Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA (37014 Views)

Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA / LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Becomes UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Aminat508(f): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
@AMILOADED

During the last week convocation ceremony of the Osun State University, Osogbo, the school Registrar revealed that Miss Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite of the Department of Microbiology bagged the overall best student in the university for the 2016/2017 academic session.

This sparked a wide jubilation among friends family, classmates and indigenes of insignia who were at the event.

In an exclusive interview with Amiloaded.com, Miss Adegbite expressed her appreciation to the Almighty God for helping her to achieve the feat and also painstakingly narrated her tough journey on the rough road to success.

Read :

Amiloaded: Have you ever encounter any difficulties during your days in school?

She said" The admission search quest was the first challenge on its own. It took me two and a half years to secure admission after my secondary education since 2011.

What about during your university days?

The most challenging days were during my second year at school (200 level), it took me little time to adjust to the learning processes.

Alhamdulilaah, I passed through hurdles and I was astonished when I had 5.00 GPA for the very first time at 200 level second semester.

Amiloadee: " We learnt that your faculty/department is the most difficult in uniosun, how do you overcome this?

She said"

Yes, in fact, I was almost discouraged about the course during my first year. The senior colleagues discouraged us about the course (Microbiology) and the lecturers. They addressed the lecturers as strict, unapproachable beings and disciplinarians who cant add a mark to a students score but rather fail students.

I told myself back then, 'Maryam you can do it'. My parents were disciplinarian so, meeting with my lecturers wasn't a challenge.

Alhamdulillah, I feel elated to have graduated from that department as I was been trained by disciplinarians who made me realize how essential it was to value due processes rather than shortcuts.

How did you come over all the challenges?

How I overcame it wasn't secretive. I sat down, discovered myself and promised myself to graduate with a CGPA of 4.95 in the Department of Microbiology. All I did was to discover who I was by passing through the self-discovery quest. I discovered my reading & studying strategies. Then, I devised an acronym for myself- P.U.D.H.E (Prayers, Understanding, Determination, Hard work, Extracurricular activities).

The acronym helped me a lot and Alhamdulillah, Allah made it feasible for me. It wasn't by my ease by Allaah's to have graduated with a 4.91 C.G.P.A. after setting a goal of 4.95.

Maryam revealed that she was not a social enthusiast while in school and that all she does was reading and reading most of the times.

Maryam is a doting lady from a lovely family. She's a an easy going being who loves to utilize every golden opportunity of networking and meeting with people.

The 23 year old is from the ancient town Osogbo and hopes to have a better career in the academics.

Source: https://www.amiloaded.com/2018/11/exclusive-23-year-old-osogbo-indigene.html?m=1

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Evablizin(f): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
Wow what an excellent performance. Congrats girl. I'm just happy to read this. cheesy

59 Likes

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by dominique(f): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
Congrats to her. She made 4.91 out of her targeted 4.95 GPA, very commendable

36 Likes

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2018

I think she is related to a friend that finished from FUTA - Temitope. They have thesame surname and also hail from thesame Osogbo town. cool

It runs in their blood smiley

Meanwhile, Congratulations to the girl.

In saner climes, she is entitled to a good job for attaining such meritorious feat but here in my father-land angry angry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
"Miss Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite of the Department of Microbiology bagged the overall best student in the university for the 2016/2017 academic session. "

Congratulations beta pikin.

No be that other girl wey kill herself inside hostel because of one useless boy.

14 Likes

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by nurez305(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
And my girlfriend struggle to graduate with third class

Kudos to you babe

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by bitcoin215: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
Good

check my siggy
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by NwaAmaikpe: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
shocked

Alhamdulillah.
Allah has rewarded this devout muslima with good grades.

But it is not good enough unless it is perfect.
I just feel bad that despite her brilliance, the remaining 0.09 points eluded her.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by bettercreature(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
cool
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by omocalabar(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
Muric.....where where una dey?
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by AbdulHakeem44(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
This proves that the hijab covers the head and not the brain. Barakallahu fee dear, thanks for making us proud.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
cheesy. Good one my girl. It's refreshing to still see few descend intelligent ladies in a world now filled with wayward dumb perverse biiitches.
That's why sometimes I have soft spot for hijabs, it has a way of controlling women to be serious and descent, women are generally immature and can take things too far when given too much freedom. Thst's why they need to be checked.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by ednut1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
In nigeria na to dey celebrate high gp with zero innovation or invention. Last last na access bank she go end

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by positivedaveyy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
Wow!!... "Then, I devised an acronym for myself- P.U.D.H.E (Prayers, Understanding, Determination, Hard work, Extracurricular activities).".... She's truly a genius.

Good day all,
I'm a graduate of Biochemistry from UNIBEN with 2.2, and I've since completed my NYSC. I have 4 years working experience in diffrent fields ranging from Customer Service, Ticketing and Reservation, Supervisory levels, Office & Administration, Marketting, Computer Operations, and Teaching.
Diligence and commitment to duties are my watchwords. I'm also open minded and excited about learning new things and handling new opportunities.
I'm proficient in the use of Ms Office tools and packages as well as Social media flexibility.
I've worked as a Data entry Personnel at EXP Marketing Nigeria and it greatly improved my data entry skills.
I would appreciate if anyone can help or recommend me to someone as I'm presently jobless.
Please, be my connection and God bless your good hearts.
Location - Lagos, Abuja, South-South & South-East
Contacts - 09038561889 & 08025341558
ighagbonosayande@outlook.com

1 Like

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by amahthelma(f): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
Wow congrat dear

Guys am in need of Toyota camry LE 2004 model
Ashes or cream color

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by amahthelma(f): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
amahthelma:
Wow congrat dear

Guys am in need of Toyota camry LE 2004 model
Ashes or cream color
second hand to be precise
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Gelabuzz(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
Congrats dear... Congrats!!

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Isobug: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
Trust me she's not yet employed.... Maybe whiling away time with npower....

Nigeria for you

1 Like

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
'Maryam you can do it' and she did it...
Congratulations ma'am..
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
cool

Cool
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Emilo(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
amahthelma:

Contact me for Camry at good price..
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
Yaaay! Women are winning all around the world cheesy
Not everytime Oloosho, abortion this that.. Let's hear the good things too.. Congratulations to her..

6 Likes

Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Triangles1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2018
Congrat, now you can come and work for dangote or obasanjo.
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Strangebuttrue(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2018
all these private universities Sha.
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by ahukannakate(f): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Congrats babe
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Geoffreymgk: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Their fucking problem!!!
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by AtchenyAutos(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
amahthelma:
It's available
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by ishowdotgmail(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
Nawa ooo, graduating at the age of 23 undecided
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Amuluonyenaego: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2018
IGBO AMAKA grin
Re: Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2018
girls on fire!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Teacher Defiles A 13-Year-Old Pupil In Zamfara (Photos) / Baze University, Abuja In Pictures / Musa Muminah Agaka Graduates With A First-Class From Ahamdu Bello University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.