Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready (4827 Views)

Why You Should Not Start A Youtube Channel In 2021 / Want To Learn Angular? Here Are 9 Reasons To Learn Angular / Can One Operate A Blog With Just An Android Mobile Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by ioakpan(m): 12:12am On Nov 26, 2018
9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When you are not ready
The following may be the outcome when you start a blog unprepared. Remember it can happen to you anytime.

You get banned by Google AdSense forever.
You engage in using the CTRL C and CTRL V every time.
If you are a student, you begin to perform academically poor.
You begin to ask too many questions from other bloggers.
Your blog doesn’t rank even at the back of Google search results.
You run out of ideas easily.
You begin to imitate designs of other blogs.
You begin to blog anyhow [combining Fashion, beauty, news, sports, real estate, education, tutorials, tech etc all together].
You see yourself doing night plans before you write an article.

Let us see in details what i mean by the above.

You get banned by Google AdSense forever:
When you are not prepared, you will find yourself clicking the Ads on your site, or encouraging friends and family to assist you in clicking them. This is common among the bloggers we have in our country. When you do this, you know what it means na, Google must send you a message and you are left stranded.

You engage in using the CTRL C and CTRL V every time:
You make use of these keys a lot on your keyboard. If you are into the habit of visiting other people’s blog just to copy their content, then you are not ready to face blogging.

If you are a student, you begin to perform academically poor:
If you are a student blogger, time management is very essential to be successful in blogging. Combining these stuffs together with your academic is very tedious. You will find out that your total working load has already increased. If you have 17 total working load, blogging makes it 20. If you are not ready to bear the consequences of poor academic performance, then do not start blogging.

You begin to ask too many questions from other bloggers:
Inasmuch as it is good to ask questions, you will always spot out a blogger who is blogging just because his friend is blogging too. They ask a lot of question, not because thy cannot ask google but because they begin to feel they need help from successful bloggers. If you do not want to fall into this category, then get prepared before you start a blog.

Your blog doesn’t rank even at the back of Google search results:
If can be depressing that after writing articles of 3000 words, you find your article at the back of google search results..lol. smiley. Check those blogs that are ranking, you will see that those guys have made up their minds and are ready to face the challenges. Remember that organic traffic is the best if you are thinking of getting money from your blog.

You run out of ideas easily:
You will always run out of ideas when you start a blog unprepared. Releasing original contents are not always easy, so get yourself ready to face this when the time comes.

You begin to imitate designs of other blogs:

Imitation is the next thing that comes in when you start a blog when you know that you are not ready. You cannot find any thing outstanding in your blog. You begin to copy the designs, even the logo of other blogs.

You begin to blog anyhow:
This happens when you find yourself combining several niches in one blog. Today is hot news, tomorrow, education, tech, etc.

You see yourself doing night plans before you write an article:
blogging requires money and time. When you start a blog when you know you are not ready, you will always see yourself blogging in the night not because of the calmness of the day, but because you do not have the money to subscribe for Data Bundle.

Source: https://ngportals.com/9-reasons-why-you-should-not-start-a-blog-when-you-are-not-ready/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by computerglobal(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Bloggingscope: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2018
Nice but i don't concur with number 6,7,8 and 9. Doing nightplan as a blogger doesn't nean you are not ready for blogging.

Many bloggers prefer to blog at night due to one reason or the other so instead of wasting their data they do night plan

You run out of ideas easily, running out of ideas doesn't mean you can't start a blog, there are many ways to source for ideas online

Getting banned by google adsense? Who wait for adsense when there are many working ways to make money online?

Asking bloggers too many question is okay for a beginner blogger bro, am quite sure when you enetered university you asked those in higher levels than you numerous questions

4 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Jacktheripper: 7:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Blogging is dead. Whoever is still blogging in 2018 is wasting his/her time.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Sheenor: 7:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Good to know...

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by easynetsms(m): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by damaan(m): 7:10am On Nov 26, 2018
K

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Sheenor: 7:11am On Nov 26, 2018
Jacktheripper:
What makes blogging dead sir? Educate me please...

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Bloggingscope: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2018
Jacktheripper:

Lol. Blogging is dead? or getting more competitive ?

Who killed it in the first place ? tongue

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Ruddyman(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
Good points
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:20am On Nov 26, 2018
Can someone check my blog and tell me what's wrong.

www.ishowinfo..com

About 3months, google allowed me to reg for google ads, having completed the registration have not heard anything from them.
Though my blog is abt 3months 3weeks old, should I continue waiting for approval?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Uniqueteco(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

www.ishowinfo..com

About 3months, google allowed me to reg for google ads, having completed the registration have not heard anything from them.
Though my blog is abt 3months 3weeks old, should I continue waiting for approval?
I've checked it, are you sure you are getting traffic?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Xymc1(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

www.ishowinfo..com

I'm not a blogger and I do not know much about blogging either, buh i hope to someday... From my little knowledge i think your site colours are a drawback for visitors, the wide space at the bottom and the fact that if you click on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner, it simply brings you back to the frontpage could also be a problem (I kinda expected it to be a menu)

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by KelB(m): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2018
How much

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by redeyes2016(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2018
The truth is, you do not need to pay a dime to become a successful blogger, we have very successful bloggers willing to train you until you can stand on your own. What you need is just an account with them and the ability to source great content, you will see yourself making them thousand dollars in less than two years, yes, it is quite long a time, but if you ask me, I will say it worth the while. Reply if interested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Bloggingscope: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

www.ishowinfo..com

This is not a matter of traffic bro, I applied for adsense a month ago and i did not hear anything from adsense team. It is probably due to holidays in usa. I just got approved today after a month.

Wait! they will surely reply you and there is nothing you can do than wait.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2018
Xymc1:

I'm not a blogger and I do not know much about blogging either, buh i hope to someday... From my little knowledge i think your site colours are a drawback for visitors, the wide space at the bottom and the fact that if you click on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner, it simply brings you back to the frontpage could also be a problem (I kinda expected it to be a menu)

Thanks will work on that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:42am On Nov 26, 2018
Uniqueteco:

I've checked it, are you sure you are getting traffic?

To some extent bro, initially the traffic were much than what am having now.

Current I have a total of 96,000+ views on my blog of 3months old. Is it small ?

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by tuhamworld: 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
Nice post OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by femijay8271(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2018
redeyes2016:
The truth is, you do not need to pay a dime to become a successful blogger, we have very successful bloggers willing to train you until you can stand on your own. What you need is just an account with them and the ability to source great content, you will see yourself making them thousand dollars in less than two years, yes, it is quite long a time, but if you ask me, I will say it worth the while. Reply if interested

am interested in the training

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by Kokugraphics(m): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
redeyes2016:
pls I'm ready. How do we begin?

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by myseyf(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
computerglobal:
grin

I thought I was the only one that finds the post funny.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by harley88(m): 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
redeyes2016:

Hello... please I'm interested

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by redeyes2016(m): 1:07am On Nov 27, 2018
femijay8271:

am interested in the training
join the group here
https://chat_whatsapp_com/CCnohQjDsUc0FxLjFAdpCt
. . . Change(_) to(.)
Tutorials will start at exactly 6pm tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by redeyes2016(m): 1:09am On Nov 27, 2018
join the group here https://chat_whatsapp_com/ CCnohQjDsUc0FxLjFAdpCt . . . Change(_) to(.) Tutorials will start at exactly 6pm tomorrow. (Modify ) (Quote ) ( Report) ( Share)

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog When You Are Not Ready by redeyes2016(m): 1:11am On Nov 27, 2018
harley88:

Hello... please I'm interested
join the group here https://chat_whatsapp_com/
CCnohQjDsUc0FxLjFAdpCt . . . Change(_) to(.)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Adsense Banned Me After I Was Balanced $12,285k / Free Facebook Browsing On Glo / Build An Ecommerce Website Like Alibaba.com, Aliexpress.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.