Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better (8020 Views)

Computer Science Or Computer Engineering??? / Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering Which Is Better / Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better by karyurdey(m): 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2007
I will like you people to give me adice on the course i want to study in the uni. I want to study COMPUTER SCIENCE and people say COMPUTER ENGINEERING is more better. Which one is ok than the other is is both ok?
Re: Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better by hola2ng(m): 11:56am On Apr 13, 2007
Re: Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better by my2cents(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2007
In lay man's terms, computer science(CS) is like a pilot whereas computer engineering (CE) is like a plane. Even better, CS is like soup whereas CE is like eba. Without a pilot, you can't fly a plane. Without soup, your eba-eating experience will be horrific and sacrilegious to say the least. In the end though, a CE guy can always switch b/w disciplines and be a CS guy without much difficulty. This can't be said of the other way around.

In general though, you shouldn't do a course because one is better than the other or because one pays more than the other. You should do a course based on liking it. The money may be good, but of what point is the money if you go to work frustrated? I personally look forward to going to work everyday because I enjoy what I do. In fact, I would even do it for free if I had the money to pay the bills, maintain the family etc. This is how you should determine your career choice.

If on the other hand, you have the talent for either, then I would suggest you go into CS. It's one thing to be a programmer but it's another to not only program but know the why behind the how.

I hope this helps.
Re: Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better by nawa1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ my2cents: u just harmer d nail 4 d middle of d head.
Re: Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better by sholasys: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2007
I will Like to express my observation in this way:
1. Both field are interrelated with a diff which may be insignificant. CE will have more electrical (electronics) background while CS will have System Analysis and computation background.
2. At school, i mean during the course of study it might look diff but i tell u when u get out to the labour market it is dsame.
3. It also depend on experience/exposure and self development, A student of both field can work as either which solely depend on what their company is doing.
4. one is not better than other. even in job advertisement it is either CE or CS.
5. come to think of it, what are we engineering in computer? what we do is replacement engineering? do we build or design microprocessor or circuit ?

in conclusion, if i may advice, i will say u shld go for CS. U will have broad knowldge as far as computer tech, IT is concern and try and do ur industrial IT in networking of computer Eng environment. I bet u , u will not regret it. I STAND TO SAY BOTH ARE DESAME . Very soon they will scrap them and have what is called INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
Re: Computer Science Or Engineering, Which Is Better by ezehisaac(m): 6:05am On May 30, 2013
the hand writing is smple,you can either be a scientist or engineer.better still,you can be both if your brain can carry it

(1) (Reply)

~~~> Skype <~~~ / 5 Ways To Make Your Macbook Faster / How To Change Ur Mac Address?/unblock My Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.