Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones (42140 Views)

The Final Exposé On Tecno's Claim Of Using A 64mp Main Lens On The Camon 15. / Coronavirus: 4 Ways To Properly Sanitize And Clean Your Smartphones / How To Experience Google Lens On Any Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Ennyholar: 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hello Nairalander guess we've all been seeing Google Lens feature on your smartphones and wondering what's it's about. Worry no more because today I'll be telling what the app does and how to effectively make use of it to identify objects around you.

What is Google Lens?

Google Lens is an image recognition technology developed by Google. It is designed to bring up relevant information related to objects it identifies using visual analysis based on a neural network. Google Lens make use of your smartphone camera to scan , analyse and bring up information about any object with the help of AI.

Google Lens can help you recognise restaurants, bars and stores. It can also help you translate text from one language to another.

How To Access Google Lens On Your Devices

The feature can be accessed using two different methods on your smartphones.

Google assistant button on your smartphone or the voice command feature.

Camera interface by tapping on the Google Lens icon and scanning the object.

How To Use Google Lens

Launch your Google Lens Interface either from Google Assistant or Your Camera interface.

Point it on the image you want to identify and tap on the search button. Wait few seconds for it to identify the object.

You can also try out other functions of Google Lens.

https://spot.tecno.com/ng/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=80211&extra=

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Ejadike(m): 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ennyholar:
Hello Nairalander guess we've all been seeing Google Lens feature on your smartphones and wondering what's it's about. Worry no more because today I'll be telling what the app does and how to effectively make use of it to identify objects around you.

What is Google Lens?

Google Lens is an image recognition technology developed by Google. It is designed to bring up relevant information related to objects it identifies using visual analysis based on a neural network. Google Lens make use of your smartphone camera to scan , analyse and bring up information about any object with the help of AI.

Google Lens can help you recognise restaurants, bars and stores. It can also help you translate text from one language to another.

How To Use Google Lens

Launch your Google Lens Interface either from Google Assistant or Your Camera interface.

Point it on the image you want to identify and tap on the search button. Wait few seconds for it to identify the object.

Cc lalasticlala , dragnet , honsule
Nice info. What's the difference between this and GCam?

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Mohbola(f): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
The first time I'm hearing about Google lens

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Blastedholligan: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ennyholar:

What is Google Lens?

How To Use Google Lens

Cc lalasticlala , dragnet , honsule
very good info. Thanks for this.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by philips007(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
H
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by nextstep(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can it identify if a person has coronavirus, and whether it's on a surface?
Otherwise useless for me at this time

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by DenreleDave(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can my spark 4 use Google lens abi I need iPhone 6

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by helinues: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can the Google lens detect coronavirus? undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by YorubaKinging: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by dayleke: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
Wa gbayi

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by JohnieWalker12(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2020
We cant do without technology

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by iSage: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
I've been using this tool for years now. It can even detect plant species, dogs breed and so on. Very useful tool. Thank you OP for enlightening the masses.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by AMvanquish: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Nice! Google have been very innovative these last few years, makes so many things easier.. Just hoping it doesn't get to a point that we become too reliant on technology.

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Makavelli25: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Wow First time am learning something new from front page Lalasticlala thank you o

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can it identify where money is kept in a room.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Nwokem01(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
This is quite educative

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Kingv(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Good one
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Abbeyme: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ok
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Bukden16(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can it solve maths questions?

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by seunlayi(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
If it can't recognise convid19 they should just keep it away for now

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by benikad(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Sure

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by litathom(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Hello

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by ajimotoke(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Can it detect Corona?
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by Kingtim(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
Discovered this last month.... Good thing to be seeing this today. Such a nice feature. You can get names of almost anything you can think of... One time my friend was eating rice and stew, I snapped and used this feature to scan. And boom i got different picture telling me the name and how to prepare it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by litathom(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
nextstep:
Can it identify if a person has coronavirus, and whether it's on a surface?
Otherwise useless for me at this time
lame attempt at humor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by reyscrub(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
I think it's on play store right
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
Google Lens,
One of our past times in the world of Technology....
Always interesting.
Always on point kiss

Thumbs up OP.
Technology is bae!
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by dangoteinlaw: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
Google wants your data at all cost, they will be using excuses like providing u will good services to get everything about you unconsciously u are giving it to them. Now some duns will start snapping everywhere in your home and checking meanwhile big brother is saving everything to sell to highest bidder. If u care above ur privacy run far away from google.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by jchioma: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
Nice one from Google ... these guys keep bringing up innovations to make the world a better place.

This will surely impact the academia and society at large.
Re: How To Identify Objects Using Google Lens On Your Smartphones by PlaysNigeria: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't View My Wife's Whatsapp Status Post. / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It. / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.