Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman (39752 Views)

I Only Defrauded Them Of N186m – Pastor Arrested For Scamming Members Of N500m / Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) / Pastor Arrested In Anambra With Twelve Stolen Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by ijustdey: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
Police detectives at State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, have arrested a pastor and charged him before Ebutte Metta Magistrates’ court for his alleged involvement in fake spiritual healing in Lagos State, western Nigeria.

Pastor Samson Onyeka allegedly obtained N1.2m from one of his church members, Mrs Temitope Akinbowale to procure her a bottle of anointed oil from abroad to cure her aged mother of an undisclosed ailment.

The incident happened at Ikola road in Ikola, Ipaja where the victim resides. The church is also located there.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the victim approached Onyeka to express her worries over her mother’s sickness and her desire to have her healed.

Onyeka sympathized with her and promised that he would pray and ask God to heal her.

He also allegedly asked her to bring the money to buy holy oil from Israel which will heal her mother automatically.

After the victim allegedly paid the money, he gave him the so-called anointed oil and asked her to give it to her mother to drink until she was healed.

He promised her that the oil would heal her mother within a specific time because of its spiritual potency.

However, it turn out that the oil did not cure her mother any ailment as he claimed, rather the ailment became complicated and worse because they abandoned her drugs and relied only on the oil for healing.

When the period he gave them for the healing elapsed, there was no signs of recovering rather her condition deteriorated.

When the victim realized that she was defrauded, she went to Onyeka and demanded for her money back.

However, Onyeka refused and asked her to bring more money to procure another oil and promised her that the ailment will be healed at the end.

Following his refusal to refund the money, Akinbowale wrote a petition to the police who arrested Onyeka for interrogation.

During the investigation, the police discovered that the oil was fake and was even harmful to human health.
He was charged with obtaining and stealing under the Criminal code.

When he was arraigned, he pleaded not guilty.
The presiding Magistrate, Mrs M. O. Ope-Agbe granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.

He was remanded in prison custody at Ikoyi pending when he will perfect his bail condition.
The matter was adjourned till 4 May, 2016.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/07/pastor-arrested-for-giving-n1-2m-fake-healing-oil-to-woman/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Y will somone in their right senses give someone that much for an anointing oil.. 1.2m loun loun.. when she can use that money to give the ailing mother d appropriate medical treatment.. some people deserve what they get sometimes.. no b only holy oil from Israel,na unholy oil from Sudan
Smh
angry

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by admax(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
When a Muslim Cleric was involved in human jaw business: https://www.nairaland.com/3027197/bought-human-jaw-fortune-charm#44375365 they said he is 'self-acclaimed Islamic cleric'! but as soon as some self-acclaimed Pastor commits atrocities eh they will never call him a self-acclaimed Pastor but a Pastor as if they were there when he was anointed.

People commits atrocities no doubt but stop slandering the body of Christ by posting all the bad news about Pastors while the Muslims will never do such to their Imams and Alfas who commits more atrocities!

The devil is using some of you and you don't know! angry angry

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by IndianBwoy(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
I believe christianity has always been a scam.

1 of the 2 religions that has given the concept of spirituality a bad name.

The world has no future until she returns to the pure devotion and worship directed to the GODS .

The abrahamic religions always use deception to plunge the world into immorality and inhumanity.

I do not blame the pastor but the foolish masses who throng to these dens of demons to pay homage to the symbol of their colonized minds.

There was a time when I would have blamed it on uneducation and illiteracy. But now Im wiser.

Even the uneducated illiterate people and farmers in the villages are the wiser for having stuck to the pure simple faith of their ancestors.

Its not education but lack of wisdom and sheep mentality that has brought about the religious crisis, the world over.

Its really a pity when I see educated people in high positions succumbing to this degree of foolishness.

So next time , before you call your elders in the village who are struggling to save their ancestors spiritual heritage as "witches and wizards" , kindly Think Twice

I am Indian and I follow the tribal religion of my ancestors (different from mainstream Vedic Hinduism) and I thank the Gods of my forefathers for giving me and my fellow tribespeople , a good, stable and a fruitful lifestyle inculcated with morals and values sufficient for our progress as human beings, devoid of religious fanaticsm and lunacy . But filled with cultural pride and nationalism.
I am proud to say that my tribe has 0 poverty and 100% progress by the grace of our Gods.

I am Proud to be BORN PAGAN .

Pics from my traditional religion:

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by cold(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pastors fleecing the gullible since the1980s..sigh

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
So we still have people who are yet to be smart in Nigeria?
grin grin grin

But the pastor harsh O!
1.2 million for anointing oil?
Will it cure HIV/AIDS?

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by wrahzaq(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
undecided
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Dio1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
The Woman should be arraigned for endangering her Mother's Life with her gullibility, and for those shouting "Faith'', she should have had enough faith and prayed herself. Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by MrHackmed1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
gOOD
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hell No! It serves the woman right and all those who run to miracle performing men of God for solutions to their problems. Why would someone spend a whole sum of 2.1million for an ordinary bottle of so called spiritual oil? Where in the bible is it written that miracles should be performed for money? Did Jesus do that? what kind of Christians are we? A small boy can just wake up one morning, maybe due to unending problems, hunger, stress coupled with the hard economy and go to baba Ijebu(Native doctors) and get charms used for performing miracles then he comes and get people brainwashed that he's a man of God performing all sort of dramas to get them convinced. It's heart-rending. We need to understand that everything we need as Christians is in the bible, read God's word pray when faced with problems you may realize that, that's just all you need. You have the power to command a thing and it comes to pass, cos God gave you that power, make use of it and stop running to mere mortals. It's wrong to speak ill about God's anointed but I am forced to say 90percent of the so called men of God are fake, You go to them for prayers, you probably went with 30 demons, curses or sickness but believe me after the prayers you will be leaving with not less than a million demons. Keep being miracle driven and kip falling into the hands of hungry men. The earlier we realise that there's no hope for us in man the better for us. Let God's spirit guide us to the right path Amen.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Shollyps(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
..religion is a big scam....gullible people everywhere...smh

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by MadCow1: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pastor Samson Onyeka!

[img]http://.net/i/571.gif[/img]
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by fortune5351(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
lol
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by teewhydope(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
End time pastor
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by just2okworld(f): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
my people perish for lack of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by bisola99: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chai diarisgod ooo
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by hebex12(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Endtime pastor
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by guyXander(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nothing to say.
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
How long will it take people to know that religion and miracles are just bullshit
take you sick ones to the hospital

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
angry Who u epp? Who u epp? Who u epp? U don baff? Who u serve? Don't slam my door whats wrong with you angry
ijustdey:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/07/pastor-arrested-for-giving-n1-2m-fake-healing-oil-to-woman/

That woman should be arrested for endangering the old woman's life with her stupidity....
Nigeria Police are real assess. you arrested a man for giving fake spiritual oil to a woman, my question is this,
with what gauge did the nigeria police used to measure the potency or authenticity of the oil. if they are now a religious body, did they forget that it requires faith to get spiritual healing.

what a collection of dumb people. angry angry angry

2 Likes

END TIME PASTOR.
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Adaowerri111: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Rubbish, abeg the guy is innocent
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by idupaul: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
She has sense to earn 1.2m naira but believes there is an oil in Isreal that heals people who drink it

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by neocortex: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pastors and fraud.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by OXCUBA: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
1.2 milla ...... imagine she use that money buy fuel.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by tolexy123: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
This days when people are charged to court, the next tin is bail that isnt even up to the alleged money in question. Nigeria is finished (GodSpeed). I KNOW SOME IDIOTS AND MUMU WILL START SHOUTING PDP AND APC AGAIN
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by seunny4lif(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
grin grin
When will dey carry APC go court grin grin
Both of them na 419 grin
One chance pastor one chance party grin
This one na APC pastor grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
why don't she pray for the old woman for God knows everything happening.....This is what you get when you rely on human .. why cant you sit in your and talk to God ....He knows that which is hidden or open.....

To the pastor...
why grant him bail #200k when he duped her 1.2m......why not jail him...giving others room to commit more crimes.....Naija,may God help us all
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by Olivers2J(f): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
High level of stupidity in the part of the

woman, mtcheew u v 1. 2million 2 give a

pastor 4 jst an oil but u can't take ur mother

2 a good hospital 2 conduct a proper test 2 ascertain if the ailment is curable

I don't understd why my SE alwys cut in church fraudster isssh.

thereby giving beautiful & genuine hardworking igbo's bad name
God help u 2 come out alife pastor ISI- OKE
Re: Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman by tabisegroup(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok...

wettin for d poster above me to say something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oprah Winfrey Opens Church, Founds Religion / Catholic Bishops, Parishioners Protest Killing Of Nigerians In Abuja / Which Is Your Best Gospel Songs And Artists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.