Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,017 members, 7,956,771 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts (3364 Views)

Confusion In NFF As Chris Giwa Gives Keshi Back His Job As Super Eagles Coach. / JUST IN - NFF President Aminu Maigari & Secretary General Arrested ! / JUST IN: NFF Offers Stephen Keshi New Two-year Deal Plus Salary Increment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Kennyblues(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2010
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has discovered $6m and another N144m in three bank accounts belonging to the Nigeria Football Federation as it continues its investigation into the N1.6bn scandal rocking the football body.

The monies were discovered by the EFCC in the course of probing the accounts of the NFF.

The identities of the banks where the monies were found were however not revealed.

The EFCC said the three accounts had been frozen.

A source close to the investigation told our correspondent on Monday that the acting President of the NFF, Aminu Maigari, had been asked to report to the EFCC’s Abuja office on Tuesday over the discovery.

Maigari was said to have been a financial controller of the federation before his elevation.

The Head of Media and Publicity at the EFCC, Mr. Femi Babafemi confirmed the development.

“Yes, I can confirm that to you,” he said.

The discovery may mark a turning point in the course of the investigation into the alleged misappropriation of public funds by the NFF.

The anti-graft agency had on July 12 raided the NFF secretariat in Abuja and carted away documents relating to its financial transaction and also quizzed the impeached President of the federation, Alhaji Sani Lulu, General-Secretary, Bolaji Ojo-Oba, and former Vice-President, Amanze Uchegbulam, over the alleged fraud. The trio were later admitted to administrative bail.

The officials are being investigated for alleged massive fraud and mismanagement of the NFF funds, following petitions against them on the handling of the federation’s funds.

They were accused of mismanaging billions of naira which include $125,000, $250,000, N34m, $400,000 with the stolen $236,000 added to the alleged mismanaged funds.

It was also alleged that the NFF leadership used N185m to bribe the 36 state football associations at N5m each to support its cause.

The affected officials were also alleged to have squandered another $5 million, said to be proceeds of marketing from FIFA.
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by marketplace(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2010
They are all thieves. Only God can save us from our politicians
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by snowdrops(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2010
how much lower can a country sink?

hope this would not be swept under the carpet as usual with the tender slap on the wrist.
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Acidosis(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2010
Jesus!
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by BlackRevo: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
This is very terrible.
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by aieromon(m): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2010
Where did they expect to find the money?Inside a sack under the Glass House?
These crooks berra go down for their atrocities.
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by princekevo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2010
Source Pls
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Parnassuss(m): 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
II swear I'm too fagged out to reason this case. Naija don tire me, I'm off to Chad.  embarassed
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Okijajuju1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2010
God punish Stepp Blatter!!

Jonathan should release Sergent Rogers on the condition that he will kill all these corrupt politicians and government ppl in exchange for amnesty.

Parnassuss:

II swear I'm too fagged out to reason this case. Naija don tire me, I'm off to Chad. embarassed

Abeg which airline you dey use??
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Abayomin70(m): 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
am short of word this country is just too wicked see dem as dem de embezle public funds i just wish wish wish wishhhhhhh sorry am short of word
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
aieromon:

Where did they expect to find the money?Inside a sack under the Glass House?
These crooks berra go down for their atrocities.

I heard on the radio this morning - exactly what crime is efcc reporting ? they did not find money in lulu's account, they found it in nffs account. is the account supposed to be empty?

these fricking publicity hounds - eejits

i really cannot make any sense of their pronouncement
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Akainzo(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2010
Fellow Nigerians, when are we going to stop falling for cheap publicity and noise making in this country? When??

When has it now become a crime worthy of sensationalism that you have found NFF's money in NFF's account? Was the money supposed to have been kept in NSC or EFCC's account?
Maybe what they are indirectly saying is they were surprised that NFF had money as the thought all the money had been stolen, so EFCC was shocked to still see that there was still money! Or what can I make of this?

Soon, it would be news that crude oil was found at Warri refinery! grin grin grin
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by agitator: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
Akainzo:

Fellow Nigerians, when are we going to stop falling for cheap publicity and noise making in this country? When??

When has it now become a crime worthy of sensationalism that you have found NFF's money in NFF's account? Was the money supposed to have been kept in NSC or EFCC's account?
Maybe what they are indirectly saying is they were surprised that NFF had money as the thought all the money had been stolen, so EFCC was shocked to still see that there was still money! Or what can I make of this?

Soon, it would be news that crude oil was found at Warri refinery! grin grin grin

They know the reasoning capacity of average Nigerians.  Actually they are trying to free SL
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
there is more to this issue.just keep ur fingers crossed,the issue of world cup match fixing and bribing to join the team by the nff and thier players will re-surface from here
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by sylve11: 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
bloody thieves angry cool
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
sylve11:

bloody thieves angry cool
were did u get that assertion from?
they said money was seen in an expected account that belongs to the football federation and not the individual staffs account
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by jokingmary(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2010
even the so called efcc are criminals angry

They are going to sweep this matter under the carpet as usual when the NFF settles them sad
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by folem: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
oyb:

I heard on the radio this morning - exactly what crime is efcc reporting ? they did not find money in lulu's account, they found it in nffs account. is the account supposed to be empty?

NFF money found in NFF account but u get some funny comments on this topic! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
hopefully nigerians will decide to take matters into our own hands one day and kill all these bastards
I dey sit down here dey crack my head on how to bring cheap and affordable solar energy to naija and you read about things like these and you get lost on what they are really saying,on one hand,the money is meant to be in nff's acct and on another hand,if they have frozen the money that means there is more to it than they are saying,but buttom line,the fact that we have to read about stuff like this on Nigeria almost on a weekly basis is really begining to kill the naija in me,I remember the billions stolen under abacha,the billions stolen under shonekan,obasanjo,yaradua and lets not talk about ibb,nnzeribe contributed,infact,what else do we need to jolt us out of our perpetual stupidity,for basically,that is what we are to these leaders"stupid people,afterall,they will do nothing about it"
Please Nigerians,lets fight this menace before we trully sink to where it will be totally dificult to get back on our feet
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by philip0906(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
oyb:

Akainzo:

[size=18pt]gud point. . .but is it not these people dat always claim 2 be broke?who knows if the efcc did not "act fast",the money woulda grown wings into another account.dats d grouse here[/size]

Soon, it would be news that crude oil was found at Warri refinery!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by davidif: 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2010
WHERE ARE THOSE WHO WERE COMPLAINING THAT THE EFCC SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED? SHOW YOURSELVES NOW.
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Akosbaba(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
But they said $236,000 was lost,how come we weren't informed when they found it.NAIJA!
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by knice(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
[size=13pt]In Nigeria, it is who pays the piper that dictates the tune, hence dictating cash direction and you trust our greediness and selfishness, its direction should move to the pockets. What a rare opportunity they might say? A PITY.[/size]

FOR RECHARGE CARD MANUALS AND SOFTWARE/070333097160.GOODBYE
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by abrahym(m): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2010
so where all this discovered money head to? EFCC are thieves also,just like thief they catch thief
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by oluagness(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2010
NFF is rich. Well, EFCC have been catching thieves for long but we have not been seen the recollected money, why?
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by sley4life(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
they should JAIL&HANG(if possible) all corrupt members in the nff.
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by IbrahimB: 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2010
There is money inside NFF's account
. . .

I thought this was meant to be good news? 
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by tainot2002(m): 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
THEY ARE ALL BUNCH OF THIEVES STEALING PUBLIC TREASURY AT THEIR OWN FAVOUR

IMAGINE PAYING THE FALCONET $750 INSTEAD TO MOTIVATE THEM WITH THESE.

THE ARE THERE SUFFERING IN ORDER TO MAKE THE COUNTRY PROUD.

STUPID PEOPLE CONTROL OUR FOOTBALL IN THIS COUNTRY grin shocked embarassed smiley[b][/b]

MONKEY DEY WORK BARBOON DEY CHOP
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by beeke(m): 1:35am On Jul 28, 2010
Talk about junk journalism they abound in nigeria i wonder if this people think before going to the press sometimes when i read nigerian news is like am going through one of James Hadley Chase novels why cant our so called journalist be comprehensive when reporting their news to nigerians i know that there are more to this news than what our high on something journalist are reporting cos i dont know why a certain amount of money that was found in NFF account {not personal account}becomes a scandal were the hell do they want to see the money
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by rasputinn(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2010
Parnassuss:

II swear I'm too fagged out to reason this case. Naija don tire me, I'm off to Chad. embarassed

OMG grin grin grin grin

Seriously bro,I feel you
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by pappy4real(m): 8:34am On Jul 28, 2010
sley4life:

they should JAIL&HANG(if possible) all corrupt members in the nff.
and those in the EFCC too + d police,lastma,customs,immigrations,politicians and so on undecided undecided undecided
Re: N1.4bn Scandal: Efcc Discovers $6m, N144m In Nff’s Accounts by Cohomology: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2010
I trust PHCN staff more than EFCC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Betting Codes / Updates From Pre NUGA Games ZONE B Tournament In Lautech / Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.