Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud (3566 Views)

Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by AloyEmeka8: 2:35am On Jul 28, 2010
Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud

A 40-year old pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Kunle Odeyemi David and his accomplice, Ganiyu Babatunde a.k.a. Iyalla, 52, have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for fraudulently withdrawing N8 million from the bank account of a Lagos-based hotelier, Alhaji Mudashiru Olanrewaju Odetunde.

•Pastor Kunle Odeyemi.

According to police sources, David, who resides at 3, Transformer Street, Amikanle, Alagbado, Lagos and Babatunde, who lives at 8, Oduduwa Street, Surulere, Lagos, have been allegedly withdrawing money from accounts of bank customers with the connivance of a female cashier. Their victim, Alhaji Odetunde, the owner of Moonshine Motel, Lagos told P.M.NEWS: “ The suspects withdrew money from my account with the assistance of a female cashier. My bank is near Nigerian Breweries, Iganmu, Lagos.
“ Can you imagine that when the pastor and his comrade-in-crime removed N8 million from my account, I went to report at the bank’s headquarters. Immediately I stepped out, I got another alert that N2 million was removed again from my account.
“I dashed back to the bank to complain again and in a twinkle of an eye, I got a transaction alert which read your account has been credited with N2,000,000 by returned 062317520 cheque.
“But for the assistance of police detectives attached to Area ‘A’ command, Lion Building, Lagos Island, they would not have been arrested.
“I am disappointed with the way the bank officials handled the matter. I feel it is no longer safe to keep money in the bank. They keep deceiving me over my N8 million.
“The bank is yet to pay me my money. I work extremely hard to get money.”

Pastor David said: “I am a pastor of Redeemed Church. It is true we withdrew money from Alhaji Odetunde’s account. I got 30 per cent of the money. The cheque was paid into my account and we withdrew it at Gbagada branch, Lagos. I deal in oil and gas.” Babantunde said: “The offence has been committed. The account number we used was 06231753 at the Ibadan branch. The money was paid into Pastor’s account with the help of a female cashier.”

It was also gathered that the police at the Area ‘A’ Command have impounded a Toyota Infinity SUV marked DM11EKY and a black Picanto Car with registration number MN 141 KJA from Pastor David and Babatunde respectively.
Police sources told P.M.NEWS that the suspects will be charged to court soon.
—Oluwole Adeboye

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/07/27/redeemed-pastor-arrested-over-n8m-fraud/
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Tudor6(f): 6:07am On Jul 28, 2010
It gets to a certain stage one has to ask why this a frequent occurence amongst RCCG psators? Something is wrong somewhere and its obvious G.O Adeboye is a thief and a friend of thieves and thats why he attracts thieves.
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by AloyEmeka8: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
Tudór:

It gets to a certain stage one has to ask why this a frequent occurence amongst RCCG psators? Something is wrong somewhere and its obvious[b] G.O Adeboye is a thief and a friend of thieves and thats why he attracts thieves.[/b]

So all the Nigerians that steal in UK and America are due to the fact that their presidents are thieves? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by nuclearboy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^ Or better still, since you, Tudor, are here with quite a number of people on NL, should we then automatically say you have the same intellect?

Sad that such is found in Church BUT Pastor Adeboye is not responsible for every thing that happens there. I daresay he likely doesn't know most of the pastors at RCCG.
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by hakunajay(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
Please be careful of what you say about people! That a pastor got involved in crime does not mean that the G.O is also a criminal. I'm not a member of their church but i hate it when people conclude issues like a programmed robot!
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Pennywise(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
What abt the branch manager? Which bank allows a cashier to pay that kind of money without authorization?
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Tudor6(f): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

So all the Nigerians that steal in UK and America are due to the fact that their presidents are thieves? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Err yes. Aren't all Nigerian presidents thieves??

nuclearboy:

^^ Or better still, since you, Tudor, are here with quite a number of people on NL, should we then automatically say you have the same intellect?

Sad that such is found in Church BUT Pastor Adeboye is not responsible for every thing that happens there. I daresay he likely doesn't know most of the pastors at RCCG.
Both of you should spare me the BS and weak analogies. If he doesnt know his pastors whose fault is that

Adeboye is a Known frolicker with confirmed thieves like Akingbola, OBJ, Ibori and co I guess he doesnt know OBJ and Ibori are embezzlers too. What a joke
Re: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by skyone(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
Tudór:

It gets to a certain stage one has to ask why this a frequent occurence amongst RCCG psators? Something is wrong somewhere and its obvious G.O Adeboye is a thief and a friend of thieves and thats why he attracts thieves.

You are frustrated by your atheistic view of life and the more it emerges the likely you go off completely.

(1) (Reply)

OPERATION OVERTAKE AND TAKEOVER / Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? / Where Did The Word “GOD” Originate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.