Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) (43761 Views)

Job Alawari-Kei: FUO Student Slumps, Dies From Illicit Drug Overdose In Bayelsa / Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) / Prophet Patrick Eyaefe's Wife dies from snake bite hours after marrying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by axcerin: 9:57am On Nov 25, 2018
A Dallas woman who was on life support after receiving a cheap nose job in a Mexico hospital in October died on Saturday, her family said.

Laura Avila, originally from El Paso but now living in Dallas, went to “Rhinocenter” surgery center in Cuidad Juarez on Oct. 30 to have work done on her nose, according to the family’s GoFundMe.

She never woke up.

“Without knowledge to her fiancé, Laura suffered a cardiac arrest for four minutes,” the GoFundMe said. “She was then placed into a medically induced coma to prevent further damage to her brain that was caused by the complications she experienced during anesthesia.”

On Saturday, her sister, Angie Avila, said her sister died at 8:30 Saturday morning after being in a coma for nearly a month.

“My heart aches, and I truly don’t know how or if I’ll ever overcome this pain,” Angie Avila wrote in a Facebook post.

After receiving the botched surgery in October, Laura Avila spent six days in an Intensive Care Unit in Mexico before being transferred to a hospital in El Paso. She was having seizures due to brain damage.

Only after Avila’s family paid the hospital bill in full in Mexico did her doctors grant her transfer to a hospital in El Paso, her family said on GoFundMe. They hired lawyers in Juarez to get Laura’s full medical records.

The family’s fundraiser for Avila had raised about $80,000 of its $150,000 goal as of Saturday afternoon. The family said $25,000 in medical costs was incurred in Juarez and the entire family has missed work for weeks to be with Avila.

BY GISTMORE.COM >> http://gistmore.com/month-long-coma-woman-dies-cheap-nose-job-mexico

1 Share

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by axcerin: 9:57am On Nov 25, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by Richdad50(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2018
Dear Slayers and Delusional Queens,
Life is the consequence of a series of choices you make. If you make good choices, you wont have a bad life. If you make bad choices, you cant have a good life. Take as long as you need to make your decisions. Dont be rushed, because you’ll live with the consequence- reno

#Richdadnuggets

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2018
shocked

Her family should book a mass for her so that she will not be punished so much in purgatory.

I'm sure St. Anthony of Padua will make sure she gets into heaven because this is his spec.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by adrian3000(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2018
shocked
dont know what to type sad

rest in peace
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2018
Women and wahala smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by Tallesty1(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
Oliver twist

2 Likes

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by chiboy1116: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
angry
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by ChristineC: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
SMH

So people are now burdened with fund-raising eh... continue.
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by hahn(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
So you mean to tell me this woman didn't think she was beautiful enough? undecided

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by CreepyBlackpool: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
Serves her right

1 Like

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by Edgarated(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
some women sha,,she fine already why going under the knife?

=======

Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by anambraamaka: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2018
Imagine so the grave Don chop all the beauty
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by chimelami(f): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2018
Sad. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by gaby(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2018
They shouldn't forget to remember burying her with the old nose or a photograph of her former face.

This is to make angel Gaby's job of ID'ing the newest arrival easy.

Journey well...

11 Likes

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by abdulaz: 10:04am On Nov 25, 2018
She killed herself because of low self esteem.

I like the Mexican Hospital, they made sure the family paid her debt in full before releasing her body to go and die in El Paso.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by dotman4real007(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2018
See beautiful girl waste just like my early morning akamu, grin you don get fine nose already watin you come dey find again? Well the matter na between you and baba God now.

8 Likes

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by gare(f): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2018
axcerin:
A Dallas woman who was on life support after receiving a cheap nose job in a Mexico hospital in October died on Saturday, her family said.

Laura Avila, originally from El Paso but now living in Dallas, went to “Rhinocenter” surgery center in Cuidad Juarez on Oct. 30 to have work done on her nose, according to the family’s GoFundMe.

She never woke up.

“Without knowledge to her fiancé, Laura suffered a cardiac arrest for four minutes,” the GoFundMe said. “She was then placed into a medically induced coma to prevent further damage to her brain that was caused by the complications she experienced during anesthesia.”

On Saturday, her sister, Angie Avila, said her sister died at 8:30 Saturday morning after being in a coma for nearly a month.

“My heart aches, and I truly don’t know how or if I’ll ever overcome this pain,” Angie Avila wrote in a Facebook post.

After receiving the botched surgery in October, Laura Avila spent six days in an Intensive Care Unit in Mexico before being transferred to a hospital in El Paso. She was having seizures due to brain damage.

Only after Avila’s family paid the hospital bill in full in Mexico did her doctors grant her transfer to a hospital in El Paso, her family said on GoFundMe. They hired lawyers in Juarez to get Laura’s full medical records.

The family’s fundraiser for Avila had raised about $80,000 of its $150,000 goal as of Saturday afternoon. The family said $25,000 in medical costs was incurred in Juarez and the entire family has missed work for weeks to be with Avila.

BY GISTMORE.COM >> http://gistmore.com/month-long-coma-woman-dies-cheap-nose-job-mexico

Rest in peace, this is the result of low self esteem, be proud of your self.

1 Like

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by adrian3000(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her family should book a mass for her so that she will not be punished so much in purgatory.

I'm sure St. Anthony of Padua will make sure she gets into heaven because this is his spec.
are you catholic?
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by arantess: 10:06am On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

No such thing as purgatory

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by Chukzy44(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2018
axcerin:
SEE ALL HER BEAUTIFUL PICTURES HERE >>> http://gistmore.com/month-long-coma-woman-dies-cheap-nose-job-mexico

You see am now?if you tell dem dey no go hear,anyway sorry ooo and r. I. p to the dead!!
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by ednut1(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2018
They never learn. Insecure fools

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by tachacute(f): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2018
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 10:12am On Nov 25, 2018
She can now smell the coffee and slay in peace from the other side.

With all the make up tricks, fake wearable hips/nyash and push-up bras etc in the market, women who are so bothered about their looks have no business going under the knife especially when they can not afford it.

8 Likes

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by phranklyn92(m): 10:12am On Nov 25, 2018
That is what happens when you meddle with the good work of our God!

4 Likes

Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by naturalwaves: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2018
Re: After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) by safarigirl(f): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2018
arantess:

No such thing as purgatory
.....accoding to your doctrine

Some Christian doctrines don't believe in tithe, but many are still paying it.

Let people believe what they wish. There are many types of Christians in this world, each eith their own doctrines that they can back up with Bible teachings, so, just move on.

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Explain This / Help! Irregular Period Is Making Me Go Crazy / Dr Abideen Aro Revives A Pilgrim Who Slumped During Hajj In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.