Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries (5219 Views)

The Law Of Contrast And The Breakdown Of Muslim Relationships / Is It Permissible For Muslims To Live In The Land Of The Kuffar? / Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
Question

Is it essential for a Muslim who lives in a non-Muslim country to abide by the laws of that land, such as abiding by traffic laws and the age set for being allowed to drive, or is that haraam or makrooh?

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

With regard to laws promulgated in non-Muslim countries, one of the following three scenarios must apply:

The laws are contrary to what Allah has prescribed, such as giving the wife the power of divorce, or not giving the father guardianship over his daughter after she reaches puberty, or giving a daughter the same share of the estate as a son, allowing the drinking of alcohol and zina (sex outside of marriage), and so on. It is not permissible to act upon these laws or approve of them.

The laws are in accordance with what is mentioned in Islamic teachings. In this case, one should abide by them, in obedience to Allah and His Messenger.

The Islamic texts have not said anything about the laws, but they are in the best interests of people, such as laws having to do with driving and the age at which driving is allowed. These laws must be adhered to, in accordance with the religious texts which enjoin being faithful to contracts and covenants, such as the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Fulfill (your) obligations” [al-Maa’idah 5:1] and the words of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): “Muslims are bound by their conditions, except a condition that forbids something permissible or permits something forbidden.” Abu ‘Eesa [at-Tirmidhi] said: This is a hasan saheeh hadith. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him) in Saheeh Ibn Maajah (2353).

And Allah knows best.

Source

Contemporary Issues: Hijab prohibition in Law School, other Educational Institutions, e.t.c

Hijab is part of the Islamic injunction as Allaah says in many verses of the Qur'an and Sunnah.

The Nigerian constitution recognises freedom of religion in Article 38 which states:

(1) Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

(2) No person attending any place of education shall be required to receive religious instruction or to take part in or attend any religious ceremony or observance if such instruction ceremony or observance relates to a religion other than his own, or religion not approved by his parent or guardian.

The Era of forcing Muslim Students to sing hymns at assemblies, pray to dead humans/Saints, change names (e.g. from Rasheed to Richard, e.t.c), dress nude by not using the right Hijab or outright prohibition of Hijab, e.t.c just because they want to be educated is up!

Nigeria is a Multi-religious country and Islam will not be denigrated in any way!

May Allaah bless the Muslims who strive to let the laws of Allaah be freely practiced in Nigeria and the rest of the world!

Also read Ruling On Using Contouring (foundation) To Change The Appearance Of The Face...

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by Turantula(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2018
Obey law in Western country NO
Go and stay in a Sharia country like Saudi Arabia NO
haba!

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by grtboy51(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2018
The person above me,y na

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by Pavore9: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2018
Obey the law of the land of your host, if you feel uncomfortable with it stay back in your country where the law nurtures your faith.

It would be madness on my part to go to somewhere like Saudi Arabia and insist that the authorities allow me hold a crusade, my head would certainly go missing! cheesy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by mangojuice(m): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2018
Muslims please embrace peace. obey the laws of any society u find yourselves

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 11:10am On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
grin grin grin

I've been reading through NL's islam section and I've discovered 2 distinctive aspects of muslim behaviour. Muslims love doing these two things:

A. They make something out of nothing; and

B. They make nothing out of something.

Muslims will make something out of nothing, i.e They will protest and turn violent when a private institution which wants to create a religiously neutral environment and which does not allow the wearing of religious clothing, does not allow the wearing of hijabs.

But these same moslims, will turn a blind eye to female genital mutilation, early childhood marriage for girls as young as 3 years old, wife beating and the abduction and rape of non muslim women by muslim men. Muslims will tell you that it is no big deal and they will ask you to mind your business and leave their religion alone. If you don't then they'll accuse you of islamophobia for criticising their double standards. That is what I call making nothing out of something.

That is why the biggest mistake any non muslim can make when dealing with muslims is to believe that they are rational. If intelligence or critical thinking was part of islam they would be forced to admit that they are guilty of double standards and moral hypocrisy. But a muslim will rather bury his head in the sand than allow himself to be moved by logic. They are the most blinkered and the most warped set of people you'll ever encounter.
It is really unfortunate that folks like you are quick to chastise the bad side of people, whereas you have failed to amend yourself, it is a wicked act to judge a person by bad things people around that person, to say all Christians are ritualist and rapist by the virtue of cases of evil perpetrated by your so called pastors is a lopsided judgement, if you want to know better about islam, study islam not Muslims, just like i can't claim to understand Christianity by the virtue of how people around me are practicing it,learn to see good in people....but what can i say to a defiant like you that lied to comment on a post you were not meant to..... Indeed you are a perfect paradigm of xtianity...

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
But these practices are part and parcel of islam. Go and ask your alfas and imams to teach you about Mutah which is a form of islamically endorsed prostitution and tell me where Jesus told Christians to behave the same way. Show me where Jesus married a 6 year old girl and had sex with her when she was 9 years old. Show me where Jesus married the wife of his adopted son the way Muhammad did when he married Zainab the wife of his adopted son Zaid.
If you don't know your own religion then shut up and learn from those who do.

It is really unfortunate that people like u jump to conclusion based on a verse u've read in the quran and ur prejudiced mind has prevented you from seeking for knowledge of which you lack, so many times a single verse creates a false knowledge, go and read mark 15:37, to understand what i mean...go and learn without mind of prejudice and stop displaying ignorance here..., i won't at allow you drag me into denigrating jesus, because he is a prophet in islam, it is dogmatic people like you that raised him into apotheosis, Go and read what his own people are saying about him.....they called him bastard, of which i as a muslim will never call him, and for the fact that he did not have sex nor marry in his life time....i guess you will remain celibate too...
Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by Pataricatering(f): 11:54am On Nov 30, 2018
Yeah , women should never be given the right to divorce for they have no right to discard men - only men have the right to discard their women ! Only men have the right to deny their wives sex - the wife has no right to refuse her husband sex - only men have the right to beat their wives - the wives have no such right ! Wonderful religion !

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by OkunrinOloro: 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2018
While you're at it, write an algorithm that will boost your brain's reasoning capacity. Good riddance.

whemmytopsy:

He who does not know, and doesn't know that he does not know...that is exactly what you are...i don't have time for rants.... I've got codes to write....wish you all the best....

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
While you're at it, write an algorithm that will boost your brain's reasoning capacity. Good riddance.

Trust me i will write the one that will douse your stupidity.....to bad rubbish.... grin grin grin
Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by OkunrinOloro: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
Write one that can travel back in time and douse the stupidity of a certain illiterate fake "prophet."

whemmytopsy:

Trust me i will write the one that will douse your stupidity.....to bad rubbish.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by abdulkayus(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
I've read the whole koran. It's a very small book compared to the Bible. The koran has only 6,666 verses compared to the Bible which has nearly 40,000 verses. I've also read most of the hadiths. So I'm not ignorant about Islam. I speak from a position of an informed person. And what I know about islam is very disgusting.

No wonder whemmytopsy see you as ignorant and defiant of the truth. U are swimming in the pool of ignorance. Don't let ur hatred and bigotry becloud ur sense of reasoning.
FYI, the total number of verses in the Holy Qur'an is 6236 and not that lie(6666) that u are peddling around.
Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
Write one that can travel back in time and douse the stupidity of a certain illiterate fake "prophet."

Sorry to disappoint you, i do forward reasoning and not reverse reasoning like you do....cheers
Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by Gweedorian(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
The mindset creates the country... Running to Western countries and civilization without realizing that their Christian/secular ideals made them the rich prosperous peaceful nations that they are today.

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by OkunrinOloro: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Reverse reasoning is believing that when you die you will get 72 virgins. Only a fool would believe such crap.

whemmytopsy:

Sorry to disappoint you, i do forward reasoning and not reverse reasoning like you do....cheers

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
Reverse reasoning is believing that when you die you will get 72 virgins. Only a fool would believe such crap.

Tell an atheist what you believe about life after death....he will proof to you that you are a bigger fool....cheers
Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:
My belief in life after death is this:

But tell me, what can be more mor-onic than this? grin grin grin

P.351. That corresponds to which chapter and verse??....stop this arrant display of ignorance...... I'm sorry to inform you that the filthy brain in your numb- skull is far more moronic than whatever you believe about islam....winks....

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by OkunrinOloro: 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
Why are you crying? grin grin

[img]https://i./3NowX.gif[/img]

whemmytopsy:

P.351. That corresponds to which chapter and verse??....stop this arrant display of ignorance...... I'm sorry to inform you that the filthy brain in your numb- skull is far more moronic than whatever you believe about islam....winks....

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Abiding By The Law Of The Land In Western Countries by whemmytopsy(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
OkunrinOloro:

Boda ode...are you not the dilettante that claimed that you've read all the quran...then i asked you a simple question 'that the page of quran p.351 you quoted earlier corresponds to which surah and verse?'..which you've refused to answer but you are rather begging the question.....knowledge you no get, calm down to learn so as not to embarass yourself as u've done just now, you won't listen....get some sense bro.....winks..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Importance Of Reading And Acting Upon Qur'an / What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? / Repent Before It Is Too Late, Death Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.