Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison (21173 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio (2) (3) (4)

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Truckpusher(m): 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
Yuletide25:

Yes I'm trying to be realistic here, the verdict on remanding him in prison was harsh

Sacking him, and making the case pubic has already served alot of deterrent, so I don't see any reason you would still want him in jail

beside do you think he would ever get another job in any other institution again even though he has reached the echelon of professorship in academia after this scandal Not possible because his case was publicized and his name had already been tarnished so what else do you want

Guy nobody only pass, na who dem catch be culprit

Your argument isn’t anywhere close to being realistic but ladened with sentiment.
Public humiliation isn’t the court of law .
The law must take its cause and of course he was caught so he should face the music.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
maasoap:

And this one was caught but you still don't want him to face the consequences of his action. He was sacked, he won't get any job again. All that has nothing to do with justice in the court of law, let justice be done. Don't be a devil's advocate
Rubbish justice in the court of law

They is nothing like justice, not even in Nigeria
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Truckpusher:
Your argument isn’t anywhere close to being realistic but ladened with sentiment.
Public humiliation isn’t the court of law .
The law must take its cause and of course he was caught so he should face the music.
The law must not take any rubbish effect on such a scenario

He had asked for a "plea bargain" in the court, he pleaded guilty too to the charges/offense, so given him a stringent verdict like denying him bail is not necessary because he can also be fined too

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Truckpusher(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2018
Yuletide25:

The law must not take any rubbish effect on such a scenario

He had asked for a "plea bargain" in the court, he pleaded guilty too to the charges/offense, so given him a stringent verdict like denying him bail is not necessary because he can also be fined too

I don’t know what your problem is on this matter .
The judge has a lot of tools on how to deal with a particular case and if she chooses the one she handed to the randy man so be it .

If he had pleaded guilty and the court has some other allegations even unsubstantiated from the prosecutors they can deny him bail pending when investigation has been carried out within a time frame.

He should have known the consequences when you chose to commit crime. Once you’re at the mercy of the prosecutors and the judge you’ll carry your cross jeje!!

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Make them comot him balls grin

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by McKayConcept(m): 1:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
Chat me up to join our agribusiness discussion platform. All type of Agricultural business idea that is simple to start and easy to earn
Be Your Own Boss
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
Someone must have gone naked to curse this man. Haba!

This man that will preach to you and in the same breath be asking for sexual favours. May God have mercy on him.
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Truckpusher:
I don’t know what your problem is on this matter .
The judge has a lot of tools on how to deal with a particular case and if she chooses the one she handed to the randy man so be it .

If he had pleaded guilty and the court has some other allegations even unsubstantiated from the prosecutors they can deny him bail pending when investigation has been carried out within a time frame.

He should have known the consequences when you chose to commit crime. Once you’re at the mercy of the prosecutors and the judge you’ll carry your cross jeje!!
The judge is human too, and can also make mistake in her verdict, She's not the only person that studied or know the law better

Denying him bail without the option of a fine in this case was too harsh
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by tintingz(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2018
Yuletide25:
The remand was not necessary, at least he had faced public humiliation, Got sacked from his job, and other benefits which he could have gotten denied

So why still remand him in prison, after he had asked for plea bargain in order not to be put behind bars due to health reasons

I think he is facing stringent Prosecution which is uncalled for
Since the girl presented strong evidence, I think the school want to use him as lesson to other lecturers.

This is a case that's publicized on social media.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Jman06(m): 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Just for a few minutes of pleasure, see how this man ended his career!
If your wife wasn't doing you enough, why not pay one of the numerous runs babes around to help cure your conji Why try to take advantage of your student?

I dey pity the man and his family sha. I wish the court could pardon him.

For those who criticize our "honourable runs babes", can you see their importance now lol

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by benzion72(m): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
So sacking this man is not enough for attempted Bleep. This naija no understand me again

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
Honestly, am not happy with the way this matter is going cry. After all the man in question has been sacked and humuliated beyond expected. May God have mercy on him. Please, please and please am begging everyone to pray for this man to overcome this problem because nobody above temptation. Please God almighty I plea on his behalf forgive him

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Okoyeebo: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
ogunsbanjul:
Honestly, am not happy with the way this matter is going cry. After all the man in question has been sacked and humuliated beyond expected. May God have mercy on him. Please, please and please am begging everyone to pray for this man to overcome this problem because nobody above temptation. Please God almighty I plea on his behalf forgive him

On Sunday, raise prayer point in your church for him and let all your church members together pray for him.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by brojoshua: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good for justice in Nigeria and young people protection from those corrupt lecturers

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by omoelerin1: 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
Yuletide25:
The remand was not necessary, at least he had faced public humiliation, Got sacked from his job, and other benefits which he could have gotten denied

So why still remand him in prison, after he had asked for plea bargain in order not to be put behind bars due to health reasons

I think he is facing stringent Prosecution which is uncalled for
It is like they want to kill this man. If care is not taken, that man may die of depression.
Anyway, he is suffering over his sin. Who knows, may be he is experiencing all these travails due to sexual harassments he has committed in the past? Only God knows how many atrocities he has committed. May be he has even raped a girl before and the victim is weak to expose him but finds it difficult to forgive him. Who knows may be na him cup full?
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by monex(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
Truckpusher:
Are you seriously writing this for public consumption?
Little wonder this country won’t forward any time yet.

He deserves all he’s getting and it will serve as a deterrent to other randy lecturers in our schools.

they are missing the point. It is not a crime against the lady (except he failed her for not having sex), it is an abuse of office and therefore a crime against state.

To buttress: Even if a female student comes herself to solicit sex from a lecturer in return for grade, the lecturer (if caught) will go to jail while the student will only face school disciplinary action. This guy was caught on audio promising to upgrade her results. That is red-handed abuse of office.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by monex(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Truckpusher:
If a female student approaches a lecturer for marks , he’s got every right and tool at his disposal to refer her to ethics committee.

By doing this other students won’t dare approach him for marks.

exactly ! I wont have added my other comment if i have seen this. Girls only approach lecturers already known to bee randy anyway. I know a lecturer who made a scapegoat of two girls. Other ladies learnt not to approach him.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
driand:
Dat man hasn't done what an average man hasn't done...

How many of us has never asked for sexually benefits in return for some other kind of favors?

If you've never sinned, cast the first stone...

But lastly let him remain there for another 10 years, him f**kup...

Where is the stone? Lemme kill you with it.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
omoelerin1:
It is like they want to kill this man. If care is not taken, that man may die of depression.
Anyway, he is suffering over his sin. Who knows, may be he is experiencing all these travails due to sexual harassments he has committed in the past? Only God knows how many atrocities he has committed. May be he has even raped a girl before and the victim is weak to expose him but finds it difficult to forgive him. Who knows may be na him cup full?
I just can't tell, but life sometimes is like that

Some criminals are even caught on their first attempt trying to steal and even get burnt or killed in the process

it might not necessarily mean he had done worse thing in the past, except you have any experience about that you can also explain
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by LordIsaac(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2018
Going by utilitarianism as proposed by Bentham, the school's disciplinary action was sufficient. This is killing an ant with a sledgehammer. Many have committed other worse sins. He is already made a public example which is in itself a deterrent for whoever would be deterred by it. Let's consider his wife and family please....
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by drehdinho(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
It's an injustice to pronounce punishments which are above the recommendation of the law in the form of verdicts on an accused person.

The essence of punishment in this circumstance ought not to be to avenge the victim; its purpose is supposed to be to establish a grave deterence and a warnimg to those who are likely to toe the condemned path in the near future.

Heaps of punishment on the prof is way overboard to say the least.

He should appeal the verdict.
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Tizu(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
Toto prof God really catch you, USELESS man. ������

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by mechanics(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Finally.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by baratech: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
See how you ended your career...

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2018
Pathetic
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Itsky: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
I think the punishment has gone too far. Kilode? we are all sinners

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by juniorstar(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
Konji na bastard....see hw this man was given a total KO
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by bodee(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Delitefull:
Someone must have gone naked to curse this man. Haba!

This man that will preach to you and in the same breath be asking for sexual favours. May God have mercy on him.
quite true, I remember one experience I had with him at Osun State University, Ikire Campus, it seems he has an hostel there. He was singing one ancient gospel song by Funmi Aragbaye 'ore nibo lo lo leyin aye...' He's is a cool and gentle man though. I got to know him when I was lobbying for OAU admission cos we are from the same hometown(Ikire)
Above all, may divine peace, tranquility and unspeakable joy transcend his life.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Orpe7(m): 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2018
Baba ure the scape goat (asun) so stay well well make u roast well

ASUU Rejected N1m Undergraduate School Fees - Osodeke / 5,000 Repentant Prostitutes Awarded Scholarship By Tansian University, Anambra / JAMB 2017: My Experience

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50