Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? - Business (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (100248 Views)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by lemmyBE: 12:09am On Apr 10, 2019
luvluvluv:
Wow!Wow!Wow!

To An extent I feel relieved reading about others.
Early this year, I took a loan of 500k and wanted to invest in my crypto busines. Sent money to some random btc dealers and my wallet never got funded. Am currently repaying for loan I never used. Baby things, family upkeep etc dey there too.

I hope I get back up pretty soon coz av been very terrible..

Dammm.. why didn't you buy your btc through a trusted exchanger like coinbase, luno etc..
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by NairalandAngel(m): 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2019
koolaid87:
Buying transcorp shares

I can relate
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:54am On May 01, 2019
clive2u:
rich people full here o
i feel rich already quoting u guys
My brother no bi only u. Ever since I came across this thread, I HV not off my phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:30am On May 02, 2019
Purplekush:
as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

Then I started trying out new investments...

LONG STORY SHORT: lost 800k to MMM. By Feb when MMM was confirmed to have crashed, I went ahead to lose another 1 Million naira and 6 months trying to set up another online business.

The painful part was not the 6 months of no income but the bad timing.

because, I had already paid for some plots of land before then. Paid for my new apartment. Was about making down payment for a new Corolla 2015 model when MMM crashed... and the investment started acting funny.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I come lose lappy wey I buy 250k then Acer V Nitro. I was so depressed the only thing that kept me from SUICIDE was MaryJane. I owe my life to her smiley

But then I was able to cash out around 300k plus on the 1mil investment and I am currently on another HOT NICHE and just 2 months in it i am glad to say I now make at least 9 to 15k a day.

By God's grace and if this one goes well, I should be hitting 7figures per month from next year. INSHA ALLAH! AMEN.

Nothing beats losing money to some yeye deal. It brings out the adrenaline in you.

WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL STARTERS: think Internet business. It's cheap to start and gives you room to make mistakes with less financial loses. Besides, the ROI is totally insane!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.
Bro I sent u pm. Pls reply
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Engineermbugame(m): 4:23pm On May 02, 2019
Learned something here... Into plumbing business ND installation... Never lose in business
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by mentro: 6:29pm On May 02, 2019
ShenTeh:
Between my wife and I, lost over 12m in MMM.

Say what you like, but I have learnt my lessons.

2. My friend and I wanted to build a mini estate on a 6 full plot of land, based on speculation. Gave 2/3 the money for the purchase of the land to my friend. He was expected to add the 3rd and pay up. Kept in touch, did several trips, saw the land, secured it and had the plans drawn.

Two years later, the land was gone! Selling family told me, my friend payed for only ONE plot and never showed up with the balance. So, they have sold the land to someone else! We could come back by next week for the money we deposited!

My friend was there and sweating under a/c. Me, I couldn't breath properly. The land was already selling 3x the price we bought it 2 years ago.

We are still friends, but I am wiser.

So touching, please I wanna learn from you how you guys buy lands that will be profitable? I wanna know how to invest in real estate.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by morekem(f): 9:14pm On May 02, 2019
What a big question.

The I made the very big mistake of my live last year. When somebody introduce the RED BRT business to me that with 1m I will least one from Ecobank & use it for 12months.

After the first payment, she ask for additional 900k to buy 4tyres.

Let me just cut the store short; I lost all my savings and loan collected making a sum of 2.5m. She is nowhere to be found

I don't even no what to do now, because am using my salary to pay back the loan.

I learnt my lesson in a very hard way

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by SilentVboy: 9:54pm On May 02, 2019
Hmmmmm, I too have lost some....still affecting me now.
But I never give up.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2019
zicoraads:
I met this guy while I was serving. We became pretty close because we had a lot of things in common. And we were staying in the same room and finished from the same school. He told me about a business he started while in school, but due to some family issues, had to make use of the money earned and all. It sounded good, because before now, I had heard about people buying yams from Niger and Benue states and selling them off in places like the South South region at huge profits.

The fact that I was familiar with how costly and cheap yams are in these places made it seem like a very good ides to follow.

Long story short: I collected 200k from my sister and put in 300k of mine. Traveled to Niger and bought yams from a village along Lapai road. We traveled with the truck and met a guy in Effurun, whom he said was the person he always sold it to. Spent about a week in Delta state and sold everything, with the profits coming being about 200k, after expenses and whatnot. Got 300k and added to everything we had and came back to Niger to buy more.

Couldn't follow them back due to other factors that were beyond my control. Lost about 1.3 million altogether on his way back. He said he was robbed. But up till now, the news and the numbness of it never made me ask follow-up questions to the bloody pictures I saw.

I didn't quite recover from that for a long time.
Bros I sent u pm
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Larriekay: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
HardMirror:
This is in response to this wonderful thread https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

After going through the thread i realized that many had made money but lost all or a good chunk.

This is my own story.

Abattoir Investment

As a student in Futa, i usually patronized a butcher called Nurai at the abattoir behind Chicken Republic at FUTA Junction. The guy was very nice to us and always gave us extra meat to what we bought. When i had my first major breakthrough, this guy was the first person that came to my mind.

I gave Mr. Nurai 500,000 naira as investment into the business. The man lost all the money within a few months. I still like him and i know he did not do it intentionally but it was a big blow to my finances when i needed a backup source of income.

business agreement with a nairalander i wont mention his name, but i had an agreement with a nairalander, but i suspect he diverted the money into mmm. Long story short he still owes me 400k after refunding about 600k to me.

Ministry of works contract
Never take a contract during elections. Goodluck Jonathan awarded lots of contracts a few months to the 2015 elections. I got several road furnishing contracts November 2014. Unfortunately we had to borrow money to do the Job. Lost about N7million there. Government still owing us 54million (i did it in partnership with another company in Abuja) it was a massive blow and my worst mistake in life not just business.

What is your own story? Be honest and detailed so we can learn from each other.
Be your own boss, with Bestbet360 Agent the Number 1 Sportbet company in Africa, you are entitle to commission, Bonus and Jackpot. With Just 20k and you will be given Virtual Decorder for free, banner, T-shirt and some other Ogbonge benefit. E.g Free installation of dish, User friendly Platform for agent and Online customer to navigate. For more enquiries you can : Contact me on. 08182219268.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by javijabor: 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Gaspardd:

Thats very cool. But then i had to go with a coin with low market cap. I am all in with Dent, Ncash, siacoin, Ada and NPRS but nprs just bleeped up with their recent news so i pulled out.
But i beleive btc can get to 60k to 90k usd considering if crypto market cap gets to 1T usd which is not far fetched. Last ATH saw market cap at 350billion usd.

Dent lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by EkperemoEgbabi: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2019
morekem:
What a big question.

The I made the very big mistake of my live last year. When somebody introduce the RED BRT business to me that with 1m I will least one from Ecobank & use it for 12months.

After the first payment, she ask for additional 900k to buy 4tyres.

Let me just cut the store short; I lost all my savings and loan collected making a sum of 2.5m. She is nowhere to be found

I don't even no what to do now, because am using my salary to pay back the loan.

I learnt my lesson in a very hard way

Even women done dey scam?? Hmmn, dis buhari regime done brought out d demon wey dey everybody body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by LKO(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2019
zicoraads:
I met this guy while I was serving. We became pretty close because we had a lot of things in common. And we were staying in the same room and finished from the same school. He told me about a business he started while in school, but due to some family issues, had to make use of the money earned and all. It sounded good, because before now, I had heard about people buying yams from Niger and Benue states and selling them off in places like the South South region at huge profits.

The fact that I was familiar with how costly and cheap yams are in these places made it seem like a very good ides to follow.

Long story short: I collected 200k from my sister and put in 300k of mine. Traveled to Niger and bought yams from a village along Lapai road. We traveled with the truck and met a guy in Effurun, whom he said was the person he always sold it to. Spent about a week in Delta state and sold everything, with the profits coming being about 200k, after expenses and whatnot. Got 300k and added to everything we had and came back to Niger to buy more.

Couldn't follow them back due to other factors that were beyond my control. Lost about 1.3 million altogether on his way back. He said he was robbed. But up till now, the news and the numbness of it never made me ask follow-up questions to the bloody pictures I saw.

I didn't quite recover from that for a long time.

Very touching story.
Where are u based? Can we partner and start this business? It seems lucrative. I'm in Warri.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Gaspardd(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
javijabor:

Dent lipsrsealed
Well i pulled out very fast b4 the tsunami lol. Im all in on skycoin
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Dayocold001: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2019

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Quorax: 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
Dayocold001:
This is long mehn...

Don't wait. Research and link up to European countries where you can grow fast. Act now.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by tsfisheriesm: 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2019
I lost 45k to questra holding an online investment that promised 7% weekly.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by SavageResponse(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
I lost 45k to questra holding an online investment that promised 7% weekly.

You guys have been warned several times to stop investing in so-called online businesses with no physical address
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Dayocold001: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2019
Quorax:

Don't wait. Research and link up to European countries where you can grow fast. Act now.

Cheers
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ILoveLight: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
Purplekush:
as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

LONG STORY SHORT: lost 800k to MMM. By Feb when MMM was confirmed to have crashed, I went ahead to lose another 1 Million naira and 6 months trying to set up another online business.

because, I had already paid for some plots of land before then. Paid for my new apartment. Was about making down payment for a new Corolla 2015 model when MMM crashed... and the investment started acting funny.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I come lose lappy wey I buy 250k then Acer V Nitro. I was so depressed the only thing that kept me from SUICIDE was MaryJane. I owe my life to her smiley

But then I was able to cash out around 300k plus on the 1mil investment and I am currently on another HOT NICHE and just 2 months in it i am glad to say I now make at least 9 to 15k a day.

By God's grace and if this one goes well, I should be hitting 7figures per month from next year. INSHA ALLAH! AMEN.

Nothing beats losing money to some yeye deal. It brings out the adrenaline in you.

WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL STARTERS: think Internet business. It's cheap to start and gives you room to make mistakes with less financial loses. Besides, the ROI is totally insane!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.

Hi, sorry for your loses. Please, what internet business would you advise starters to go into?.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ThePundit14(m): 5:51am On Aug 13, 2019
Bro. Do you still have this free video to share? Thanks

quote author=Purplekush post=73122063]as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Ademat7(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2019
Dayocold001:
This is long mehn...

Pursue other leagues in Africa like SA, Morocco or Tunisia
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by jedisco(m): 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
Sulaimontaiwo:

Fish farming has a tiny profit and huge loss. I lost 300k to that business. I bounced back with pig farming. You should try pig farming
I am really interested in pig farming but have been reluctant to start out. Do you mind giving me some advice?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Sulaimontaiwo: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2019
jedisco:

I am really interested in pig farming but have been reluctant to start out. Do you mind giving me some advice?

You can visit my thread for more information.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 09, 2019
spiritedtete:
Trusting and investing in people and their businesses

Lost 1 m USD
80m naira
30m
16m ... And the least goes on and on down to even 150k.

Never will I trust anyone with my money Never not even my Father (even when I know his is a good man)

This thread just brought the anger in me.

Awon oloriburuku!!!

Why didn't you run any of the businesses by yourself ?

At least if the ones you invested in others failed, the one you run for yourself won't. Speaking from experience.

What do you do now ?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by spiritedtete: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2019
Naughtysite:

Why didn't you run any of the businesses by yourself ?

At least if the ones you invested in others failed, the one you run for yourself won't. Speaking from experience.

What do you do now ?

There are several existing businesses... but alittle drop here and there makes a mighty ocean... besides... this is almost 3 years now... lots of water has passed through the pipe... so we good smiley
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
Ymix94:
I made a series of bad investments early this year.
I tried a canteen business with a friend in another state while I'm in Lagos. The business collapse within 3months of opening it. I learnt a great business lessons from it over 900k lost.
I again tried farming early in March as another source of income still in another state with one of the local recommended to me. I put over 400k to plant yams on a large scale. After planting and everything the man will be collecting money from me without taking care of the farm. Before l could realized what's going on the whole farm is covered with weed. I wept bitterly deep inside of me.

How are you opening businesses in other states ?

Are you Dangote ?

You did it the first time and still didn't learn.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
bolaji73:
Don't want to be stingy so let me share mine. It actually happened about 2weeks ago.

I've been into data reselling for quite a while now. I started in my part3 days in the University. That's about 2yrs ago. I usually buy airtime from individuals most especially students whose parent sent airtime from home and they wish to convert to cash. I buy all networks but mainly mtn. I also buy share and sale airtime from individuals.
3-weeks ago, I bought share and sale mtn airtime from one of my online friend. airtime of 60k on a single SIM whereas I had about 42k on that particular SIM making a total of 102k..
later that evening, I noticed that I didn't receive any call for like an hr which is unusual cos I receive calls virtually every minutes. I tried to make a call and I got a voice response which said my line has been barred.
Sad by the response, I used my other line to call the customer care and I was told my SIM was under investigation for some fraudulent activities carried out with it. yeh!
The following day, I went to mtn office closer to my house and I was told that their unit couldn't resolve the case that I need to go to their office in Ibadan. chai! Imagine the distance from OAU Ife to Ring road Ibadan.
I got to mtn office in Ring road Ibadan approximately 2hrs later.joined a queue And I was later attended to. I didn't even spend up to 30mint there cos I was told the same thing the online customer rep told me except that my line would come back in the next 48hrs. I was was infuriated more not because of the airtime this time but the stress of traveling all the way from Ife to Ibadan only to be told my line would come back in 48hrs time.
To cut the long story short, my line came back two days after as they stated. but my over 102k airtime varnished .sorry all didn't vanish. they left for me 0.40naira.lol.
I used the next one week to disturb the life of the customer care. I shouted, yell, cursed but to no avail.
I've put all behind and moved on. I've learnt my lesson not to put my eggs in one basket. I'd never.Just that my village people got a large part of me that day. That's How I lost more than 100k.

You are dealing with a company and if you really purchased the N102k MTN credit, there is no way on earth you can lose it.

Unless you are not serious.

A serious company can owe you even 300k and you will still get your money one year later.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 10, 2019
malachytochukwu:
I have lost quite some money.

I met this guy that claims he trades forex and makes millions... I wanted to see him make the millions in my presence so I could learn. Then I was a corper. We met on some occasions and being on weekends he couldn't show me live trades. Weekdays he sends screenshots of how much he made. Then he would show "genuine " concern concerning my finances as a corper.

Later he asked me to bring just 20k to grow it for me.... He complained that he couldn't make enough money because of the size of the fund..... Later I put in 500k....in three days the money was gone.... Called him till he changed sim card entirely.
It was painful to loose such amount as a corper.

However, I was struck again and that one was terrible...
Met someone else who claimed he was great in forex trading... Told him to go to hell.... He was persistent and pleaded that I should give him a trial...

I decided to try him with just $100.
He managed to move the $100 to $800
After three weeks of monitoring him I decided that he was good..... Then I put in over a million....

Within two days he did well and boom all accounts got blown the next day..... He blamed whatever and pleaded that I give him $200 to recover all.... I deleted his number.

Bottom line.... DONT EVER GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH TO ONE "PROFESSIONAL" FOREX TRADER TO MESS WITH.

Rich Corper.

You have not mentioned the business you run by yourself.

Are you still investing in others ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2019
Loans and Ponzi scheme
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by aycorporat(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Priceless200:
My worst business loss is Alliance in Motion Global. AIM GLOBAL.. And of course PONZI.

Wasted money and time, even introduced to fam members who didn't make a penny. That's the worst part for me. Anyway, for me. Anything MLM, PONZI.. Never again. Never!!!
Please sis can you tell me more about this Alliance in Motion thing? There is this phillipino lady disturbing me everyday to invest in the business

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.