Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,033 members, 7,859,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal (6951 Views)

Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) / British MPs Vote Against Brexit Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by brodalokie: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2018
ollah2:

It's their loss. If you check the referendum well, you woukd realise majority of the suppprt came from the elders who have limited time on earth and don't explore like the younger ones.

Expect Theresa May to become Ajala seeking for deals around the world. She might even spend her xmas on the road.

A whole Britain restarting all over or as you put it traveling around the world seeking new deals sound like trouble. America and France from the same West coast already pumping propane bloods through her vains with their current policies. I think the long awaited call for recolonization is coming to play couple with the current struggle we face. It's war brother, it's war
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by martineverest(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2018
mohammad11:
France holding Britain to a tight business activities hope others won't take if personal also. If Britain did better with this then expect others to follow suit
lol...... Britain is already regretting....I expect them (UK)to break up rather than EU breaking up further
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by hermesprogidy(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2018
lilbest4:
Trump actually won if you check previous midterms in the US a sitting president doesn't win the house and senate in midterm it's their way of ensuring checks and balances check the number of seats Obama and the previous administrations lost during midterm you will know that Trump didn't lose. The election was victory for everybody
I don't think won or lost is applicable here because Trump was not on the ballot. But considering the weight of investigations hanging over Trump and his family, the sweeping victory of the Democrats in Congress is very bad news for Trump.

2 Likes

Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by Fadedvoiced: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2018
hermesprogidy:

If you think Brits are happy with the reality of Brexit, then you know nothing. Why am I even replying someone who says Trump won the midterm elections? Are you for real? Political discuss clearly is not your forte.

Did the blue wave happen?

You're also very ignorant in your bid to sound woke
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by somehow: 10:44am On Nov 26, 2018
Your refelundun is a fraud. Why didn't you asl during OBj, yaradua or your adopted son Jonathan's time? Oh you liked these guys but not Buhari?

Sing me another song jare.
Jonasbadoo:
In one part of Africa , it's a taboo to ask for referendum embarassed
Thunder go fire Buhari grin
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 26, 2018
The PM has an impossible task of convincing the House of Common to support this agreement. They didn't support this when she presented it 10 days ago. The EU has also made it clear they ll not be renegotiating. I forsee a situation where UK ll leave the EU with no deal or they ll have to extend their transitional period longer than Dec 2020. In that case they ll have to continue to follow all of EU regulations, pay all their dues and ll not have a single representation in the EU parliament. The EU ll make an example of UK to discourage all other EU countries who may think of leaving the union in the future
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by hermesprogidy(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

Did the blue wave happen?

You're also very ignorant in your bid to sound woke
You are the ignorant one here. Democrats picked their largest seat number in Congress since Watergate, added 9 gubernatorial seats and were 8 points clear in the popular votes. This is despite massive voter suppression and gerrymandering from the Republicans, they picked up seats in very Red States. Do you even know the meaning of blue wave?

1 Like

Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by Fadedvoiced: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
hermesprogidy:

You are the ignorant one here. Democrats picked their largest seat number in Congress since Watergate, added 9 gubernatorial seats and were 8 points clear in the popular votes. This is despite massive voter suppression and gerrymandering from the Republicans, they picked up seats in very Red States. Do you even know the meaning of blue wave?

Your ignorance is second to none.

CNN projected that democrats will take over the house ,80% gubernatorial elections and will make up 49% of the senate.

You're just a fool
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by hermesprogidy(m): 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ogbeche77:
The PM has an impossible task of convincing the House of Common to support this agreement. They didn't support this when she presented it 10 days ago. The EU has also made it clear they ll not be renegotiating. I forsee a situation where UK ll leave the EU with no deal or they ll have to extend their transitional period longer than Dec 2020. In that case they ll have to continue to follow all of EU regulations, pay all their dues and ll not have a single representation in the EU parliament. The EU ll make an example of UK to discourage all other EU countries who may think of leaving the union in the future
I think she may succeed this time. The reason why they laughed her off parliament the last time was because of the hard border issue of Northern Ireland and Ireland. The new Deal to a large extent has addressed that. Whatever the case, a deal is better than no deal.
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by hermesprogidy(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

Your ignorance is second to none.

CNN projected that democrats will take over the house ,80% gubernatorial elections and will make up 49% of the senate.

You're just a fool
CNN projected? How old are you? Anyways once people start throwing insults, it means they have nothing cerebral to offer. I leave you to your willful ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by Fadedvoiced: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
hermesprogidy:

CNN projected? How old are you? Anyways once people start throwing insults, it means they have nothing cerebral to offer. I leave you to your willful ignorance.

Old enough to birth your mate.

Bush dog supporting democrats
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
hermesprogidy:

I think she may succeed this time. The reason why they laughed her off parliament the last time was because of the hard border issue of Northern Ireland and Ireland. The new Deal to a large extent has addressed that. Whatever the case, a deal is better than no deal.
The new deal hasn't completed eradicated the idea of a hard border, it just says they ll discuss how to deal with it during the transitional period. It obvious the EU now have the upper hand. The DUP who the PM rely on to have a majority in the house does not like this idea. I wish UK all the best
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by kanubiafra: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ramos16:

Please just walk away, you obviously don't know what I am talking about, the person I quoted understands, so please go, it is too early
IN all honesty i do not know and thats why i asked to find where in his post you got it from. why is it difficult for you to point it out so a brother can learn from your knowledge ?
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by hermesprogidy(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ogbeche77:
The new deal hasn't completed eradicated the idea of a hard border, it just says they ll discuss how to deal with it during the transitional period. It obvious the EU now have the upper hand. The DUP who the PM rely on to have a majority in the house does not like this idea. I wish UK all the best
You do know that the document says the transition period will end in 20XX? It means they can stretch the transition period to the end the century while they sort the hard border issue. I think she has a chance.
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2018
hermesprogidy:

You do know that the document says the transition period will end in 20XX? It means they can stretch the transition period to the end the century while they sort the hard border issue. I think she has a chance.
Exactly my point, and during the transition period the UK is still bound to obey all EU rules and pay their dues but ll have no single representation. The EU ll grab UK by the balls. That'd the reason MPs disagree with this arrangement. The idea of Brexit is to leave EU and not to stay bound to EU till 20XX..
I hope this serves as a detriment to future countries trying to leave the union. grin
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by hermesprogidy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ogbeche77:

Exactly my point, and during the transition period the UK is still bound to obey all EU rules and pay their dues but ll have no single representation. The EU ll grab UK by the balls. That'd the reason MPs disagree with this arrangement. The idea of Brexit is to leave EU and not to stay bound to EU till 20XX..
I hope this serves as a detriment to future countries trying to leave the union. grin

You're correct. So on point, but I still think it's better than a no deal, since the option of a second Brexit referendum is off the table. Funny thing is the brexiteer politicians condemning the agreement, do not have a better option. Blind Nationalism never does anybody good.
Re: European Union Leaders Endorse Brexit Deal by panafrican(m): 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
The Brits are too smart to let themselves be ripped off by those users in the E.U.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Emmanuel Macron Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Egypt Court Orders Youtube Blocked For A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.