Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know (12903 Views)

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by AutoReportNG: 4:19am On Nov 22, 2018
With the advancement in technology, almost all the vehicles are now come with different types of fuel injection. These types of fuel injection systems are made with different inputs and thus targets different needs of the vehicle.

Choosing the best fuel injector among the various types of fuel injectors, it is important to have a basic knowledge about how a fuel injector works. This would help in understanding the impact that these fuel injectors have on the vehicle and how it can accelerate the vehicle’s performance.

What Is Fuel Injection?

Before jumping on the various types of fuel injection, it is important to understand the basic related to the topic what is fuel injection. Fuel injection can be simply defined as the process to introduce fuel in an internal combustion engine. This is done mostly in the automotive engines and is done using an injector.

You can find different types of fuel injectors according to your vehicle and thus can use the same for injecting fuel in your vehicle.

Different Types Of Fuel Injection

Post highlighting the topic what is fuel injection, next is the need to specify the different types of fuel injection. You should be careful while making the selection as it will impact the performance of your vehicle as well as its maintenance. Here are some of the common types of fuel injection system available in the market.

1. Single-Point Or Throttle Body Injection

[img]https://3.bp..com/-Bh8-aYQ26jg/W_YcrA9JCgI/AAAAAAAAWSM/eqoJZ1plX-YwZUa5RfdEAPHIg242EvtXACLcBGAs/s640/Singles%2B.jpg[/img]

This is the simplest and one of the earliest fuel injection systems available in the market. The functioning of this fuel injector is pretty simple and convenient. It adds the right amount of fuel into the air right before it gets distributed to the individual cylinders. Thanks to the high flow rate of this injector, it doesn’t easily clog up.

This type of fuel injector is preferred as it is easy to maintain and is inexpensive. Thus, it can easily be afforded by most of the people and can also be maintained without any struggles. If you ever face any issues with these types of fuel injection system, you just have to replace one injector which can easily be done.

2. Multi-Port Fuel Injection

[img]https://4.bp..com/-wYSpkxF-3nM/W_YczQTHI1I/AAAAAAAAWSQ/9nL6f0ZpPoMortHx4poLReq1NU2_ZpcTACLcBGAs/s640/Multi-Port%2BFuel%2BInjection.jpg[/img]

The other types of fuel injection are that of multi-port fuel injection. As the name suggests, this injection system has different ports for fuel injection. Each and every cylinder in your vehicle gets a separate injection nozzle. The design of the multi-port fuel injection allows the clean air to enter through the main manifold and then is directed towards each of the cylinders.

These types of fuel injection system helps in maintaining the fuel-air ratio in the best possible forms. Also, its design is so precisely made that it gets completely drawn in the cylinder. You can expect higher accuracy with this type of fuel injector.

3. Sequential Fuel Injection

[img]https://3.bp..com/-zEzTmUnRXCs/W_Yc7LPh2rI/AAAAAAAAWSY/gLy9boT8vn8UHAoGkVPshETXA9nvXwM1wCLcBGAs/s640/Sequential%2BFuel%2BInjection.jpg[/img]

The sequential fuel injection is also known as timed injection and is a multi-port injector. The different injectors available in this type of fuel injection works in groups and thus deliver the fuel at the optimized time. This can be viewed very similar to the multi-port fuel injection; however, it is a whole lot different than that. These types of fuel injection ensure the minimal wastage of fuel and thus increase the efficiency of the vehicle.

One major advantage of the sequential fuel injection is that it is cleaner than the other types of fuel injectors. As the fuel remains for a very short time inside the injector, it remains clean. As a result of the same, they tend to last for a longer time.

4. Direct Injection

[img]https://2.bp..com/-vTztm69PvRU/W_YdCP0vbXI/AAAAAAAAWSc/k44OALYd1LoD477R24o52KWvF5WEQ7tBgCLcBGAs/s1600/Direct%2BInjection.png[/img]

Coming to the last option of the different types of fuel injections, let us discuss the direct injection process. This type of fuel injection is based on the simple phenomena of inserting the fuel directly into the cylinders. These are the latest and the trending way of injection which is being used by most of the famous and well-known automobile brand names.

The fuel insertion is really accurate and thus it also helps in reducing the wastage of fuel. Other than this, it requires very minimal maintenance and thus offers the maximum convenience to the users. You can get the desired performance from your vehicle with the use of this fuel injector.

Conclusion

These are the different types of fuel injection that are popular in different vehicles. You need to just choose the right one for you. Get a closer look at your vehicle and its needs and thus you can select the right kind of fuel injection. Fuel injectors play a crucial role in enhancing the performance of your vehicle, thus you should pay attention while making the choice.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/these-are-different-types-of-fuel.html

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by AutoReportNG: 4:20am On Nov 22, 2018
What's your take? Do you have any addiction? Pls add
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by CarGuidNG: 4:33am On Nov 22, 2018
Interesting read.
VIN Checks and reports for car buyers in signature

1 Like

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:04am On Nov 22, 2018
Most people just drive, they have no idea what's in under the hood. After they read this, they will still drive and not care what is under the hood.

To ensure your engine runs optimally use the best engine oil for it.

Mobil1 Made in USA designed for engines with high mileage.

08033910382 lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:15am On Nov 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Most people just drive, they have no idea what's in under the hood. After they read this, they will still drive and not care what is under the hood.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Do you understand the working principles of every single piece of technology you've ever used?
Computers? The Internet?

8 Likes

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:19am On Nov 22, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

And there's nothing wrong with that. Do you understand the working principles of every single piece of technology you've ever used?
Computers? The Internet?

I try to.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:23am On Nov 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I try to.

Fair enough. wink

1 Like

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by lonelydora: 7:09am On Nov 22, 2018
Some car owners will be wondering what this post is all about. Many just enter the car and drive without knowing few things about their car
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by bitcoin215: 7:16am On Nov 22, 2018
Nice one
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by echelons(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2018
Having changed the nozzles and injector system of my 2008 Accord, I think I have a fair understanding of this topic.

And I still haven't sorted out everything.

Still a nice ride by the way.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by paiz: 7:22am On Nov 22, 2018
If you need a good fuel injector cleaner, that would also save your fuel to an astonishing 40% rate of consumption

we also need marketters
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by Alzirida(f): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2018
Too much for me to rattle my brain for.
However i feel my car uses the sequential injector version
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by Tobyarab(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2018
So then, what do we do with this. you should have drawn a comparative analysis amongst the various types. the merits and demerits of each one.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by Pearlyakin(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2018
What about we that have bicycle
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by REDDEVILS1(m): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2018
echelons:
Having changed the nozzles and injector system of my 2008 Accord, I think I have a fair understanding of this topic.

And I still haven't sorted out everything.

Still a nice ride by the way.
the Bolt Joint no dey give you headache or you just got the ride
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by thebigkendo(m): 8:19am On Nov 22, 2018
REDDEVILS1:
the Bolt Joint no dey give you headache or you just got the ride

Diportivo have you do your bolt joint?
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by cardoctor(m): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2018
Not everyone will understand this no matter ho much u explain.

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by eluquenson(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2018
For the mechanics
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by ticoticotico: 8:44am On Nov 22, 2018
My toyota camry consumes lots of fuel, what could be the problem
GAZZUZZ
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by Rotji(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2018
Which of these injectors does the Honda CR-V 2005 use? Since MOBIL 5W-20 isn't available in Nigeria, which engine oil is the next best to use for same vehicle? Thanks
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by Hoodbilonia: 8:57am On Nov 22, 2018
eod
i bought fuel of 3k
it only lasted me 6_days
all day turbo
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2018
ticoticotico:
My toyota camry consumes lots of fuel, what could be the problem
GAZZUZZ

have it scanned.
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by OilsPartsCars: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2018
thebigkendo:

Wicked grin

1 Like

Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by ticoticotico: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

have it scanned.
Where can I scan it, I bought the car not long ago
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2018
ticoticotico:

Where can I scan it, I bought the car not long ago

here. Click link.

Gazzuzz Autos
https://maps.google.com/?cid=6875435925006525965
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by ticoticotico: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

here. Click link.

Gazzuzz Autos
https://maps.google.com/?cid=6875435925006525965
Thanks bro unfortunately I'm not in Lagos, can I just walk into any mechanic shop and ask for scanning ?
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by buchilino(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2018
CAN OLD MODEL TOYOTA CAMRY USE NUMBER 2,3 & 4 INJECTORS?.
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by COSIBI: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2018
What will be the dangers of ignoring this fault code on a 2004 corolla? : P0032 (02 sensor heater circuit high)
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2018
ticoticotico:

Thanks bro unfortunately I'm not in Lagos, can I just walk into any mechanic shop and ask for scanning ?

yes you can
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by ticoticotico: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

yes you can

Thumbs up
Re: These Are The Different Types Of Fuel Injectors You Need To Know by diportivo: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2018
thebigkendo:

I bought new set of bolts

will add them to the joints this weekend

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions / As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? / Nigeria To Reduce Sulphur Content In Petrol, Diesel And Kerosene Effective July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.