Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison (21156 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / Richard Akindele: Monica Osagie Sent Nudes To Me, Why I Demanded 5 Rounds Of Sex / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio (2) (3) (4)

Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by damiloladuke: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dismissed lecturer of the Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, who was accused by her student, Monica Osagie, of demanding sex to pass her, Prof Richard Iyiola Akindele remanded in Prison.

Akindele was arraigned on Monday by the Independent Corrupt Practises and other Related Offences Commission before Justice Maureen Onyetenu of a Federal High Court, Osogbo, on four counts bothering on alteration of age and demanding sex to pass her student.

In a statement on Wednesday, last week, the ICPC said Akindele would be arraigned on three charges, for acting contrary to sections 8(1)(a)(ii), and 18 (d) under the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000.

“That you, professor Akindele, on or about the 16th day of September, 2017 at Ile-Ife did corruptly ask for sexual benefits for yourself from Ms. Monica Osagie on account of favour to be afterwards shown to her by you in the discharge of your official duties as a lecturer in the Department of Management and Accounting, Obafemi Awolowo University, to wit; altering her academic grades in the course with code MBA 632- Research Method from fail to pass; and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 8(1)(a)(ii) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act,” one of the charges read.

https://lailasnews.com/sacked-oau-lecturer-akindele-remanded-in-prison/

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by SOFTENGR: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
grin see where konji land this Prof.

FTC dedicated to all those who are faithful to their spouse.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by AngelicBeing: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good, one of the ways a country can develop is amongst other factors to punish offenders, jail and imprison those who break the laws, Nigeria is a lawless country were you commit a crime and you go unpunished, I recalled driving years ago in the West and the speed limit on that road was 60 km/ hr, I went above that and the cops pull me over and I was given an instant fine, when I got home, I paid instantly online.

As long as thieves, robbers,citizens, politicians all across the board continue to break the laws with impunity, Nigeria will remain a failed shithole jungle, the lecturer should also be flogged 50 million lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper in jail

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by yesloaded: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
Never allow your 3rd leg direct your head.

Men should be careful, don't see female under you as sex object or that you can have them the way you like.

I dislike seeing lecturers intimidating female students because of refusal to have sex

I hate seeing male boss having extra marital affairs with their female staffs

This nonsense must stop

We are not animals

Check my signature for more details

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by globalresource: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
decay everywhere...

Gradually justice will prevail in this Nation

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by 989900: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Let him stay there.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by driand(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dat man hasn't done what an average man hasn't done...

How many of us has never asked for sexually benefits in return for some other kind of favors?

If you've never sinned, cast the first stone...

But lastly let him remain there for another 10 years, him f**kup...

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by starwar(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
see how u ended ur career

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by asawanathegreat(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
So na wetin Congo put you be This.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by braine(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
Chai!

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by ourfather: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
H
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by CrazyRichNig(f): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hi, like my comment for no reason

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
CrazyRichNig:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

May many more end up like him
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Bowwow11(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
this will serve has a deterrent to other university Don who uses their position to oppress female students in campus

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by TINTINABULATION(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
This is a welcome development.

No better way to end 2018 than this. This will serve as a deterent to those randy lecturers who are fond of intimidating our ladies for sex; especially in a society where sex is as free and affordable as oxygen.

Goodbye Professor, you allowed your emotions to override your reasonings.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by seniormallam(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
why not just have a girlfriend you can be shining her congo at will and equally spend on her?, what right do you have to think you can convert all girls in the campus to point and kill? MUMU MAN

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
The remand was not necessary, at least he had faced public humiliation, Got sacked from his job, and other benefits which he could have gotten denied

So why still remand him in prison, after he had asked for plea bargain in order not to be put behind bars due to health reasons

I think he is facing stringent Prosecution which is uncalled for

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Topmaike007(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
See big problem ooo

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Chizzyjoyce(f): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
grin..

There is trouble in that land
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by TRUSTEDGUY: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
Every day for the thief one day for the owner.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by kollinz1234(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
E be like say this man village people don put hand for yansh course am o wink

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by TRUSTEDGUY: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
Every day for the thief one day for the owner. hope he is given 5 years.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Authoreety: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
SCAPE GOAT

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by TreasuredGlory: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2018
Even after getting sacked from his job? He has even apologized. Eyah, may God deliver him from all these wahalas. My heart goes out to his wife, kids and family.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by bestpunterever: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Some of the same oau students are prostitutes, and u can't just give one of them like 20k and save yur self from this disgrace.
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by ebonge1: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Reward for a good character, lesson to others.
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by ebonge1: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by OgeFather(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
I hope other lecturers are watching?
I know konji will still not leave them

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by LordIsaac(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hmmm....intelligence can get you to a height while absence of emotional intelligence can return you lower than you first began. I weep for some men that are enslaved by their desires for the female gender.

Re: Sacked OAU Lecturer, Richard Akindele Remanded In Prison by Taku555(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
CrazyRichNig:
why should I like a comment for no reason? If I did, I'm the same with a madman.

Am I Too Old To Further My Education? / 5,000 Repentant Prostitutes Awarded Scholarship By Tansian University, Anambra / MBA Students: Let's Meet Here