Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) (1073 Views)

Secondary School Babes Sha... / Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha!(part 2) / Part 1 Sex Between Me & Son (18+ Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by Royver(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
On boarding a clean bus of a well-known transport company from Lagos to Asaba:

“Hmm, they are wasting time in loading.” (The person saying it was the last to arrive).

“This bus go fit run so?”

Don’t mind them, they take old buses and refurbish it so it looks new.”

“This one they said AC bus, I hope it is really AC?”

“E fit be AC but the AC no go work.”

Finally the bus is loaded. The “pilot” enters the vehicle and turns the ignition. It purrs confidently to life. He puts on the Air Conditioning, it is functioning maximally. He heads onto the express and out of Lagos. One by one the passengers begin closing the AC vents (Not me, I love the cold).The driver complains that the vents need to stay open so as not to affect the compressor. The passengers ignore him. He sighs and puts on a movie.

“Na so so nonsense film dem dey put for this company”

“Don’t you have africamagic?”

“Driver na sleep we wan sleep for road? Move this bus na!”

“It’s not his fault. The engine is old. I will not be surprised if the bus has fault on the way.”

“Sir, this is a new bus…” the driver retorts irritably

“My friend, were we talking to you? Drive fast, we have appointments to keep!”

Peace and calm for a few hours. The bus stops at a restaurant at Ore for a quick meal. The driver was in and out in fifteen minutes. Yes, I timed it. I had nothing better to do. I don’t eat on journeys. As the passengers alighted:

“They just stop anywhere they like.”

“Where will we see food to eat in this dump?” (Same lady goes and buys Eba and Oha soup with fish)

“If I had known there would be all these delays I wouldn’t have woken up early.”

“Hmm, na so dem dey do o. Before this driver go chop come out, one hour fit reach oh!”

The bus driver comes out briskly and boards the vehicle. We wait another 15mins while looking for other passengers that have strayed. Eventually we move.

Another hour passes. Suddenly a strange hissing. There are gasps and shrieks on the bus.

“Please remain calm!” the bus driver barks. There is silence. He slowly clears the road and parks at the side of the express. He jumps down to inspect. One of the tyres at the back has gone flat. Other passengers come down to see what’s going on.

“I said it! Old bus!”

“Madam it’s not the bus, it’s the tyre that went flat.”

“Expired tyres! I’m sure they don’t have spare!”

“Thank God we were not moving at high speed oh, we for sumersault oh. Everybodi for just die!”. (Well thank goodness for one word of positivity, sort of.)

“Pilot what are we going to do now? This is another delay and we are in the middle of nowhere!”

“I will sue you people! Nonsense!”

“I have a spare tyre ma. This is a new tyre, you can look at the spikes and the date of expiry, we must have stepped on something for it to burst-”

“Shut up! Do you know who I am? (How does that even matter in this situation?)

The driver quietly goes about getting out the spare and changing it. After a while some men assist him (another good point). Another bus from the same company comes and the driver jumps down to help. It still takes about 45minutes before the tire is changed. The bus is on the move again. And the murmurs continue.

“When will this journey end?”

“I know I’m going to be late.”

“I’m not following this transport company again!”

“Don’t mind them, they think they have made name”

“See him crawling on the road.”

I turn to one of them “I’m sorry, but don’t you think all this negative talk might actually be contributing to your getting late?”

He looks at me surprised and pauses for a moment. Then: “It’s not my fault it is the drivers fault. I’ve been praying that we arrive on time but this man keeps frustrating my efforts!”

“Well I don’t know”, I proceed cautiously, “But you’ve been very vocal since we left the park, most of your words negative. I think your pastors normally preach for you to confess positively in any situation-”

“This one is different!” He cuts me short. I smile and face my front. The girl besides me nudges me and whispers “Are you a pastor?”

I laugh. “No o. Just-too much negativity in the air. If their words actually have power this bus should have aged 10 years by now.”

“Don’t mind them o, tomorrow they will go to church and start confessing positively with their mouth yet in day to day activities they cannot do the same thing.”

“My sister, naija dey frustrate person jo…” Eba-and-oha soup woman interjects from a corner. They start talking about politics and why Nigeria will never work. I smile inwardly to myself. I have diverted attention away from the driver. And we arrive a few hours late. But I’m not bothered. We arrive safely.

And to me that is all that matters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by Akposb(m): 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
We are wired to talk and how do one win attention of others, it is to speak or concoct "reality". It is sad that people who speak negative often wish for something different from what they confess or insinuate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by correctguy101(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
Eba and Oha soup woman.

This got me cracking gringrin

Its common everywhere bro.

Was in a bus heading to ozoro recently when the passengers started hurling insults at the driver despite knowing the road wasn't smooth.

One man even told the driver to "look for socks and slippers to 'wear' his car and 'carry it on his head' wince he's driving too careful "

grin That cracked me up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by correctguy101(m): 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
Akposb:
We are wired to talk and how do one win attention of others, it is to speak or concoct "reality". It is sad that people who speak negative often wish for something different from what they confess or insinuate.

I'm not wired to talk to people anyhow. Even if you talk to me anyhow I mostly ignore. My comfort is you can't beat me and the look of my eyes has made most people cower each time they provoke me and apologies mostly follow ASAP.

I kinda fear myself when angry.
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by hahn(m): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
Akposb:

The same thing can be noticed from comments on here on nairaland. Just go to any "Toke slays in new outfit" thread and the first page will be full of insults. Like can't you just say something positive and move on or don't say anything at all?

And these same people will go to church or mosque and pray like they are the holiest undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by CAPSLOCKED: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
hahn:

The same thing can be noticed from comments on here on nairaland. Just go to any "Toke slays in new outfit" thread and the first page will be full of insults. Like can't you just say something positive and move on or don't say anything at all?

And these same people will go to church or mosque and pray like they are the holiest undecided

ON EVERY THREAD (EXCEPT CHRISTIAN THREADS) YOU'LL FIND THE SAME NEGATIVE COMMENTS. CURSE WORDS AND THREATS, FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE PEACE OF JESUS CHRIST.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by hahn(m): 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
correctguy101:

I'm not wired to talk to people anyhow. Even if you talk to me anyhow I mostly ignore. My comfort is you can't beat me and the look of my eyes has made most people cower each time they provoke me and apologies mostly follow ASAP.

I kinda fear myself when angry.

The last time you were angry what did you do?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by Wonderz1: 6:16am On Nov 21, 2018
Thanks for this write-up
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by correctguy101(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
hahn:

The last time you were angry what did you do?

I'm someone who understands himself more than anything.

The last time I noticed the storm brewing I quickly left work and looked for the nearest poison. After I was calm, I went home to chillax.

The madman of a boss called and apologized.
Was glad the contract was about to end and thank God (the one I hold dear sha cheesy ) I'm without job again grin
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by hahn(m): 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
correctguy101:

I'm someone who understands himself more than anything.

The last time I noticed the storm brewing I quickly left work and looked for the nearest poison. After I was calm, I went home to chillax.

The madman of a boss called and apologized.
Was glad the contract was about to end and thank God (the one I hold dear sha cheesy ) I'm without job again grin

O
K

Share of a story where you actually acted upon your anger because you did say you are scared of yourself when you get angry. I just want to know what you have done to come to that conclusion smiley
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by correctguy101(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
hahn:

O
K

Share of a story where you actually acted upon your anger because you did say you are scared of yourself when you get angry. I just want to know what you have done to come to that conclusion smiley

This hahn ehn, you're one kain pesin o....

That's something I wouldn't want anyone else to know, especially not online. No way. cheesy

Link on your siggy ain't working. Topic has been shut down.
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by hahn(m): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
correctguy101:

This hahn ehn, you're one kain pesin o....

That's something I wouldn't want anyone else to know, especially not online. No way. cheesy

You killed someone abi? Correct guy wink

Link on your siggy ain't working. Topic has been shut down.

You dey mind nairaland. It seems they banned my website like. Na them sabi undecided
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by correctguy101(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
hahn:

You killed someone abi? Correct guy wink

You dey mind nairaland. It seems they banned my website like. Na them sabi undecided

Almost got to that. And worst was the madman that got me that angry was a close pal.

Shey you know say after I nearly killed him and abandon him where his arm was being fixed, the madman called and was like "you fool, didn't you know I was high? " and that got me almost in tears as I began vomiting apologies. We're still very good friends. But I'm sure he's never forgotten I dislocated one of his arm.. Lols

Now you have it. Before you begin tell people say I be murdering madman cheesy

Was on your site. Nice work you've got there. If I'm to comment on it, I'll say you improve on the mobile version. And q lil more wicked design will do wonders.

Kudos.
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by hahn(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
correctguy101:

Almost got to that. And worst was the madman that got me that angry was a close pal.

Shey you know say after I nearly killed him and abandon him where his arm was being fixed, the madman called and was like "you fool, didn't you know I was high? " and that got me almost in tears as I began vomiting apologies. We're still very good friends. But I'm sure he's never forgotten I dislocated one of his arm.. Lols

Now you have it. Before you begin tell people say I be murdering madman cheesy

Anger is never a good tool

Was on your site. Nice work you've got there. If I'm to comment on it, I'll say you improve on the mobile version. And q lil more wicked design will do wonders.

Kudos.

Thank you. Still working on it though cheesy
Re: Nigerians Can Be Negative Sha! (part 1) by correctguy101(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
hahn:

Thank you. Still working on it though cheesy

Aiit. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Closed / I'm In Need Of Quality Content Writers And Rewriters. / Who Knows Cyprian Ekwensi Or Any Member Of His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.