Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions (33262 Views)

Lilian Salami Seeks EFCC Collaboration To Fight Corruption, Yahoo Boys / Acceptance Fee: The Protruding Menace In Our Institutions / Universities Sex Abuse: Aisha Buhari Wants Muslims, Christians To Fight Menace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by kennybabs1980: 7:32am On Jun 12, 2021
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.

The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include

- examination malpractices
- absenteeism from classes, practicals and even examinations
- indecent dressing and make ups by male students
- fighting dangerously among yahoo boys gangs
- assault on other students
- assault on lecturers and other workers
- asking female lecturers out (sometimes including married women)
- over speeding on campuses (roads in most campuses are very narrow)
- upsurge in the intake of alcohols, hard substances including weeds
- lack of respect for anyone including institution's management members.

There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing.

These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places.

My question is where is this country heading?
Is there any solution to this menace?
For I know for sure is that there is always a repercussion for these.
Do we really have a future in these?

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased. The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include
- lack of respect for anyone including institution's management members. There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing
These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places

Stop being jealous naw.

When did students becoming rich from vices become a problem of a lecturer who is supposed to focus on how to sell handouts? grin

265 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by tobillionaire(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased. The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include let's ask slawormir
- lack of respect for anyone including institution's management members. There was the case of such a students who insulted his school rector and was suspended by the school SDC only for a high court judge to issue and order reversing the suspension a week later for lack of what the judge called fair hearing
These are just a few of the new tendencies lecturers and other workers now witness in our work places

We néed to ask slawormiir

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by SportsHD: 8:04am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
I work as a lecturer in a monotechnic, and since 2018, we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased. The situation have become so worrisome because of all the vices associated with this new student status have increased tremendously. These include
Bros, go sit down one place. Stop hating, god go do your own

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by ceejay10(m): 8:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Mumu lecturer. Mind your business.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by sonofanarchy(m): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2021
Pure jealousy and sadistic, I bet those nice lecturers are the ones enjoying the students, free ride, flexing while you wicked souls will continue to wail.

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by 02Kebreal(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by omoadeleye(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Yahoo boys have invaded the threat.

Yahoo boys should stop insulting Buhari and the presidency.

Yahoo boys should do their own while the government should also do their own.

May God bless the real legit hustlers one day.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Flamees(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
kennybabs1980:
we have seen an upsurge in the number of students driving exotic vehicles in the campus. But since we resumed from the COVID-19 lockdown late last year, the number of students with such cars and weird lifestyles have increased.
Jealousy at it's peak

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by slawormiir: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Pussy ass lecturer

Lecturer of bad energy
Stay far away

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by lordparcel: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Pick up your device and start a Phishing Career grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by mrwonlasewonie: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
grin

They're filling the gap of Nigeria's leadership failure and irresponsibility

Imagine a graduate buying text books, photocopying, going for lectures in both pleasant and unpleasant situations,poor parents borrowing money and selling their properties to see their kids graduate and then boom.hes just at home for 5 years and he's seeing his mates driving big cars and living the dream life, what do you expect?
Baba Tani ise wun?

Am I supporting cyber crime? Absolutely not but I'm stating that the government's Mal administration over the years and the horrible rape of the Political economy has created an avenue for criminals to thrive

Electricity they won't provide
Conducive environment for jobs,no
Security,for where

And you expect cyber criminals not to increase

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by babyfaceafrica: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
This table

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by EmmaLege: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
angry
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by CalabarPikin: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Knowing too well they have no assurance of getting a job talk more of lucrative one, they choose to employ themselves in whatever way...after all our daddy dullard have clearly stated no job vacancy that if we want job, make we calm down....calm down as as how is what I don't get..

I don't like or support fraudulent acts.......but if u get mind to run am, I wish you luck in your pressing

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by TimmyTen(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Ripple effects of bad governance,corruption and unemployment

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by naijadrivablog: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
The yeye lecturer should learn to use a good body cream for clearer skin.

Envy de smell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by yesloaded: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by SILVERLINES: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
cheesy

The comments section have been taken over by Yahoo boys themselves

See them for up dere

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Not every rich/good looking young guy is engaged in social vices though...

2 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by wpadmin: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Nigerians support evil but when the evil affects them directly, they cry foul.

Both the leaders and the citizens lack foresight. The government is not ready to fight poverty and youths don’t understand the Negative impact of doing fraud.

If EFCC is ready, they should drop a website to report fraudsters. A lot of people are ready to report for free.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by cassidy1996(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
The government should war more on poverty

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ugandatales: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
The level of Yahoo Boys in the society in general has increased. I don't even know how to feel about it.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Dozis: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Those of you justifying 419 are not better than our leaders.
I was defrauded of ₦20,000 once like that and it pained me Sao much, just imagine what the victims of these fraudsters pass through, some even borrow money to give fraudsters, some have committed suicide and some went to jail because they used money they were not supposed to touch.
If you are a yahoo boy just imagine if roles were reversed, how will you feel?
Let's call a spade what it is, Yahoo is evil.

191 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2021
grin
Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Cutehector(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2021
Tell your govt they failed youths.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by Gkay1(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2021
Because you are struggling doesn't mean everybody will struggle to be opulent.
Stop giving excuse or jealous over someone's life.
LIFE IS PER HEAD.

5 Likes

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by mbahdi(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2021
G

1 Like

Re: Menace Of Yahoo Boys In Our Institutions by ictjobber: 9:29am On Jun 12, 2021
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kano Student Sets Himself On Fire Over Inability To Pay NECO Fees / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Sex For Grades: Prof. Okwechime Emmanuel Of UNIBEN Defends Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.