was dazzed and confused and pissed in my trouser that day. I landed In the dispesary for typhoid and Malaria at the same time. 2 weeks after that slap I was always massaging my cheek.

SS1 I was sleeping in Nite Prep. One senior was passing by, he asked me, are u supposed to be reading or sleeping. I said I was tired and please he should forgive me.

he said he wanted the sleep to clear off my eyes so I should frog-jump. I tot that was all oo.

I frog-jumped where the remaining people with my kind of offence were.

what was our offence, obeying call of Nature. We were sleeping at around 10pm nigerian time. Abeg is dat too bad to be sleeping by 10pm.

oga, Heavy slap wey land my face that night ehnnnn. No be here.

in all, from my JSS1 to SS 2, I chop like 834 slaps.

when I reach SS 3 as tradition na.. me sef slap people children close to 430 slaps.

Minus 430 slap wey me sef slap people from the 834 slaps wey I chop.

that was how I arrived at the total slaps I choped in Federal Government College, Malali Kaduna.

I look back today, im more than proud of those moments.

ProUnitate my Brothers.

https://www.omascope.com/education/the-menace-of-boarding-houses-for-secondary-school-education
Re: The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. by dingbang(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2018
I was thinking I would be reading an article, but this is bulshiit
Re: The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. by PStacks(m): 11:04am On Nov 18, 2018
dingbang:
I was thinking I would be reading an article, but this is goal bulshiit

thank you sir. That was real re-assuring. Im glad you read it all to arrive at your conclusion. .. lets just say it is alternative writing.
Re: The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. by MJBOLT: 11:20am On Nov 18, 2018
i could not even read the trash half way

dingbang:
I was thinking I would be reading an article, but this is goal bulshiit
Re: The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. by PStacks(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2018
MJBOLT:
i could not even read the trash half way

grin grin
Re: The Menace Of Boarding Houses For Secondary School Education. by Anotii(m): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2018
I see

(1) (Reply)

Breaking | NDU Student Shot Dead By Policemen (photos) / University Of Calabar School Fees Schedule For 2018/2019 Academic Session. / Taking Physiology Seriously Or Getting Dentistry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.